2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, we know he isn't spending anything on dates with women, so he's probably got some spare cash.

Yep. Dude's probably about Elon's size, and with a truck like that one, it's a 100% certainty he has a tiny dick.

Edited by wood

UNH - Harris +11 (54-43) in New Hampshire - last poll was Harris 50-43 in August and 49-43 in July.  NH was Biden +7 in 2020

In August, NH residents thought Harris would win the election, 46-42.  September - 49-36.  In July, it was 59-26 Trump over Biden 

Only thing that stuck out to me about this poll:

Trump supporters are more hesitant than Harris supporters to express their support for Trump in public or to talk about it with people they know

Maybe that's just in NH, because elsewhere.... lol

image.png.e8f650a44ce6a91341115d6693c2c7e1.png

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

A lot of the rednecks in eastern Washington/Oregon are the same people who used to be east Texans dragging black people to death. A bunch of the most hardcore southern racists began moving to the PNW 20+ years ago because they saw it as their last redoubt. They even came up with a fancy name for it most of them probably can’t even pronounce: the northwest territorial imperative.

5 hours ago, royiv said:

My wife’s family (not MAGA in the least) has a lake house in rural WA. Most MAGA place I’ve ever been. We went up for the 4th two summers ago. MAGA flags everywhere. On every house, on every boat, on every business, on every truck. I saw more confederate flags than I’ve ever seen in Texas. The local small town was having a berry festival complete with a civil war reenactment. Guess which side the locals were cheering for? After that, we decided no more visits on holiday weekends. 

And to think that the "Sooper MAGA" folks in northern Idaho are the ones who moved there because eastern Washington was too liberal.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

can anyone not a finance bro give me a 1-2 line summary of why this rate cut is happening now and if it's good/bad and what it's indicative of? wish US economics was on my continuing education list for my license, but sadly it's not.

it's kinda cool after all the iterations of this board over the years I feel comfortable asking this question here. past versions of the cloak room would have seen hyenas pouncing on meat after that question. also loaded with insults. lots and lots of insults.

And most of those opinions would’ve been wrong

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

can anyone not a finance bro give me a 1-2 line summary of why this rate cut is happening now and if it's good/bad and what it's indicative of? wish US economics was on my continuing education list for my license, but sadly it's not.

it's kinda cool after all the iterations of this board over the years I feel comfortable asking this question here. past versions of the cloak room would have seen hyenas pouncing on meat after that question. also loaded with insults. lots and lots of insults.

Video is like 2 mins and will answer all of your questions

Spoiler

Fuck Side fumbling

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nothing about that chart makes any fucking sense. Or the fucking tweet for that matter. 

I'm guessing

A) the "convention anti-bounce" that he built it (aka, putting his thumb on the model) has worn off and she's still up 4-6 nationally in polls
B) she had very good state polls the last few days (PA +3 twice, MI +5, WI +3 twice, NH +11)

Or he got all the subscribers he needed and now the model is reverting back to reality. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Yeah, the GOP message to union types is pretty simple. 

Mexicans and Haitians taking your jobs.

Details of how hostile an administration is to union in terms of the NLRB - irrelevant.

Increased minimum wage - irrelevant.

I would have a neon sign outside of every union hall: 

"Project 2025 would end overtime pay"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

When Trump loses Vance’s career is over

It's fun to think about the absolute destruction that the Trump circus has caused to everyone in his sphere over the past 8 years. Losses of careers, bank accounts, dignity, marriages, respect of their children, non-incarcerated statuses, ability to practice law, etc., etc.

Him more than anyone: 

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

You'd think anyone could simply recognize that whatever side Neo Nazis are on, is the wrong side.  But, here we are.

It doesn't even have to be that extreme for the people who default to "everyone is a Nazi to the left."

Almost everyone acknowledges that these two statements are unequivocally true: 

Russia (the real Communists) want to destabilize and weaken the West, particular America. 

Russia desperately wants Donald Trump to be the President of the United States. 

...connect the mother fucking dots, people!

