2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Another anti-business aspect of Trump is his unpredictability. I guarantee business leaders, even those who have vocally supported Trump, hate that they have zero idea what random Trump tweet can hurt their business. And once Trump has made a proclamation he cannot walk back a mistake no matter even if he privately realizes he was wrong.

6 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

Just ask the C-suite at John Deere.

Nah, the c suite people all support him because they know he won’t do a god damned thing to hurt their profit margins and will shut down workers who ask for decent wages. It’s all organized, the Republican Party says shit to gullible idiots and gets their vote knowing they’ll never be held accountable for continuing the economic status quo. John Deere might be a little upset that their name was mentioned but they know there ain’t gonna be no fucking tariffs, lol. Trump is just a useful idiot to get votes but even he knows that outsourcing to Mexico increases profits and that’s all his corporate backers care about. The cult buys it because they are fucking morons and they care more about the license to be racist sexist shitheels in public.

Edited by 'stache

2 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

This John Deere thing is also Trump picking and choosing winners / losers. Almost all of the manufacturering for them and others is done out of country. CAT has maybe one or two foundries here. If Trump blanket raises tariffs - all machine costs will go up. None of them are American made. They are American assembled.

A couple of things: 

1. John Deere is an easy target because a couple months ago they publicly caved on their DEI policy amidst conservative pressure.  They demonstrated that they are cowards and Trump knows they won't say jack shit.  

2. Trump is essentially saying he is dissolving USMCA, the NAFTA replacement that was negotiated under his administrations.  It's basically NAFTA with a Trump logo. He can't put tariffs on Mexican products because of the law he spearheaded and signed.     

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

WAPO is still running the “Harris’ policies aren’t detailed enough”

I hear more policy detail in her 30 min interview with Ruhle than Trump has uttered in 8 years. Not to mention she both explained her policies and explained how his won’t work 

"Child care is child care." 

(wild applause)

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

WAPO is still running the “Harris’ policies aren’t detailed enough”

I hear more policy detail in her 30 min interview with Ruhle than Trump has uttered in 8 years. Not to mention she both explained her policies and explained how his won’t work 

The round table on Abby’s show last night kept saying the same thing, granted 4/5 of them were radical republicans.

17 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Sounds like its time to send John Deere a “Dear John”

csi miami GIF

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Right. Today they’re not only having to think about a possible ridiculous tariff, they have to consider that Trump may try to paint them as anti-America even more so than actual foreign brands.

its Trump style. When he senses a possible weakness in someone and it can benefit him, he bullies them. Hence why he always refused to pay his suppliers and contractors who needed the payments. Then it’s time to renegotiate. And if you never need that vendor again, don’t even bother negotiating just never pay.

Oof. Sounds so much like COTA's Bobby Epstein. Investors, vendors, etc ... beware. If you enter into a contract with him, prepare thy anus. Be prepared for him to withhold payment or slow-pay, while simultaneously holding you strictly to every letter of the deal. Don't like it? He just says, 'OK. Sue me. I have lawyers in tall buildings who'll work it out with you in court'. He's fucked so many people, it amazes me that anyone still does any kind of business with the guy.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Between Walz and Gretchen, I think MI is getting locked up. I'm not saying to ignore MI but we need more attention on PA. And definitely keep spending time in Omaha. Crazy how that it could be the tipping point.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Between Walz and Gretchen, I think MI is getting locked up. I'm not saying to ignore MI but we need more attention on PA.

I don't think the campaign disagrees.  She was just there yesterday for her economic speech and she's also in AZ Friday and Nevada Sunday.  

Today is a busy day for her doing her VP stuff - some gun violence stuff with Biden today and meeting with Zelenskyy. 

Walz, as we know, is going to be at the Minny-Michigan football game and talking to students about registering to vote. I love putting him on college campuses.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don't think the campaign disagrees.  She was just there yesterday for her economic speech and she's also in AZ Friday and Nevada Sunday.  

Today is a busy day for her doing her VP stuff - some gun violence stuff with Biden today and meeting with Zelenskyy. 

Walz, as we know, is going to be at the Minny-Michigan football game and talking to students about registering to vote. I love putting him on college campuses.

Trump will be at the GA-Bama game. He won't spend time with GA students other than having a few come to his suite. Trump is not the type to walk a campus.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I have a MAGA co-worker who likes yo refer to Harris as Comrade Kamala which just seems to tickle him.  I asked him what his opinion was on Russian vs Ukraine and Putin and of course he thinks Putin/Russia are “not that bad”.  “So you’re ok with Comrade Putin right?”.   Broken brain silence….

Love, love, love your avatar. She's one of my all-time favorites. Mmm ...

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

With 39 days to go, WI and MI polling show that without some kind of course reversal, they will go to Harris without much chance of dispute.  That puts the map at 251-219 in favor of Harris with NV, AZ, GA, PA, and NC in play.  The sum of polls for them have all very slightly favored Harris.  Harris needs to avoid anything that can change the trajectory while busting ass to stretch PA to get the margin wide enough to prevent Trump from viably contesting the result.

Trump’s ceiling is 287 with another 26 being close enough to contest.

Harris’s ceiling is 318 with another 47 being close enough to contest.

My current prediction is Harris winning 302-236, with Trump, with no proof, crying foul and trying to overturn results in NC, PA, AZ, and WI, while actual fraud (in Trump’s favor) is found in OH and FL.

