2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It works 

IMG_2866.jpeg.1b5394a8c625fb73f979b78377bdfcf3.jpeg

Or convert it to a townhall and let her go unscripted with voters 

The empty podium thing seems really disingenuous for a candidate that quickly declined the invitation.  I’m unsure about the equal time refs if they give her a town hall, since they air a good deal of all of his ramblings. 

If we can get this thread back to the 2024 Presidential election versus "why our system of government has been bad for the last 250 years" that would be great.  I am starting to think it is going to be closer than people think in spite of many people that vote for Trump actually hate him.  Below is a "copy and paste" running around my neighborhood Facebook page (probably written by some KGB agent in Russia).  I have seen comments from people I know that aren't all white, rich people but people of all ethnicities that see that kind of propaganda and believe it.   I am pretty sure a big chunk of that 45% that are going to vote for Trump are doing so because they are brainwashed by right wing media (Fox News), their local/state/Federal politicians on the right that keep telling them the Dems want a communist country and are going to take all your money away and give it to illegal trans immigrants raping and pillaging the country.  Yeah, I know that its bullshit, but I think there are more people in this country that believe this shit and will vote for a known traitor because they think the alternative is even worse than many realize. Are some racists?  Sure.  Are some greedy for lower taxes? Sure, but there are many that are being fed this propaganda into their heads and believe it.  

"While I rarely make any political posts on social media, this needs to be heard! A vote for Harris is a vote to give up the sovereignty of our great nation to a bunch of globalist who hate us and our Constitution. They (the UN and WHO) will have unprecedented power over America. If they can control your freedoms during a “crisis”, they’ll just keep making new “crises.” If you’re only voting that side because of social issues or because you hate Trump, well you might not have any choice in anything in the end if this happens. Open your eyes and WAKE UP! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 *watch the press conference clip on X to learn!"

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

If we can get this thread back to the 2024 Presidential election versus "why our system of government has been bad for the last 250 years" that would be great.  I am starting to think it is going to be closer than people think in spite of many people that vote for Trump actually hate him.  Below is a "copy and paste" running around my neighborhood Facebook page (probably written by some KGB agent in Russia).  I have seen comments from people I know that aren't all white, rich people but people of all ethnicities that see that kind of propaganda and believe it.   I am pretty sure a big chunk of that 45% that are going to vote for Trump are doing so because they are brainwashed by right wing media (Fox News), their local/state/Federal politicians on the right that keep telling them the Dems want a communist country and are going to take all your money away and give it to illegal trans immigrants raping and pillaging the country.  Yeah, I know that its bullshit, but I think there are more people in this country that believe this shit and will vote for a known traitor because they think the alternative is even worse than many realize. Are some racists?  Sure.  Are some greedy for lower taxes? Sure, but there are many that are being fed this propaganda into their heads and believe it.  

"While I rarely make any political posts on social media, this needs to be heard! A vote for Harris is a vote to give up the sovereignty of our great nation to a bunch of globalist who hate us and our Constitution. They (the UN and WHO) will have unprecedented power over America. If they can control your freedoms during a “crisis”, they’ll just keep making new “crises.” If you’re only voting that side because of social issues or because you hate Trump, well you might not have any choice in anything in the end if this happens. Open your eyes and WAKE UP! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 *watch the press conference clip on X to learn!"

That is incredible on several levels. But for the simplistic shit, I appreciate the singular “globalist” and also assuming that the intended audience knows what the WHO is. 

The good news is people have largely moved on from Facebook. You're probably right that it was made in Russia or by a useful idiot being manipulated with Russian money. I hope that neighborhood page comment section is also populated with bots, but if these are people you actually know then you might just be in a neighborhood that skews heavily R.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

That is incredible on several levels. But for the simplistic shit, I appreciate the singular “globalist” and also assuming that the intended audience knows what the WHO is. 

I read globalist as an antisemitic slur, but I am pretty sure many people that agree with what I posted have no clue.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

And Trump is literally telling us he wants this to be the last election

And tried to use civil unrest as an excuse to seize power the last time he was in office 

morons

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The empty podium thing seems really disingenuous for a candidate that quickly declined the invitation.  I’m unsure about the equal time refs if they give her a town hall, since they air a good deal of all of his ramblings. 

Don’t think that applies to cable. Only broadcast channels if ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, or Fox (not news) was doing it

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

The good news is people have largely moved on from Facebook. You're probably right that it was made in Russia or by a useful idiot being manipulated with Russian money. I hope that neighborhood page comment section is also populated with bots, but if these are people you actually know then you might just be in a neighborhood that skews heavily R.

It definitely skews big time Republican, but the bigger thing is shit like these kinds of narratives work and that is how a known piece of shit like Trump will still get so many votes.  I think Hitler and Jesus could come back to life and run for President in this country and 45% would vote for Hitler if there was an R next to his name.  It would take 6 months of Fox News telling people Jesus wants to take your money and give it to the poor and while Hitler is a terrible person he does want what's best for his country and people would line up and pull the lever for Senor Hitler.  Aggies would vote for Hitler and rub one out in their jizz jar they would be so happy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

My worry about NC is the unknown amount of voters that will vote a split ticket of Trump/D governor. Doesn't make any sense why one would vote that way but I'm sure there's some backwards Twilight Zone justification they've come up with. 