• Hook 'Em 6

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Heavy lean on ignorance. i.e. a relative of mine who is otherwise a great person telling me a few weeks ago "Oh those aren't real felony charges against him, and thankfully no one believes that they are". Because that's what the talking head on Fox told them, and they believe that they're watching "the news". Just straight up ignorance. 

Tale as old as time -- rich white guys are ALWAYS getting the shaft from the justice system. 

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

LOL, no.  All states should do it like CO does it.  Ballots sent out ~4 weeks prior to the election (along with a blue book that explains each ballot issue and the pros/cons of each).  You can send them back at any time.  And if you don't want to mail it, there are secure dropboxes everywhere (public libraries, DMV offices, etc).  There are probably 5 dropboxes within a 3 mile radius of my house.  

Colorado's voting process is second to none. Easy, convenient, clear, reliable, and maintained with good integrity. It really blows my mind that every state doesn't have the same process. 

• Hook 'Em 5

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I'm guessing

A) the "convention anti-bounce" that he built it (aka, putting his thumb on the model) has worn off and she's still up 4-6 nationally in polls
B) she had very good state polls the last few days (PA +3 twice, MI +5, WI +3 twice, NH +11)

Or he got all the subscribers he needed and now the model is reverting back to reality. 

The funny thing about building a "convention bump" into your model is that there actually has to be a convention bump.  If Harris continues to receive positive polls when the model is saying the bump should have worn off, then that chart will continue to quickly and rapidly correct itself.  (As most everyone predicted would happen.)

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Colorado's voting process is second to none. Easy, convenient, clear, reliable, and maintained with good integrity. It really blows my mind that every state doesn't have the same process. 

Lots of states (like Texas) don't want to make voting easier.  

But yes, CO should be a model for other states.  Sounds like a couple others are similar, but not very many.

• Hook 'Em 3

CNN Trolls JD Vance

CNN aired a powerful montage of Donald Trump calling Kamala Harris a “fascist” multiple times after his running mate JD Vance blasted Democrats for using the same word to refer to the former president.

The montage began with a snippet from Vance’s Monday speech in Georgia. The Ohio Senator-turned-GOP vice presidential nominee called for Democrats to reduce the “ridiculous and inflammatory political rhetoric” days after an assassination attempt against Trump — the second in a matter of months.

“Look, we can disagree with one another. We can debate one another. But we cannot tell the American people that one candidate is a ‘fascist’ and if he’s elected, it’s going to be the end of American democracy,” Vance said.

Then, CNN showed a series of clips of Trump using the exact same term to describe Harris.

“This is Communist, this is Marxist, this is fascist,” the former president said at an August 27 rally in Pennsylvania.

Then, another clip captured Trump attacking Harris at a Friday news conference near his golf resort in Los Angeles: “This is a radical-left, Marxist, communist, fascist.”

“She’s a Marxist. She’s a fascist…“Comrade Kamala Harris,” he similarly told a crowd in Michigan on August 29. Speaking about Democrats, he continued: “They’re scum. And they want to take down our country. They are absolute garbage.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Welch said:

Why would black turnout need to decrease for his second scenario to be true?  Wouldn’t Trump benefit more if he got 12% of the black vote, and blacks turned out at 69%?  Or higher?

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Because of math. Kamala would still be getting more net votes for each black voter. 

also he conditions the result on "without flipping a single county"

Just now, chainsaw said:

Sean O'Brien is a pissant

Like I said, the rank and file really hated Kamala.  Trump got 59% in their last poll of the members.  

I mean, he will probably post some AI endorsement someone makes for him, but them declining to endorse against what their rank and file wanted is good.

But that dude sucks butt either way. 

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s right on this. You and G650 sound like Chicken Littles. Millions of people will vote by mail with no problems. It’s a good thing. You’re overreacting. 

I'm not being a pussy. The guy, who if you'd note has changed his narrative slightly with each post, said everyone should RUN DON'T WALK TO VOTE BY MAIL RIGHT NOW. And then he cited election conspiracy fears that the right uses, of which mail in voting doesn't help, it has exacerbated thanks to Trump. I have pointed out that the BEST method is to vote early, in person. Which it is, easily, the best method. But I didn't tell anyone not to vote by mail. I simply pointed out the truth, which is that there is always the potential for more fuckery by mail. And his defense is bascially, "but there hasn't been." Well, I don't wear my seatbelt becaue I expect to be in an accident, but I wear it anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I agree.  I will be sitting down with my 16 year old this year to review my ballot, research candidates and measures I’m not familiar with and fill it out so he’s familiar with the process of how to not just be a voter, but how to be an informed voter.

