2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

We just have to keep him close to Loomer and talking about insane shit.

Meanwhile, in the place that a lot of us here are just a divorce and 5-10 birthdays from banging our way through our old age...

The red truck in the back is a rolling STD clinic.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2022/08/12/why-is-the-villages-known-as-the-std-capital-of-america/

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I really cannot comprehend how they would be GAINING voters.  We are a sick society.

Here are the reasons

Complain about things that they are saddled with now but have no idea that it came from Trump(like we are still on Trump's tax plan)

Memory of Trump in office is sans 2020

Owning the libs

Being "important". Walking down the street with your hat and being acknowledged by your fellow man instead of largely being invisible

Racist. Trump and Trumpy personalities being overt racists is appealing to people who have had to stifle their racism all this time

• Hook 'Em 3

Some of y'all may find this informative about polling crosstabs. I know I did. In the past I've just paid attention to the top line number and whether it's a regarded pollster. While I recognize that polling has become more difficult over the years, I didn't realize the huge internal variants between polls. Podhorzer is the former political director of the AFL-CIO, a Sr fellow at the Center for American Progress. 

image.thumb.png.627ad4710f197f421d02edbe3db14eda.png

image.thumb.png.162afbe8351799f48641959b31bfe996.png

Short blog post explaining - Why Polling is Opinion Journalism

https://www.weekendreading.net/p/why-polling-is-opinion-journalism

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

lol wut. LA gets its water from the LA aqueduct, which comes down from the Sierra 

Uh, no it doesn't.  It comes from a big faucet that has two settings: send the water to Beverly Hills or out into the ocean.  But Newscomb has it set to "Pacific" since there's a little fish called the smelt and Don, Jr. is banging his ex.  

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

I almost feel bad for the inner circle sycophants who have to listen to these rambling ass stories, pay attention and not laugh uncontrollably........almost.

I wonder how the reporters can even keep a straight face during all that shit.  'Member when he spoke at the UN and said something like he had the best administration in history and all those ambassadors just laughed?  "Not the kind of reaction I expected."

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Some of y'all may find this informative about polling crosstabs. I know I did. In the past I've just paid attention to the top line number and whether it's a regarded pollster. While I recognize that polling has become more difficult over the years, I didn't realize the huge internal variants between polls. Podhorzer is the former political director of the AFL-CIO, a Sr fellow at the Center for American Progress. 

Since these charts and tweets don’t even explain what the data is, I have no idea what I’m looking at. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

GFG4usrWYAEgy0F?format=jpg&name=small

Trump has lied so much over the last 8 years, that most of us have come to expect that he will continue to do so. Even his most ardent supporters no longer listen to him. They just support him, no matter what. The downside for him is that he’s lost any chance of winning any real independents and those craving attention who call themselves undecideds. His 38% is locked in. I won’t be surprised if he gets fewer votes than last time. People are just sick of his shit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

He's trying to meme himself back into relevancy.

I'll allow it!

With the vast menagerie of weirdos over the last 8 years, I had completely forgotten a Milo existed.  I take it it's this Milo (from Wikipedia). 

Milo Yiannopoulos (/jəˈnɒpələs/;[9]  Hanrahan; born 18 October 1984)[1][10][11] is a British far-right political commentator. His speeches and writings criticise Islam, feminism, social justice, and political correctness.[12][13][14] Yiannopoulos is a former editor of Breitbart News, an American far-right news and opinion website.[15]

Yiannopoulos worked for Breitbart from 2014 to 2017. During this time, he rose to prominence as a significant voice in the Gamergate controversy. In July 2016, he was banned from Twitter for online harassment of actress Leslie Jones.[16][17] He was permanently banned from Facebook in 2019.[18][19] According to emails by Yiannopoulos leaked by BuzzFeed News in late 2017, Yiannopoulos solicited white nationalists, such as American Renaissance editor Devin Saucier, for story ideas and editing suggestions during his tenure at Breitbart.[15]

Yiannopoulos has been accused of advocating paedophilia after the emergence of several video clips in which he said that sexual relationships between 13-year-old boys and adults can be "perfectly consensual" and positive experiences for such boys.[20][21] Following the release of the video clips, Yiannopoulos resigned his position at Breitbart,[22] his invitation to speak before the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) was rescinded, and a contract to publish his autobiography with Simon & Schuster was cancelled. Yiannopoulos has said that he is not a supporter of paedophilic relationships and that his statements were attempts to cope with his own victimhood, as an object of child sexual abuse by unidentified men.[23]

In 2022, Yiannopoulos served as an intern for United States Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene,[24] then worked with white nationalist Nick Fuentes and rapper Kanye West on the latter's short-lived 2024 U.S. presidential election campaign.[25] In April 2024, Yiannopoulos was listed as Chief of Staff at Yeezy Apparel, but stepped down on May 15 due to West's announcement of an adult entertainment division at the company.[26][27]

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Bringing the war into the open.

I said this in the Loomer thread, but Trump should be campaigning hard in the battleground states, and trying to help down-ballot races, but instead he's hitched his wagon to a town of 58,000 people and is pushing some racist shit that was made up about said town, and it's drawing the racists out of the woodwork. And because he's Trump and is never wrong, and won't let it go, he's going to keep on fucking that chicken, at least for the next few weeks.

And we are already seeing Republicans on national TV trying ever so hard to dodge or ignore reporters' questions about Trump's comments.

If Soros spent money to get Loomer close to Trump, it was money well spent.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

A Democrat being essentially even in a poll about the economy shows just how poorly Trump is coming off these days. Trusting Republicans more with the economy is just reflexive for tens of millions of people, data be damned (obligatory: propaganda fucking works). Trump is down to one traditional conservative tentpole issue: immigration. And he's going around amplifying some truly racist shit. Just an awful campaign in every way.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

A Democrat being essentially even in a poll about the economy shows just how poorly Trump is coming off these days. Trusting Republicans more with the economy is just reflexive for tens of millions of people, data be damned (obligatory: propaganda fucking works). Trump is down to one traditional conservative tentpole issue: immigration. And he's going around amplifying some truly racist shit. Just an awful campaign in every way.

On the economy question:

For debate watchers, she leads 48-42 on the issue 

Among those who didn’t watch, he leads 41-35 on the issue 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

We live in a nation of idiocy. It's insane to me that trump is leading in so many places still. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I think it’ll be the same as 2020 or even more of a defeat of Trump than 2020, because there are not a shitload of people who voted against Trump  or for Biden in 2020 seeing Trump over the past few weeks suddenly saying “oh, why’d I vote for Biden in 2020 when I can have this instead?”

Trump hit his ceiling in 2020. The past few weeks have been bad for him.