2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

23 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

What's wrong with it?  Please explain.

seems to me there are two possible explanations. if something says, say biden 51 trump 44, and the final result is biden 51 trump 49, then either (1) js's theory that they nailed biden number but missed on all late deciders, or (2) they missed really bad.  a 7 point lead ended up a 2 point win.  it was happenstance that the bad miss on three groups (biden, trump, undecided) happened to align with the results of two groups (biden trump votes).  

seems to me that 2 is more likely.  i just did the thatsbait.gif because he and i have discussed polls in opposite directions multiple times, and that was going to get me discussing it again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, locodos said:

Just the fact that truck isn't rusted out makes him a wizard.  If you listen carefully you can hear International trucks rust.  RIP my old 392 Travelall

Plus, the man drives in rock salt world during the winter.

It took about one winter to destroy my Datsun B210 back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Plus, the man drives in rock salt world during the winter.

It took about one winter to destroy my Datsun B210 back in the day.

Well, did you consider that maybe he sprung for the Trucoat?

fargo178.jpeg?ssl=1

Tim surely knows that if you don't get that Trucoat, you get oxidation problems.  But I also bet Tim talked em into throwing in the Trucoat for $100, not the $500 that Lundgard bastard was demanding.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I got a text that in-person voting starting in VA today. I checked, that's true - today is 45 days from election. that's nuts

I can confirm it did. I'm voting Monday

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Travis County Democratic Party is selling merch and yard signs at 601 East 53rd Street. I think @safe sex mentioned a few weeks ago she spotted the location. Also, for those of you who are Swifties or have some in your families, they're having Swifties for Harris get-together next Thursday after work.

They've (I assume it's the party itself) had stalls at the Uncommon Objects Flea Market that's on the last Sunday of the month in the past. I would hope they'll have one on the 29th.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, locodos said:

Just the fact that truck isn't rusted out makes him a wizard.  If you listen carefully you can hear International trucks rust.  RIP my old 392 Travelall

I had a 76 Scout, in 1981.   A rusted out clunker.   Super props to Walz

16 minutes ago, Bevo in VA said:

Of course.  What do you expect when they pay them and bus them in!

Love that Byron York from the Washington Examiner, a shitty ass GOP rag not fit to line an animal’s cage, had to come out and be like “they’re not paid. They’re not bussed. This is real”

12 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

That merch and yard signs hyperlink seems suspect

It's a really ugly URL, I agree, but it's the direct link provided by the TCDP's official Facebook Group page. The webpage itself looks extraordinarily unprofessional but is safe.

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

It's a really ugly URL, I agree, but it's the direct link provided by the TCDP's official Facebook Group page. The webpage itself looks extraordinarily unprofessional but is safe.

Yeah it's probably being routed through some platform that takes a cut. Thanks for the info

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yes. TCDP is extraordinarily unprofessional but a danger to no one, especially statewide Republicans. 

Just you wait. DA Garza will activate Antifa any day now and all the reps from Longview will be screwed

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I don't care if vapers vote for Trump. Fuck 'em all.

They are the Crossfitters of the smoking world  or the MAGA of the smoking world.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Trump can't do it because it pisses of old Republicans.

They’re gonna be pissed when he loses, so he might as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, HenryJames said:
7 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

From the link, Green’s wife’s courtesy PSA to save future innocent congressman from being led astray by some jezebel:

Not the Onion.

She’s in her mid-to-late 50S and just got dumped by her hubby of 35 years for a younger woman?

20220312-candlelight-ball-group-photos-1

Season 4 Flirting GIF by Friends

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/walz-debate-prep-underway-pete-buttigieg-vance-stand/story?id=113872808

Walz debate prep underway with Pete Buttigieg as Vance stand-in

He'll face off with Sen. JD Vance on Oct. 1 in New York City.

On the topic of debates, I posted videos of both VP candidates in debate mode

Vance:

Spoiler

Walz:

Spoiler

I think Buttigieg is one of the best if not THE best stand-in for Vance.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

26 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yes. TCDP is extraordinarily unprofessional but a danger to no one, especially statewide Republicans. 

Fucking.  Seriously.

Want to know how fantastic and professional this outfit is?  Scroll the bottom.  Where there's a box telling you "BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE AUSTIN FOR HILLARY TEAM."  FFS, people.

I know eleventy million Dems in this town.  Surely there's fucking ONE that they could call and say "hey, could you design a website that looks like it was made after 2003, and, you know, maybe get all the language and shit correct?"

But, then, I've met the last couple of chairs of the TCDP.  To say that I do not think well of the past one is....an understatement.  To say that the current one has not impressed is....an understatement.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I had never heard of the skank or this Lizzard dude until 15 minutes ago.  You people are fucking weird.

Tell me this is the first time you've paid close attention to a US election without telling me.

Calling my shot = she gets 325. All the swing states + Iowa.

The trends are clear and the GOP is self destructing. The Walz effect puts her over the top in Iowa.

I want to think FL could flip but Trump just seems like the perfect FloridaMan 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, texastough said:

Calling my shot = she gets 325. All the swing states + Iowa.

The trends are clear and the GOP is self destructing. The Walz effect puts her over the top in Iowa.

I want to think FL could flip but Trump just seems like the perfect FloridaMan 

Selzer still has Trump ahead but crazier things have happened

7 hours ago, Derka said:

id love to see an ad featuring trump working on a pickup truck and explaining what he’s doing. 😂 man i hope the working class trumptards wake up and see who is really for them.

JD's version: "Here's an engine you find in a human's vehicle. It runs on oil with gasoline. It needs attention at times, so do whatever makes sense. Okay, I enjoyed this human communication."

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Even if Dems flip the house, Trump still wins a EC tie unfortunately….

IMG_7529.thumb.jpeg.cddd2010a80c430fd3930fc32cf5c225.jpeg

We sure the House delegations from 26 states would go Trump's way?

I haven't done the math. What happens in states like Maine?

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

We sure the House delegations from 26 states would go Trump's way?

I haven't done the math. What happens in states like Maine?

Maine’s delegation is 2-0 D currently. It’s more what happens if a delegation is tied 7-7. So they just abstain?

It’s not going to the House. Everyone had these same fantasies in 16/20 too. It didn’t happen. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Remember - Biden is still in office and has immunity. There’s nothing stopping him or the democrats from just as much fuckery in response to anything the Republicans / Trump pull. Prior to him stepping down, I wouldn’t think the Democrats had the back bone to actually fight. Now, maybe they do.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Gritty is ready to take on any shenanigans. 

I wish he was going to troll some idiot at a landscaping company, next to a dildo shop, but alas that wouldn't be true.  NHL training camps opened today.  

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I wish he was going to troll some idiot at a landscaping company, next to a dildo shop, but alas that wouldn't be true.  NHL training camps opened today.  

Seriously?  Stanley Cup just finished 3 weeks ago. 

The Harris Walz yard signs have started multiplying in northern Allegheny county in the last week and I am fully chuffed over what I saw today. I don’t care if I’m being overly optimistic or not. PA is telling this mother fucker to fuck the whole way off. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

More people voted by mail than in person in 2020 in VA. But I do like the enthusiasm! 

I'd be more interested in a comparison to say 1 in person in 2016. I don't see how 2020 tells you anything at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1