2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Part of me thinks he does this outlandish shit because he can turn on the tv and get off on the fact that people are talking about him.  If he wasn’t doing any of this he’d be irrelevant and no one would talk about him.

Water is wet. Even if it's negative attention him being a lightning rod gets him off because he's a narcissist. Biggest thing they hate is being ignored.

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Water is wet. Even if it's negative attention him being a lightning rod gets him off because he's a narcissist. Biggest thing they hate is being ignored.

It’s always been about him seeing his face or being on TV. His campaign had to run ads in west palm beach media market so he could see himself on TV

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

There's a handful of these accounts that randomly post videos from months/years prior without any indication that they are old.  Very annoying.

It's infuriating. Clear engagement bait with "breaking" and "stunning" in almost every fucking post. And then the classic "retweet so all Americans can see this" they post all the time as well. I'm fucking blocking that account. 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hm, almost like bc they have to do damage control on the Haitian immigrant story they made up. Remind me, is the Harris campaign embroiled in a fake story Walz made up and Harris repeated on national tv?

So we absolutely should dunk on Frank because obviously more publicity for this dunce is a net negative for his campaign and there is not a single undecided voter in America who cares about Sunday morning news shows.

That being said, there seems to be strong evidence that the more the American people see Kamala and Tim, the more they like them.  Some more interviews (not on Sunday morning, who gives a fuck about those) wouldn't be a bad thing.  I'll probably get killed for this thought, but I actually think going on something like Rogan wouldn't be a bad idea.  He's not a hostile interviewer, he's just dumb as a box of rocks and tends to go along with whatever his guest says.  I honestly think holding a conversation and showing that they are both normal and not the caricature currently being painted could be very strategically effective. Might not win a single vote, but might convince some folks that it wouldn't be an existential crisis if they win.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Part of the reason Walz became the VP nominee was the cable news TV interviews that went viral. Not sure why he isn't doing then more now other than just trying not to create negative headlines in some way. 

Trump and Vance have become so unserious that I don't see a negative for Walz to hit the TV circuit. The right will try to pick him apart but that echo chamber is on lockdown and won't negatively affect him with overall electorate IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Part of the reason Walz became the VP nominee was the cable news TV interviews that went viral. Not sure why he isn't doing then more now other than just trying not to create negative headlines in some way. 

Walz is in Georgia today

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So we absolutely should dunk on Frank because obviously more publicity for this dunce is a net negative for his campaign and there is not a single undecided voter in America who cares about Sunday morning news shows.

That being said, there seems to be strong evidence that the more the American people see Kamala and Tim, the more they like them.  Some more interviews (not on Sunday morning, who gives a fuck about those) wouldn't be a bad thing.  I'll probably get killed for this thought, but I actually think going on something like Rogan wouldn't be a bad idea.  He's not a hostile interviewer, he's just dumb as a box of rocks and tends to go along with whatever his guest says.  I honestly think holding a conversation and showing that they are both normal and not the caricature currently being painted could be very strategically effective. Might not win a single vote, but might convince some folks that it wouldn't be an existential crisis if they win.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

I don't think you would or should be dunked on for saying Rogan could be a good idea, but he's also intellectually dishonest and does not really speak to the base her campaign thinks it needs to turn out. Stick to the swing states, is what I think.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

People keep talking about quiet turnip voters, but I think there’s a good chance we have some quiet Harris voters in areas we’ve never thought about before. She may not win those states, but still…

The one thing I'm actually hopeful about is the number of two time Trump voters that were disgusted by January 6th and not voting for him in November.  Maybe they don't vote for Harris and leave President blank, but I could see it significantly help her win swing states or even pull off an upset in a current Lean Trump state. 

• Hook 'Em 3

People keep talking about quiet turnip voters, but I think there’s a good chance we have some quiet Harris voters in areas we’ve never thought about before. She may not win those states, but still…

I think there are a lot of women that cannot openly support Harris in their households.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

55 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hm, almost like bc they have to do damage control on the Haitian immigrant story they made up. Remind me, is the Harris campaign embroiled in a fake story Walz made up and Harris repeated on national tv?

Duh, Kamala never worked at McDonalds you libtard

I do have some concern about the juxtaposition between the campaign styles where KH is almost entirely rallies/in person while maga has been much more about podcast and tv. Worried that we look back on it as maga being at the leading edge to some degree of how national races are won via those megaphones. 

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Apparently this is real. Not a parody account or faked. 

IMG_3364.gif.0f93631f44cd44aca4cab82695f3a9d5.gif

“This will not affect the number of young white women Swifties registering to vote against Trump at all…”

A non-narcissist would’ve just moved on…or had Kid Rock post some stupid comment about only gay men and girls listen to Taylor Swift.  But this orange shithead is in capable of not stewing in his anger juices - and lashing out whenever his reptile brain takes over.   

OTOH, maybe him seeing Ivanka make a mean Taylor Swift post thinks these posts Increase his chance of sleeping with her again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

100%. Openly admitting that you plan to vote for a black...sorry, DEI...woman Democrat for President would not go over well in a LOT of communities, including my SoCal workplace. Comparable to people not wanting to admit support for a visibly declining 82 year old.

So many places in the country--even in blue states--default to "oh, you want to give all of your money to illegals and to pay for kids to get sex changes, huh?" these days. Especially around gun owners. Purely a coincidence, I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

I do have some concern about the juxtaposition between the campaign styles where KH is almost entirely rallies/in person while maga has been much more about podcast and tv. Worried that we look back on it as maga being at the leading edge to some degree of how national races are won via those megaphones. 

Rallies / in person events = engagement, registering people, signing up volunteers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

Partially disagree, anyone can turn on the tv and scream at clouds, people that show up to a rally in PA or GA will take the time to go vote

At this point JD Fuckface does not care if any Haitians get killed because of the bullshit firestorm he's stoked. Haitians are subhuman to people like Vance. This politics of white resentment have to be forcefully put down. Kamala and Walz have got to be hammering them on this at every turn. Especially with Vance admitting it's a lie and that he doesn't care what his lie is doing. And here you have why these people love Trump. They're all ends justifies the means people. Vance hates immigrants (pure fucking irony given he's married to a 2nd generation immigrant) and so trying to stop immigration is the goal that justifies stoking fear and resentment in white people to a changing world. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

At this point JD Fuckface does not care if any Haitians get killed because of the bullshit firestorm he's stoked. Haitians are subhuman to people like Vance. This politics of white resentment have to be forcefully put down. Kamala and Walz have got to be hammering them on this at every turn. Especially with Vance admitting it's a lie and that he doesn't care what his lie is doing. And here you have why these people love Trump. They're all ends justifies the means people. Vance hates immigrants (pure fucking irony given he's married to a 2nd generation immigrant) and so trying to stop immigration is the goal that justifies stoking fear and resentment in white people to a changing world. 

The irony is that he also wrote a book about how much he hates the meth addict welfare recipient Ohio townies. He's a snake.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

I’m sure the feeling is mutual. 

While you may be correct, in comparing the statements, it is amazing how much more professional and diplomatic the 34 year old pop star is than the 78 year old former president.  

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Rallies / in person events = engagement, registering people, signing up volunteers. 

Also all the hand wringing last cycle was all of trumps big in person rallies and their energy w Biden not doing them = momentum for Trump. Now the opposite is the case? Some people just look for something to worry about 

• Hook 'Em 2