Or as some would characterize such citizens: a threat.

• Hook 'Em 8

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

thanks for sharing but you're shaking my belief that Americans are good. While wrong, I can somewhat understand why southerners could cheer on the South in a civil war reenactment but people in WA? 

When I did grad school in Berkeley I went out to the Sierra Nevada or Trinity Alps on the weekends. Tons of confederate flags. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I agree.  I will be sitting down with my 16 year old this year to review my ballot, research candidates and measures I’m not familiar with and fill it out so he’s familiar with the process of how to not just be a voter, but how to be an informed voter.

The two of you should each pop open a cold beer and enjoy it while doing this to make it an especially memorable father son experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Like I said, the rank and file really hated Kamala.  Trump got 59% in their last poll of the members.  

I mean, he will probably post some AI endorsement someone makes for him, but them declining to endorse against what their rank and file wanted is good.

But that dude sucks butt either way. 

https://teamster.org/2024/09/teamsters-release-presidential-endorsement-polling-data/

From April 9-July 3, nearly 300 Teamsters local unions nationwide conducted first-of-their-kind Presidential town halls, soliciting endorsement preferences from members via straw polls. The in-person voting was held prior to Biden’s withdrawal from the race. The Teamsters’ polling data shows members backed Biden 44.3 percent to Trump’s 36.3 percent.

Following the Republican National Convention and Biden’s campaign exit, the Teamsters commissioned a national electronic poll of its 1.3 million members, overseen by an independent third party. During a voting window from July 24-Sept. 15, rank-and-file Teamsters voted 59.6 percent for the union to endorse Trump, compared to 34 percent for Harris.

Hmm I wonder if Sean O'Brean did something between July 3 and July 24 that could have been consequential among Teamsters....

The world may never know

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s right on this. You and G650 sound like Chicken Littles. Millions of people will vote by mail with no problems. It’s a good thing. You’re overreacting. 

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not being a pussy. The guy, who if you'd note has changed his narrative slightly with each post, said everyone should RUN DON'T WALK TO VOTE BY MAIL RIGHT NOW. And then he cited election conspiracy fears that the right uses, of which mail in voting doesn't help, it has exacerbated thanks to Trump. I have pointed out that the BEST method is to vote early, in person. Which it is, easily, the best method. But I didn't tell anyone not to vote by mail. I simply pointed out the truth, which is that there is always the potential for more fuckery by mail. And his defense is bascially, "but there hasn't been." Well, I don't wear my seatbelt becaue I expect to be in an accident, but I wear it anyway. 

Millions of people will vote by mail, this is true, and some of those ballots will not make it. That is a fact. My point is to take a variable put of the equation. If you are in a mail in state, you can fill at your ballot at your leisure, drop it at the mostconvenient, drop box, and go about your merry way. It couldn't be easier and more secure.

I know most people have no idea how unreliable the mail has gotten, but we suggest to our subcontractors to pick up their checks instead of having us mail them simply so they know they will arrive. Out of the 100 or so checks that we mail each month, a few never make it.

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Apropos of youth voting, I was excited when I turned 18 and got to vote.   Yeah the process of educating yourself is a bit dry, but that mild annoyance was nothing compared to the thrill of legally doing something "The Man" didn't want you to do.  Not only that, they can't stop you!  And they're a bit scared your generation will figure it out.   As a kid growing up in the 70s & 80s I felt it was a very punk thing to do.   Fuck those old establishment clowns.    It took me a few weeks to figure out not many other kids outside of my friend group had thought about it,  never mind shared my enthusiasm.

As the song says...

"They say you're stupid
That you're too young to vote
They say you'll swallow anything
That they shove down your throat
They say you can't think
That you haven't got a brain
That you're just there to listen
That you're just being trained"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2