2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

My company just had another round of layoffs for people based in the US and is outsourcing those jobs to India.  It's not immigrants taking jobs.  It's corporations giving the jobs to offshore workers.  Infuriating.

Corporations are supposed to pay the least for the resource required to make a profit. 

PEOPLE  have to decide what is good vs what is $.

Just be good people. That's all we gotta do. That is the assignment.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Northampton has voted for the winner of the state very year since 1912 except 1968, 2000, 2004 - true PA bellwether 

Trump won it 50-46 in 2016 and Biden won it 50-49 

Erie was also 50-49 Biden in 2020 and 48-46 Trump in 2016

Ope, Northampton has been a perfect bellwether for the state since 1920 and for the country since 1912 except for 3 elections. That’s a good track record 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If I'm feeling spicy around these types I hit them with this: "If you're white and you've been in the US for a couple generations, why are you still working a job that can be stolen by an immigrant with a 3rd grade education and no language skills? Sounds like a you problem to me." 

Well that’ll bring Thanksgiving dinner to a screeching halt right away, won’t it?

Thank you in advance for getting me back in front of the television in a timely fashion.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Northampton has voted for the winner of the state very year since 1912 except 1968, 2000, 2004 - true PA bellwether 

Trump won it 50-46 in 2016 and Biden won it 50-49 

Erie was also 50-49 Biden in 2020 and 48-46 Trump in 2016

The county polls are the real good news for Harris IMHO.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If I'm feeling spicy around these types I hit them with this: "If you're white and you've been in the US for a couple generations, why are you still working a job that can be stolen by an immigrant with a 3rd grade education and no language skills? Sounds like a you problem to me." 

Ditto. I close with, "you've lost at life".

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

i want a 1984 style blowout, but with the Republicans on the receiving end this time

Apparently, internal data isn't that rosy.

I spoke with someone today who is a donor to big Democratic PACs. PA, especially White men, aren't voting for Harris. Biggest advantage in PA is the lack of ground game by Trump.

The donor's surprised how well Harris is doing in GA and NC. He thinks GA will go to Harris. Terrible GOP governor candidate may be enough of a drag on Trump to allow Harris to pull ahead.

For the Senate, he says MT is lost, and FL and TX are pipe dreams. He's Allred's friend. The donor's quite progressive and frustrated at the tenor of Allred's stealth campaign. But, because of Allred's background, he thinks Colin's plan is logical. He, himself, has donated a bunch to all the competitive Senate races, but is pessimistic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We are lucky that Byron Donalds is not on Trump's ticket - he acts much more like a human being than Vance, or he's a much newer model with a lot less lag.

But he’s not white so he’d never have gotten picked 

6 minutes ago, quigley said:

I spoke with someone today who is a donor to big Democratic PACs. PA, especially White men, aren't voting for Harris. Biggest advantage in PA is the lack of ground game by Trump.

The donor's surprised how well Harris is doing in GA and NC. He thinks GA will go to Harris. Terrible GOP governor candidate may be enough of a drag on Trump to allow Harris to pull ahead.

For the Senate, he says MT is lost, and FL and TX are pipe dreams. He's Allred's friend. The donor's quite progressive and frustrated at the tenor of Allred's stealth campaign. But, because of Allred's background, he thinks Colin's plan is logical. He, himself, has donated a bunch to all the competitive Senate races, but is pessimistic.

Good thing she doesn’t need all the white people to win. Everyone else has just gotta get to the polls 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, quigley said:

Real question:  Why is "internal" data supposedly better than all the other bullshit polls we see everywhere?

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Real question:  Why is "internal" data supposedly better than all the other bullshit polls we see everywhere?

Also in no world would there be any internal data indicating a 1984 style win. The best Dem can hope for is 2008ish 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If this was specifically to me, I don't know. I'm not in politics. I know this person socially and know that he's quite well connected.

Suffolk polling

In Northampton, Harris leads female voters 55%-37% – an 18-point advantage that is greater than Harris' 17-point statewide lead with female voters. In Erie, Harris leads female voters by an even wider 55%-35% margin. Trump leads among male voters in Northampton 53%-44% and male voters in Erie 52%-42%.

"This is female-gender advantage on steroids," said Dave Paleologos, director of the Suffolk University Political Research Center. "In all three data sets, the women margin is around almost twice around Trump's edge among men."

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I just had Covid last week and I made a "China virus" joke and it did not fare well.

Between that and the fact that I yell "mao!" (from the Deer Hunter) anytime someone suggests getting Asian food, my family has had enough.

Millennials don't really get dark humor, and Gen Z doesn't get anything, you just have to calm them, like panicked puppies.

Eg: I once told a story from my Arrrmy days, where my buzzcut and boots (wore em all the time) would draw neo-nazis out of the woodwork like I was a nazi-magnet. But then I dryly added, I couldn't be a nazi because the uniform dry cleaning fees were outrageous.

Some young bystanders demanded literal denial of nazi-hood or else they were going to punch me in the nose. I am not sure they knew how to make a fist. So I told them I wasn't, but in German.

OK I lied about the German bit.

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also in no world would there be any internal data indicating a 1984 style win. The best Dem can hope for is 2008ish 

Based on what this guy's saying, a 2008-type win is very unlikely. The goal is a really close win for Harris, eek out a majority in the House, and prayer for the Senate.

This same guy was nervously optimistic about Clinton in 2016 and confident in a Biden win in 2020.

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

Based on what this guy's saying, a 2008-type win is very unlikely. The goal is a really close win for Harris, eek out a majority in the House, and prayer for the Senate.

This same guy was nervously optimistic about Clinton in 2016 and confident in a Biden win in 2020.

2008 is best case for Dems. Sure feels like 2020 + NC is the likely 

• Hook 'Em 3