2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

That is incredible on several levels. But for the simplistic shit, I appreciate the singular “globalist” and also assuming that the intended audience knows what the WHO is. 

Joe Biden has been POTUS for over 3.5 years.  When exactly are the "globalists" taking over?

• Haha 4

https://www.axios.com/2024/09/21/harris-walz-campaign-conservative

Harris' conservative culture play

1726858788254.jpg?w=1366

From camo hats to libertarian rhetoric, the Kamala Harris campaign is staking its claim to symbols of conservative identity.

Why it matters: The appeals aim to convey that Democrats are not trying to undo a conservative way of life, and that red and blue Americas are not immutably divided by culture.

Driving the news: At this month's debate, Harris surprised many by saying that she is a gun owner, and in an interview with Oprah this week said, "If somebody breaks into my house, they're getting shot."

• Even as she advocates for gun control measures, she used the comments to signal not only that she didn't support confiscating guns, but that she has a personal stake in the Second Amendment.

I don't know if I agree that this is a "culture play" but it was an interesting read nonetheless

On 9/20/2024 at 1:08 PM, locodos said:

Just the fact that truck isn't rusted out makes him a wizard.  If you listen carefully you can hear International trucks rust.  RIP my old 392 Travelall

On 9/20/2024 at 3:44 PM, nbmishoid said:

I had a 76 Scout, in 1981.   A rusted out clunker.   Super props to Walz

My '62 Scout is rust-free.  Probably because it's been in CA since 1966 at the latest, and perhaps since new.  

I can trace the ownership to the 2nd owner. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

31 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

My '62 Scout is rust-free.  Probably because it's been in CA since 1966 at the latest, and perhaps since new.  

I can trace the ownership to the 2nd owner. 

How often are you in Crown Point? I've seen two different black and blue Scout's just bummin around and always feel like leaving a love letter on the window.

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

bafkreiduapc2m2kcw2hncshjubobz563kmohvhmejrs7eqtrlapbiozova@jpeg

Donald Trump, who won in 2016 and came close in 2020 thanks to late decider voters. And most republicans vote on Election Day, so what’s the big deal?

He can’t afford to shit himself on stage or get embarrassed again and depress turnout of his base 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

How often are you in Crown Point? I've seen two different black and blue Scout's just bummin around and always feel like leaving a love letter on the window.

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

never

Still leave the letter

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

That is incredible on several levels. But for the simplistic shit, I appreciate the singular “globalist” and also assuming that the intended audience knows what the WHO is. 

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hard truth lol. 

You should have responded with “so where do you all buy your raw milk at?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Thankfully.

It's still newsworthy that a major political party is totally fine with casually disenfranchising so many women if it helps them spread racial fearmongering narratives.

Yeah, it barely made the news. That's really distressing. New Hampshire just passed it (it takes effect after this election), and I doubt most of the state's aware 30% of NH women are about to be disenfranchised. There's unreliable Dems on the Senate side right now like Sinema, Manchin and Fetterman, and who know where we'll be after this election. And then there's the unpredictability of a fully politicized and untethered Supreme Court. It's something that needs much greater awareness. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We got a bunch of high quality PA polls that were good for Kamala. One thing we are missing - high quality polls of AZ. It’s been Emerson, Trafalgar and some lesser known polls in September. Nothing high quality post debate. 

but we are about 30 days from the last AZ polls by Fox/CNN so maybe we get 2 this week. Would like to see Siena get back in there too

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve been sitting on a hot take for a while about how overrated Euler was; how we have way more advanced math these days; how he would just be average these days at some middling directional school; and how asinine it was to name a Houston-based professional football team after an overrated math nerd. Is this the right thread or should I go to the ugly shoe thread?

Also, calling my shot, Trump loses GA. We’ve rejected his movement every time since 2016 and like elsewhere, flag enthusiasm is WAY down.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, chainsaw said:

This was a point I wanted to make before, but I'd forgotten about, supporting the idea that the founding fathers were the intellectual equivalent of today's mediocre white male demographic among which Trump overperforms.

The point is that these guys were basically spending way too much time on the forums and podcasts of their time. Guys who loved the sound of their own voices and spent way too much time convincing themselves that their own (sometimes good, sometimes bad) ideas were deserving of becoming the law.

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

It gets way better 

Shame these scandals don’t lead to this derailing his campaign, or sending it off a cliff err broken bridge, and also why Trump won’t debate - somebody will ask him about Robinson.

GYGLURfb0AE4Pnj?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

bafkreiduapc2m2kcw2hncshjubobz563kmohvhmejrs7eqtrlapbiozova@jpeg

Debate dates in 2016:

* Sept 26th
* October 9th
* October 19th

Debate dates in 2020:

* Sept 29
* October 22

In North Carolina where Trump was speaking, ballots are being mailed out to military and overseas folks, but in-person early voting starts Oct 17, which is one OU and almost a Georgia from now.

Edited by Texas Jeff

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Oh there’s Siena. And they suck

Arizona Trump +5

Georgia Trump +4

NC Trump +2

those stink

We’ll see. The same polls have Gallego and Stein up 6 and 10, respectively. That could be right, but overperforming the top of the ticket by 11-12 points would be a lot. 
Throw it on the pile.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

We’ll see. The same polls have Gallego and Stein up 6 and 10, respectively. That could be right, but overperforming the top of the ticket by 11-12 points would be a lot. 
Throw it on the pile.

Looks like NYT keeps over sampling non college white voters / rural voters. Like you said, pile 

3 hours ago, Constant said:

Considering he doesn’t exercise at all, that’s an insane amount of food.

The last time I might have even attempted to put down all that garbage would have been in high school.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

To pussy for spicy nuggets. 

Their spicy nuggets are great.  I think they put them on the menu for a total of two weeks over here.

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I find it hard to believe that out of those 7 states, six are +1 and one is +2.  It’s like they aren’t even polling people and just putting down some close numbers in the margin of error so they can claim to be right either way.

I legitimately don't understand how polling is at all scientific or representative of what is happening. Nobody is answering fucking polls.

• Hook 'Em 3