2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

On a more serious note, I’ve thought about this quite a bit over the last couple of days. If my candidate took to social to tell the world that he  hates a private citizen who has done nothing to him, knowing that he could cause said citizen harm, I don’t think I could in good conscience vote for that candidate.

That’s cute. 

40 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That’s what the records say

They say what? If they left before 1804 it was St. Dominique. It became Haiti then. So they were slave owners or Petit Blancs who got their asses kicked and ran to the protection of the Brits (Jamaica) or the French (New Orleans). Interesting......... 

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Fuck worrying about the public polls, of which almost all lack quality or relevance. Instead, watch the money and where the candidates spend their time.

image.png.a8b86fc2c77d5675a1b2f25a2445bce0.png

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/inside-congress/2024/09/16/house-dems-sleeper-seats-suddenly-in-sight-00179407

Yeah I was about to post that. The district polling in 2016/2020 sort of foretold of something happening at the top. In 2016, it was the warning signs in rural district polling showing Clinton just bombing and in 2020, it was that the down ballot races were much closer than the top of the ticket polling. 

Dems seeing tightening margins for GOP incumbents in WI, MI, IA tracks with polling. That Trump +4 poll in IA could mean a lot as to why Dems are going to drop money into IA-01/03. And probably send Walz out there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Here's why Obama and Reagan didn't have a problem with potential assassins when they went golfing.

It boils down to Trump is selfish, doesn't gaf about anyone but himself, reckless and lazy. Shocking stuff.

image.png.ee315ef257afdd8f9db19baf5b825ecb.png

Duh.  Selfish narcissism is Trump's entire being.  There literally is no room inside his narcissist brain for anything else.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m almost to the point I think we need dotard to stick around. The damage he is causing to the GQP is marvelous. Once the election is over I give zero fucks what happens to his fat, stupid ass. 

That, and an assassin or meteor would really dampen my celebration of his death.  I am looking forward to that day and I don't want anything to mitigate that joy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m almost to the point I think we need dotard to stick around. The damage he is causing to the GQP is marvelous. Once the election is over I give zero fucks what happens to his fat, stupid ass. 

I am in this camp. These crazies need to stop shooting at the dem savior. 

I kinda feel bad for how crazy the ss job is protecting him. He creates so many safety issues for them and they get dragged for not doing the impossible. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, chainsaw said:

There's fuckery afoot in Arizona. Maybe there's truth to the rumor about Charlie Kirk bussing "volunteers" into AZ who registered to vote.

No question about it happening. Question is to what scale can it happen. I'll do my own research and get back to you.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Aside from a UFC fight or NASCAR race, this is probably the friendliest environment imaginable for him.

Yep. He won Tuscaloosa County like 57-42. Sadly no precinct level data to see if he won the Bama campus 

He went in 2019 and Bama lost 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

It won’t happen considering he will be in Alabama but good lord how great would it be if this backfires.

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Aside from a UFC fight or NASCAR race, this is probably the friendliest environment imaginable for him.

If he's in Alabama, he's going to say something pro-Alabama because he can't help himself when in front of crowds, trying to get them to cheer him on.

And if Georgia loses while Trump is there to root on Alabama....I'm sure that will play well in Georgia.

Philly GIF by Philadelphia Flyers

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And they picked on a group that cannot defend themselves at the ballot box. 

4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

This is worth repeating as it's a key facet of authoritarians.  Pick an out group and punch down on them.

I have a few MAGA relatives on the Cherokee side of my family and I've pointed out that Trump thinks of foreigners the way others like Andrew Jackson thought of their ancestors.

What really pisses me off is how many of these motherfuckers have Irish ancestry.

qtuqzy10r8g61.jpg.thumb.webp.6276d12e76e1ca5186fa4f66b2787283.webp

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he's in Alabama, he's going to say something pro-Alabama because he can't help himself when in front of crowds, trying to get them to cheer him on.

And if Georgia loses while Trump is there to root on Alabama....I'm sure that will play well in Georgia.

Philly GIF by Philadelphia Flyers

Bama will lose bc all the players were staring at him in the luxury box, with tears in their eyes

• Like 1

My high school senior and i were talking politics on the way home from church- strictly due to 25 or so giant Maga signs we must negotiate on the 5 mile trip back.  He was surprised to hear Trump has a very solid chance at losing, and admitted that many of his peers would vote of Trump if they were old enough.

The entire convo was frightening. He's admittedly disconnected from politics; doesn't know much about the candidates, and more than a few of his buddies are Aggy legacies but still. Clearly Aisd is failing at grooming and whatever social media he consumes is polluted by nonsense. Very discouraging. I've kept an open dialogue about various issues over the years too. Maybe part of it is my wife being a very liberal Californian and typical teen rejection of step moms; but still.

32 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That's what I thought after 2020 and here we are, 4 years later...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep. He won Tuscaloosa County like 57-42. Sadly no precinct level data to see if he won the Bama campus 

He went in 2019 and Bama lost 

He won't get a friendly reaction from the student section, but the power brokers of the state will be there, and he will get love from them.  That having been said, if he's wasting time in Alabama, a state he has in the bag, that means he's not campaigning in a place he needs.  What we could all be pulling for is a medical emergency and Alabama's shitty health care system to really shine.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well the eff you NYT for not including it in your cool map from 2020

Walt Maddox, former Dem candidate for governor, got his political start in Tuscaloosa as mayor.  Like a lot of places the city is pretty liberal (by Alabama standards), the county not so much.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BamaATL said:

Walt Maddox, former Dem candidate for governor, got his political start in Tuscaloosa as mayor.  Like a lot of places the city is pretty liberal (by Alabama standards), the county not so much.  

Some precincts were extremely pro-Biden, where the polling place I assume was a Black church.

Just now, Js1 said:

Supposed to be another one this week from an in-state pollster (F&M or Susquehanna) so if there’s another one showing her ahead, he might be on suicide watch lol 

How is he supposed to manage without a fascist authoritarian to force women to marry incels?

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Some precincts were extremely pro-Biden, where the polling place I assume was a Black church.

How is he supposed to manage without a fascist authoritarian to force women to marry incels?

Interesting tidbit about that, I was a senior in 2001 when Maddox got elected and it was actually the involvement of the Greek machine that put him over the top, which is pretty ironic all things considered (I think he was a Sigma Nu, though I don't off-hand remember).  Anyway, as I mentioned the city itself is pretty liberal, and to your point quite diverse, the county on the other hand is not.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Northampton has voted for the winner of the state very year since 1912 except 1968, 2000, 2004 - true PA bellwether 

Trump won it 50-46 in 2016 and Biden won it 50-49 

Erie was also 50-49 Biden in 2020 and 48-46 Trump in 2016

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6