2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just gonna parse this out for my homies who think this could go to the House (it will not, and thank God) - I did the math. 

The GOP will likely have a 26-23 edge in House delegations after the November elections - Dems would need to flip 2 seats in IA and 2 seats in WI to force those into a tied delegation and you'd have 3 delegations abstaining with Trump ahead 24-23.  They'd also need to keep their slim edge in CO, AZ, PA, MI and ensure MN stays 4-4. 

DC gets 3 EVs but does not get a vote if it goes to the House.  Womp.  Even though I have the House at likely 230 Dem, 204 GOP, all those beautiful blue seats in CA and NY don't help if it goes to the House in a 269-269 tie.  

I don't even want to know the politicking to get Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota to pick a candidate if they are all tied delegations and keeping anyone under 26 votes.  You'd be asking Wisconsin and Minnesota to vote against their popular vote and same with Iowa.   

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If he's interested at all in the possibility of winning, he needs to accept that and hope for a Hail Mary. 

I still think he wants to lose just so he can keep playing the victim and keep asking for more money.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I still think he wants to lose just so he can keep playing the victim and keep asking for more money.

Im Not No Way GIF

His whole life is whining and asking for money regardless of his station at the time.  If he loses he could face the dildo of consequences

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Just gonna parse this out for my homies who think this could go to the House (it will not, and thank God) - I did the math. 

The GOP will likely have a 26-23 edge in House delegations after the November elections - Dems would need to flip 2 seats in IA and 2 seats in WI to force those into a tied delegation and you'd have 3 delegations abstaining with Trump ahead 24-23.  They'd also need to keep their slim edge in CO, AZ, PA, MI and ensure MN stays 4-4. 

DC gets 3 EVs but does not get a vote if it goes to the House.  Womp.  Even though I have the House at likely 230 Dem, 204 GOP, all those beautiful blue seats in CA and NY don't help if it goes to the House in a 269-269 tie.  

I don't even want to know the politicking to get Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota to pick a candidate if they are all tied delegations and keeping anyone under 26 votes.  You'd be asking Wisconsin and Minnesota to vote against their popular vote and same with Iowa.   

Dems don't have an edge in AZ if you're talking about house delegations

Edited by chainsaw

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't even understand why her alleged lack of a platform is a thing.  She has spoken in more detail than Trump ever has about her plans.  He just says dumb shit like "I will slash your insurance premium bump in half!".

I watched Stop the Steal this week and it's simply amazing to me that the "just keep saying it in an attempt to will it into existence" strategy is still as effective as it is.  It is a sad indictment on a large portion of our countrymen and women.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I try not to judge anyone for what they do in their bedrooms and who they're attracted to, but you're 31 and look like that, and that's the dick you risk your career over??

The dude she was engaged to is 50 years old. She’s got some daddy issues.

3 hours ago, G650 said:

We have two bears down the street that are the most MAGA people you will ever see, mostly because they are 100% insane. One was a nurse at my sons pediatric, and he is legit nutbar.

Wouldn't one be a bear and the other a cub?  I guess they're still bears, but what do I know?

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Wouldn't one be a bear and the other a cub?  I guess they're still bears, but what do I know?

I'm not fully hip to the terminology. Maybe @safe sex can help us out.

These guys also have a Penn St flag currently flying. They rotate Trump, Pedo St, Steelers, Key West, and Israel mostly. One of them likes to do yard work in baseball catcher's knee pads and a speedo, which is always fairly amusing.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Slacks said:

I assume it's the T word. I did not know that was a slur.

i had a friend in HS who was known for being a thrill seeker and driving recklessly. one day he got dropped off at my house by someone else and we were like, “where’s your truck?”, and he said, “man i just can’t stop blowing trannies.” our 17 year old asses just died laughing. didn’t let him live that one down for awhile.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

He doesn’t want a debate because he wants to keep making up even bigger lies without being fact-checked.

Putting the ridiculousness of the lie aside.... What percentage of their campaign is now "Your life would be so much better if it weren't for those brown people"? 95%?

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

He doesn’t want a debate because he wants to keep making up even bigger lies without being fact-checked.

This is just comical.  He’ll say anything.  Every single job in the last 2 years has gone to illegals.  That’s just remarkable that he can say that with a straight face.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

This is just comical.  He’ll say anything.  Every single job in the last 2 years has gone to illegals.  That’s just remarkable that he can say that with a straight face.

What's remarkable is that 70 million+ people believe it.

We are so.  Fucking.  Stupid.  We're the world's leading producer of oil?  Fuck that, we are the world's leading producer of fucking abject idiocy, and there's not even a close second.  There could be a country called Dumbfuckistan, where children are fed nothing but lead paint chips until they're 10, and their average IQ would still be 10 points higher than that of MAGAstan.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

Haha. I just watched The West Wing episode where they put people in chicken costumes because they wouldn’t debate Santos.

And October 23 this year is a day closer to Election Day than October 22 was in 2020. They need to frame it that way. 

"The last debate in 2020 was 12 days before Election Day. October 23 this year is 13 days before Election Day. He's scared."

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Turnip declines the 2nd debate on CNN lol

The official campaign needs to call him a coward. Say he is too scared, too soft, and in an interview have Kamala let it slip nonchalantly that he is too chicken shit to debate again. Hammer him every Sunday during every nfl game break that dotard is a coward. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/19/2024 at 10:56 AM, SydneyCarton said:

I can still fap to that. 

Not in any way to downplay the signifigance of gaining another 100k voters in AZ, so I'm glad they're going to go this route to court Mormons. THat being said, the bolded above...Those elders sound like grifting motherfuckers who might like the cut of Trump's jib.

That being said, I've also heard that mormon's make the best neighbors, etc. so maybe they do prioritize harmony over division. Unless you're black. 

My Mormon neighbors have a Harris/Walz sign up. The wife is the one who added me to the Mothers Against Greg Abbott FB group a few years back.

On 9/19/2024 at 7:56 PM, Brisketexan said:

Here’s how you know how shitty, unprincipled, and evil the GQP is: if Robinson was up 10 in the polls, they’d have buried this. All of it.
The only thing the GQP has a problem with is losing. Literally everythign else is ok. He could rape a goat after sodomizing a baby, then selling the nuclear codes to Putin, and that wouldn’t move the needle.

On 9/19/2024 at 8:10 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's legit.

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that MIGHT be unacceptable to these people is a Black Mirror-style scenario where some high-ranking GOP male has sex with a pig on television. Then again, there's a high probability that the base will be like, "Fuck that pig." And mean it both ways.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, achooloco said:

The official campaign needs to call him a coward. Say he is too scared, too soft, and in an interview have Kamala let it slip nonchalantly that he is too chicken shit to debate again. Hammer him every Sunday during every nfl game break that dotard is a coward. 

Give her the empty podium

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

All cubs are bears, but not all bears are cubs. A cub, obviously, is a younger, probably smaller bear. For this couple, they still identify as bears, but one could be a cub, I don’t know their ages or what they look like. 

Clear it up?

11 minutes ago, austingirl said:

My Mormon neighbors have a Harris/Walz sign up. The wife is the one who added me to the Mothers Against Greg Abbott FB group a few years back.

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that MIGHT be unacceptable to these people is a Black Mirror-style scenario where some high-ranking GOP male has sex with a pig on television. Then again, there's a high probability that the base will be like, "Fuck that pig." And mean it both ways.

“He supports our farmers and ranchers”

• Haha 3