And ironically (sadly) those are the same types of voters in TX that give Allred a chance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Exposition said:

My worry about NC is the unknown amount of voters that will vote a split ticket of Trump/D governor. Doesn't make any sense why one would vote that way but I'm sure there's some backwards Twilight Zone justification they've come up with.

I mean, Roy Cooper won 2 elections as NCGOV in years Trump won the state. No one should be that surprised if NC did that

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Huh?
I sure think making a political brand your entire identity is lame, even insane. I’ve never flown a flag of any candidate, ever, for example. And certainly not when I go to the beach or a tailgate. Never wrapped my truck in candidate symbols and photos. But I’ve had a t shirt, bumper stickers, and signs before. You know…normal stuff. Not weird.

I guess I misrembered. I'm all for it, just thought I remembered it was a random line you had drawn for some reason. Apologies.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I mean, Roy Cooper won 2 elections as NCGOV in years Trump won the state. No one should be that surprised if NC did that

Some people love me so much, they're voting only for me and skipping everything else. We're seeing it at levels never seen before. That, I can tell you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, wood said:

They should go ahead and hold the debate whether he shows up or not. Have Kamala standing up there answering questions, and then when Trump's turn comes up, cut to a recent clip of Trump saying the exact opposite of the lie that he is saying now.

fify

46 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

IMG_3400.webp.30ddeaf7c8f9a088dedac2dbb4428b35.webp

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I responded to someone else's rightful complaint about the idiotic tiebreaker system these "head and shoulders" intellectual giants created.

See for yourself:

Reveal hidden contents

Some people predictably couldn't accept the hard truth I was bringing and thought this thread was a good place to have a broader debate about the supposed intelligence of the founding fathers.

It might make a fine thread, but I prefer to limit the discussion here to the idiocy of the Electoral College and the work Kamala Harris and Tim Walz have been doing in the battleground states to overcome it to save us from fascism.

image.gif.c126c600082c6a2ce7846edd2829f610.gif

Hard truth lol. 

50 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I hope you and others responded with “seriously, are you retarded?”

24 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

I guess I misrembered. I'm all for it, just thought I remembered it was a random line you had drawn for some reason. Apologies.

Don't get me wrong....I have an image of Jasmine Crockett wearing a minidress tattooed on my upper arm, but that's for personal reasons.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Chances are getting higher that he will resign from the election, or perhaps out of spite he does not resign in order to burn the NC GOP.

On the idea that he will resign, the replacement candidate will get Robinson’s votes but that candidate will be in the unique position to convince people to vote for Robinson on the ballot. Could the NC GOP find a credible candidate that would and could do that?

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Chances are getting higher that he will resign from the election, or perhaps out of spite he does not resign in order to burn the NC GOP.

On the idea that he will resign, the replacement candidate will get Robinson’s votes but that candidate will be in the unique position to convince people to vote for Robinson on the ballot. Could the NC GOP find a credible candidate that would and could do that?

I’ve seen someone mention Pat McCrory, who lost to Roy Cooper in 2016

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Eggs are the worst example, too, because the truth turned out to be greedflation and price fixing

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231201112056/en/Cal-Maine-Foods-Inc.-Issues-Statement-on-Jury-Decision

The avian flu thing was always bullshit

My favorite excuse in the inflation thread was that prices tripled because of "Christmas Baking Season", as if it was the first year in history people baked shit for the holidays.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

There hasn't been much discussion anywhere about how the bill Dotard has been pushing to get into law (under the fake allegations that people here illegally vote) would have immediately stopped about 30 percent of the women in this country from voting, because their married name may not be one their passport, or the name they registered to vote under. If that shit were to pass, even after the election, it will be a huge hassle for a huge number of women. 

• Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Chopper said:

There hasn't been much discussion anywhere about how the bill Dotard has been pushing to get into law (under the fake allegations that people here illegally vote) would have immediately stopped about 30 percent of the women in this country from voting, because their married name may not be one their passport, or the name they registered to vote under. If that shit were to pass, even after the election, it will be a huge hassle for a huge number of women. 

It will never pass as long as Dems have one chamber.  And Trump won’t give a shit about it after the election 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

It will never pass as long as Dems have one chamber.  And Trump won’t give a shit about it after the election 

Thankfully.

It's still newsworthy that a major political party is totally fine with casually disenfranchising so many women if it helps them spread racial fearmongering narratives.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

lol. Says the little bitch who started complaining about the founding fathers in this thread and now tucks his dick between his ass cheeks and says “this isn’t the appropriate thread.” 

Also, read your last sentence, you insane person. You literally attempt to say “this isn’t the thread for this discussion” which you started, and one sentence later you assert this thread is also about “anti democratic consequences of the shitty system left to us” by the founding fathers.

1) that last part is patently untrue, this thread was only about the 2024 election

2) you can’t even stay message for two sentences without lying or being delusional 

3) you started the thread derail in the first place 

4) if this isn’t the thread for it, why is your last sentence continuing to argue your, by your own assessment,  non-topical point in this thread?

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Who’s the fella that owns this shit hole 

IMG_3541.jpeg

This shithole?

Some Jesus looking motherfucker who's susceptible to heat stroke and shares an optometrist with David Koresh.

He's also aggy.

1 hour ago, Exposition said:

And ironically (sadly) those are the same types of voters in TX that give Allred a chance. 

I don’t trust, like, or ‘am comfortable’ with black people = split ticket