Hopefully GA goes to Harris as well even though it's like a stretch this year. Since GA is led by the GOP it creates chaos in some circles about how to blame the GA GOP when Trump loses.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

My current prediction is Harris winning 302-236

Do you have her losing NE-02 or losing NV/AZ and winning GA/NC? That's the only way I get her to 302. 

I have her at 303-235 - winning NV, AZ, NC, PA, MI, WI, NE-02.  Don't care about the AZ polls - she's not losing the two states with the 2 worst GOP swing state candidates in Lake and Robinson.  Georgia, I can see her barely losing because there is not a statewide race for Gov/Senate to drag down Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Not to be morbid, but is the Florida panhandle pretty red?  If they get fucked by this storm there will definitely still be an impact on turnout a month from now. 

Oh, this storm's for sure gonna fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

Harris needs to find a way to target ads to red/independent voters who have decent sized stock portfolios. Those voters can complain about egg or gas prices but they can't deny that they've never been wealthier due to the stock market. Harris shouldn't take credit for the stock market but rather tie it into the question are you better off now than from under Trump. This question would give some voters pause.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Harris needs to find a way to target ads to red/independent voters who have decent sized stock portfolios. Those voters can complain about egg or gas prices but they can't deny that they've never been wealthier due to the stock market. Harris shouldn't take credit for the stock market but rather tie it into the question are you better off now than from under Trump. This question would give some voters pause.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/09/26/wealthy-investors-support-harris.html

53 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There are some GOP politicians that I believe are incredibly smart but they play dumb in support of GOP platforms and in talking to their constituency. Then we have James Comer who is very unintelligent. 

I think maybe 80% of them are intelligent, educated, and simply evil enough to abide all the bullshit from the fringe, or even use it to their advantage, as long as it keeps them all in power.

Whatever soul or conscience the GOP had died with John McCain.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Not to be morbid, but is the Florida panhandle pretty red?  If they get fucked by this storm there will definitely still be an impact on turnout a month from now. 

I recommend the film “Vernon, Florida” if you have questions about the panhandle. The film doesn’t even cover the craziest part of the town’s history.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Woland said:

I recommend the film “Vernon, Florida” if you have questions about the panhandle. The film doesn’t even cover the craziest part of the town’s history.

I would also recommend if you just like great documentaries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

I have a MAGA co-worker who likes yo refer to Harris as Comrade Kamala which just seems to tickle him.  I asked him what his opinion was on Russian vs Ukraine and Putin and of course he thinks Putin/Russia are “not that bad”.  “So you’re ok with Comrade Putin right?”.   Broken brain silence….

Former KGB officer Putin with a lifetime of indoctrination in and practice of Marxist/Leninist ideology. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

With 39 days to go, WI and MI polling show that without some kind of course reversal, they will go to Harris without much chance of dispute.  That puts the map at 251-219 in favor of Harris with NV, AZ, GA, PA, and NC in play.  The sum of polls for them have all very slightly favored Harris.  Harris needs to avoid anything that can change the trajectory while busting ass to stretch PA to get the margin wide enough to prevent Trump from viably contesting the result.

Trump’s ceiling is 287 with another 26 being close enough to contest.

Harris’s ceiling is 318 with another 47 being close enough to contest.

My current prediction is Harris winning 302-236, with Trump, with no proof, crying foul and trying to overturn results in NC, PA, AZ, and WI, while actual fraud (in Trump’s favor) is found in OH and FL.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Do you have her losing NE-02 or losing NV/AZ and winning GA/NC? That's the only way I get her to 302. 

I have her at 303-235 - winning NV, AZ, NC, PA, MI, WI, NE-02.  Don't care about the AZ polls - she's not losing the two states with the 2 worst GOP swing state candidates in Lake and Robinson.  Georgia, I can see her barely losing because there is not a statewide race for Gov/Senate to drag down Trump. 

I'd love nothing more than to see 12 of the original 13 Colonies go toward Harris. Of course, it'd be fitting that the one she missed out on would be South Carolina. You know, the state that kicked off the Civil Fuckin' War.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, texasdago said:

Sitting in OK right now.  Was shocked to see that OK was one of two states where every single county went to Trump.  Even majority Native American counties.  WTF.  

Play Boomer Sooner?

• Haha 1

Well shit. My online betting site flipped from -125 Kamala to -110 for both candidates. However, for the EC they got rid of the dem option and only have the Republicans:

EC votes under 210: +500

EC votes 210-239: +275

EC votes 240-269: +250

EC votes 270-299: +275

EC votes 300-329 +400 

EC votes 330 or Higher: +1600

Most likely the site adjusted in order to entice more even betting for both sides but still, gonna give me pause. Also, haven't seen it here but fucking disgusting that trump and his traitors put Vicente Fernandez on coconuts for trump socials. Alejandro rightfully called that shit out: Vicente Fernandez "alluded to Trump at an April concert, saying he would 'spit in his face' if they ever met."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Well don't worry fellow patriot!  Gov DeSantis has on his shiny boots and will make absolutely certain that:

1. No Federal Aid reaches the panhandle efficiently or effectively.  Harris only cares about big city elites and illegals!
  2. Polling locations and voting will have extended hours and locations for effected residents.  Maybe take some supplies/funds/resources from S Florida to "help out"