2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

That’s it? That’s 94% of this website and yall still have jobs!

Like we all have time to bang models and deal with A/M scanks.

Edited by dcbc

THE CALL CAME FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE

Here’s how you know how shitty, unprincipled, and evil the GQP is: if Robinson was up 10 in the polls, they’d have buried this. All of it.
The only thing the GQP has a problem with is losing. Literally everythign else is ok. He could rape a goat after sodomizing a baby, then selling the nuclear codes to Putin, and that wouldn’t move the needle.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Here’s how you know how shitty, unprincipled, and evil the GQP is: if Robinson was up 10 in the polls, they’d have buried this. All of it.
The only thing the GQP has a problem with is losing. Literally everythign else is ok. He could rape a goat after sodomizing a baby, then selling the nuclear codes to Putin, and that wouldn’t move the needle.

If you honestly believe that this was GOP internal knowledge, I don't know what to tell you.  The reality, an opposition research firm that most likely does work for both parties uncovered this and gave it to the NC GOP.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

If you honestly believe that this was GOP internal knowledge, I don't know what to tell you.  The reality, an opposition research firm that most likely does work for both parties uncovered this and gave it to the NC GOP.  

How does that change anything he said? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

How does that change anything he said? 

The thought that GOP discovered this on their own isn't at all what happened, regardless of the claim, but regardless, he is right about them ignoring it if they were 10 up.  

7 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The "rape a goat part"?  Because, yeah.  That was pretty overt.

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

GX4O-zVXUAAIDql?format=jpg&name=medium

Ok, is that actually NCRP, or someone with a convincing template.  Because if the story is coming from inside the house, the coup isn't complete yet. 

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

The "rape a goat part"?  Because, yeah.  That was pretty overt.

Call political trade craft or what you will, the timing of this "discovery" by the GOP doesn't make any sense.  The thought that they'd be vetting their own candidate on the eve of it being impossible to pull him makes no sense at all.  Someone has had this info for a while, and leaked it now because it's damaging no matter which direction the NC GOP goes.  If they pull their candidate, it's pure chaos, if they stand by the black Nazi, it's political suicide.  The timing of this is beautiful for Dems, and that's no accident.  I don't doubt for a second the veracity of the damning report and allegations, this is who this guy is.  However, someone has had this ace in the hole for a while, and leaked/released it at the exactly correct time.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think he meant beneficiaries rather than trustees.

I'm a few in the bag, but I think I meant that unless he's the trustee (assuming irrevocable, which isn't the argument on display), what's he doing there.  I may be being dense, I thought about this for about a minute on my way out of the office for a day off tomorrow.

Edited by dcbc
And by a minute, I mean a second

On a less fun story, the Republicans are taking another run at taking away the NE-2 vote.  Lindsey Graham visited this week to turns the screws and the full congressional delegation endorsed the plan.  That is really damaging to the NE-2 Congressional incumbent, so my bet is Graham threatened a Trump tweet to get him on board.  Apparently they have converted one of the no votes in the Unicameral, and others seem likely.  Ricketts has funded a lot of those Senators, so he may be able to apply pressure.  

46 days before the election and the Republicans are looking to change the rules to disenfranchise Omaha fucking Nebraska.  

https://nebraskaexaminer.com/2024/09/18/winner-take-all-push-gets-help-of-gov-jim-pillen-sen-lindsey-graham-trump/ 

The silver lining is that they seem desperate. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

On a less fun story, the Republicans are taking another run at taking away the NE-2 vote.  Lindsey Graham visited this week to turns the screws and the full congressional delegation endorsed the plan.  That is really damaging to the NE-2 Congressional incumbent, so my bet is Graham threatened a Trump tweet to get him on board.  Apparently they have converted one of the no votes in the Unicameral, and others seem likely.  Ricketts has funded a lot of those Senators, so he may be able to apply pressure.  

46 days before the election and the Republicans are looking to change the rules to disenfranchise Omaha fucking Nebraska.  

https://nebraskaexaminer.com/2024/09/18/winner-take-all-push-gets-help-of-gov-jim-pillen-sen-lindsey-graham-trump/ 

The silver lining is that they seem desperate. 

I assume he's arging about ME, too.  Narrator: He's good with Maine.

Edited by dcbc
No "Me too" pun intended.

If you think this day wasn't full of news:

https://www.status.news/p/olivia-nuzzi-rfk-new-york-magazine

New York magazine on Thursday said its Washington correspondent, Olivia Nuzzi, is on leave after learning the star journalist had allegedly engaged in a romantic relationship with Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

"Recently our Washington Correspondent Olivia Nuzzi acknowledged to the magazine’s editors that she had engaged in a personal relationship with a former subject relevant to the 2024 campaign while she was reporting on the campaign, a violation of the magazine’s standards around conflicts of interest and disclosures," a spokesperson for New York magazine said in a statement.

"Had the magazine been aware of this relationship, she would not have continued to cover the presidential campaign," the spokesperson added. "An internal review of her published work has found no inaccuracies nor evidence of bias. She is currently on leave from the magazine, and the magazine is conducting a more thorough third-party review. We regret this violation of our readers’ trust." 

Nuzzi did not comment. She did not proactively disclose her alleged relationship with Kennedy to New York magazine and the outlet only recently learned of it, according to people familiar with the matter. The alleged relationship did not begin until after a November 2023 profile she wrote on Kennedy had been published, a person close to Nuzzi said. The person close to Nuzzi added that she did not use Kennedy as a source while covering the 2024 campaign. A second person familiar with the matter said the relationship is thought to have started around the new year. 

A representative for Kennedy, who mounted a third-party bid for president and recently endorsed Donald Trump, did not comment.

And because there are rules:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS0bfs6KMGpy8mORKImeW

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I was asked to consider running for a local office a few years ago and my legit first thought was “what if they find my surly handle?”

If that were me, they'd find me walking everyone here through how to play with high end whores.....

• Hook 'Em 1