2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

7 minutes ago, YChang said:

Friend attended Doug’s event in SA. Described a diverse crowd, lots of engagement and energy. One Trumper was quickly removed. Lots of volunteers registering people to vote as well. 

IMG_5896.mov

IMG_5895.jpeg

Well, that's cool and all, but how much money did he make for speaking? I'm not talking donations; how much did he add to his personal income? 

The former first lady spoke at two political fundraisers for the Log Cabin Republicans this year, and she was paid $237,500 for an April event, according to former President Donald Trump’s latest financial disclosure form. The payment was listed as a “speaking engagement.”

CNN

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is definitely a winning message Donald, please keep it up

"These people should be put in jail for how they talk about our judges and our justice system".  Zero irony. Zero self awareness.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 6
  • Drool 1

The knive set is a freaking jelly of the month club knockoff...

The Trump Commemorative Knife Collection is designed as a 9-month collection program. You will receive one knife each month for the first 8 months, allowing you to build your collection over time. The LED illuminated wooden display case will be sent on the 3rd month.

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

The knive set is a freaking jelly of the month club knockoff...

The Trump Commemorative Knife Collection is designed as a 9-month collection program. You will receive one knife each month for the first 8 months, allowing you to build your collection over time. The LED illuminated wooden display case will be sent on the 3rd month.

And as soon as he loses the election, the knives stop showing up.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, they're STILL pushing Ivermectin?

4 hours ago, Texaus said:

Holy shit the ivermectin emergency care kit. I really need to figure out some way to capitalize on these idiots like that.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret simply grifting MAGA for a living.

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

we just can't go with more solar panels and wind farms.

The funny thing is I assume you're saying this from TX, which leads the nation in new renewable development by a wide margin and where the grid was effectively stabilized this year due to the expansion of wind/solar/battery infrastructure.

7 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I had dinner over the weekend with my previously referenced "source close to the campaign," and a few nuggets are worth sharing here:

Arizona: They're very confident about Arizona.  I mean, they're so confident about Arizona that I was somewhat shocked.  I mean, I feel good about Arizona.  But what I heard was "we're going to win Arizona by 1-2 points."

Georgia: They're maybe a little less confident about Georgia.  But that was couched in terms of "we really like where we stand right now."  

Michigan: We're fine.

Nevada: They're unequivocal on Nevada: "we're going to win Nevada by 2-2.5 points."

North Carolina: This one is really harder to tell, because they don't have any information from after the whole Mark Robinson flame-out.  It's pretty clear to them that the likes of Kari Lake and Mark Robinson are a bit of a drag on Trump.  And they're really trying to target people who have decided they're not going to vote for Lake/Robinson but who are still planning to vote for Trump.  Who are those people?  I don't exactly know, but it's obviously a focus of the Harris campaign's data people.

Texas: I think the term "extreme skepticism" is the only way to describe their feelings with respect to Texas.  My friend conceded that there are some numbers that look good-ish for Allred.  But damn--we've all been through this drill before.  There's just an extreme unwillingness to divert resources at any level to Texas, no matter what any poll is currently saying.

Pennsylvania: I take this one out of alphabetical order because that's where the game is.  My friend gamely tried to obfuscate on the point, but quickly conceded that Pennsylvania is the tipping-point state.  And they're feeling ok about Pennsylvania, but they have a big problem with Black men.  How big a problem I can't exactly say.  But it's causing some serious concern.  

I asked about whence the problem derives, and he said two things: 1) Kamala's perceived record as a prosecutor (and alleged prosecutions of small-time marijuana offenses) and 2) misogyny (and particularly as against a Black woman).  On the upside, the campaign has identified the issue and is doing a whole lot to address it.  That State Commonwealth is being absolutely blanketed with campaign surrogates talking directly to that community to shore up those numbers.

And I'm going to observe here--and this was my observation, and not my friend's (though it was an observation with which he agreed)--that this is where the Harris campaign's superiority in resources shows.  They have something like twice as many field offices as the Trump campaign and RNC have.  We spent a good deal of time just laughing at how Lara Trump is siphoning off money from the RNC and killing their organizing and down-ballot support.  So the Trump campaign isn't really able to go out and play offense and try to exploit the problems Harris is having with that (or any other) demographic.  So from that standpoint, it's kind of the opposite of 2016.

Great intel. Thanks for sharing. One thing I'd add is that if your friend's confidence in MI (and WI by implication I assume), AZ, NV, and GA are correct, PA's actually not the tipping point. The election is already over if she turns out correct. Though I have a hard time imagining Harris underperforming among black men to the extent it costs her PA, while still winning GA.

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Dear Kamala, 

Please put this man in a very powerful position when you take office, thanks. 

That's very illuminating.  Thank you.

I can't help but wonder how these folks would respond to that soliloquy.

.  image.png.707ee150a4ec0b30bc03dce02e3af777.png

11 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

This seems like the absolutely best case scenario if if Trump gets 90% vote share of the undecideds.  A good reminder that even given the trainwreck of his campaign, he can win.  We all need to vote early 

and often.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, they're STILL pushing Ivermectin?

Must be nice not having relatives who live in Montgomery County.

When one of my kids got it recently, one of my aunts literally said "give him Ivermectin, you know it kills parasites" and I'm like "do you even know what COVID is and does my kid look like RFK Jr?"

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I choose to believe what Debbie Mucarsel-Powell said just now on the msnbc. I’m going to think positively.

Real Housewives Television GIF

Kamala better be in the Big Bend area and on the ground the second the wind stops - handing out water and hugging people.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

40 out of 40?  Of course it's a lie.  Sure your mileage may vary from survey to survey.  And US News has its issues.  But they has us at #12 out of 89.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/rankings/well-developed-public-education-system

Can we improve a lot?  Absolutely.  But coloring the US as dead last in some manner just represents the millionth time DOTARD has used hyperbole as a solid fact.

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

To be fair, RFK actually has worms. 

Eating raw meat, drinking raw milk, gee, I wonder why our ancestors gave that shit up as soon as they could?

Also, glad tos ee that Donnie got John Deere trending on twitter, and I sent it around to a few relatives about how he wants to cripple John Deere.

Once again, a real estate developer and reality TV host doesn't understand how business works, and he doesn't understand his audience.  I wish him luck and hope he spends more time hounding John Deere than going after Harris.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Must be nice not having relatives who live in Montgomery County.

When one of my kids got it recently, one of my aunts literally said "give him Ivermectin, you know it kills parasites" and I'm like "do you even know what COVID is and does my kid look like RFK Jr?"

It’s also got what plants crave.

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

What does your friend think about the other states? 

Overall was less optimistic, but that's is personality too. Only wanted to think about blue wall. Feels good about MI, WI, NE-2.

He literally said "fucking PA."

8 hours ago, Macanudo said:

It gets better....   The Knife of the Month club is owned by Gunner Gear which lists this as it's address:

2608 Tradewinds Trl
Orlando, FL 32805

thumbnail?panoid=-Dbn4q6Jmnv04oOCtGW0vw&cb_client=search.gws-prod.gps&w=408&h=240&yaw=137.89644&pitch=0&thumbfov=100

20% of all streets in Florida are named some variation of tradewinds.