2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

That Echelon Insights poll is interesting

Last poll in August: Trump +1, 49-48 in the H2H, Harris 47-45 in the full ballot
This poll in September: Harris +7, 52-45 H2H; Harris 49-44 in the full ballot

• Hook 'Em 6

Do you have her losing NE-02 or losing NV/AZ and winning GA/NC? That's the only way I get her to 302. 
I have her at 303-235 - winning NV, AZ, NC, PA, MI, WI, NE-02.  Don't care about the AZ polls - she's not losing the two states with the 2 worst GOP swing state candidates in Lake and Robinson.  Georgia, I can see her barely losing because there is not a statewide race for Gov/Senate to drag down Trump. 

I wish I had your optimism. This country is lousy with awful-moronic people.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, wood said:

Oh my. That's a good sign. 

"The polls are wrong!"

They're getting desperate.

"Everywhere I go, everybody is saying 'Coach, we need to get President Trump across the line'."

Well, yeah.  That might be a function of the places you're going, right Coach?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

The echelonInsight poll JS1 beat me to.

So this is my problem with polling. This poll is from Kristen Soltis Anderson, a highly respected GOP pollster (opinion columnist for NYT).

Her poll is internet based, -1 for this. And for an internet survey, the demographic breakdown is chefs-kiss perfect.

AMAZING that it got 70%, 12%, 11% White, Black, Hispanic and AMAZING that it got 200 people out of a 1000 who were between 18 - 34.

I would love to believe the results, but this looks cherry-picked.

• Hook 'Em 1

I swear to god, I truly think pollsters are herding. 

Emerson just dropped 7 swing states - every state is 50/50 except GA (51-49 Trump)

This is truly not realistic, I'm sorry. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

WAPO is still running the “Harris’ policies aren’t detailed enough”

I hear more policy detail in her 30 min interview with Ruhle than Trump has uttered in 8 years. Not to mention she both explained her policies and explained how his won’t work 

We're looking into it and we will be sharing the details very soon. I think you'll find what we plan to do very interesting and very smart. Some might even call it genius...ideas no one else has ever come up with before! But yes, we'll have that out very soon.

- Trump, always

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Re: Trump fucking over people in contracts/business deals, I'm watching Theo Von's new podcast with Cuban right now. He just finished talking about how Trump offered Barbara Corcoran $4M to sell some of his condos. She sold them all, and then he flat refused to pay her. She had to sue him to recover  what she was owed. That's classic Bobby Epstein shit. Apparently, though, that shit is far more common  than I ever thought. Fuckers like those assholes can eat a thousand dicks and die in a fire. Lots of talk about why he likes Kamala, why he doesn't like or trust Trump, etc, and some good stories as well.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, wood said:

Re: Trump fucking over people in contracts/business deals, I'm watching Theo Von's new podcast with Cuban right now. He just finished talking about how Trump offered Barbara Corcoran $4M to sell some of his condos. She sold them all, and then he flat refused to pay her. She had to sue him to recover some a bit of what she was owed. That's classic Bobby Epstein shit. Apparently, though, that shit is far more common  than I ever thought. Fuckers like those assholes can eat a thousand dicks and die in a fire. Lots of talk about why he likes Kamala, why he doesn't like/doesn't trust Trump, etc, and some good stories as well.

Yeah, when it comes to doing business with Donald Trump in any endeavor where he could even POSSIBLY end up owing you money....

vsTS8X4.gif?fit=851,315&ssl=1

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Um, Coach, your guy thinks that China pays the tariff on Chinese goods sold in the United States, and pretty much every economist is warning that he's going to tank everything because he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.  You might want to pick literally any other topic.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, wood said:

Re: Trump fucking over people in contracts/business deals, I'm watching Theo Von's new podcast with Cuban right now. He just finished talking about how Trump offered Barbara Corcoran $4M to sell some of his condos. She sold them all, and then he flat refused to pay her. She had to sue him to recover  what she was owed. That's classic Bobby Epstein shit. Apparently, though, that shit is far more common  than I ever thought. Fuckers like those assholes can eat a thousand dicks and die in a fire. Lots of talk about why he likes Kamala, why he doesn't like or trust Trump, etc, and some good stories as well.

I don't know if this was arranged by the Harris campaign - but it was genius move if so.  Cuban is an excellent surrogate for that audience.

• Hook 'Em 8

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Um, Coach, your guy thinks that China pays the tariff on Chinese goods sold in the United States, and pretty much every economist is warning that he's going to tank everything because he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.  You might want to pick literally any other topic.

Tommy doesn't understand it any better than Trump does.  That's the problem.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't know if this was arranged by the Harris campaign - but it was genius move if so.  Cuban is an excellent surrogate for that audience.

Should get him on Rogan.  As much as I can't stand JR these days, he's got a huge audience and Cuban has the credibility to talk to anyone about economic issues.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Should get him on Rogan.  As much as I can't stand JR these days, he's got a huge audience and Cuban has the credibility to talk to anyone about economic issues.

Agreed.  I get the feeling that the Democrats have some heartburn with going on Rogan directly, but having Cuban on it alleviates that. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I’d rather have Pete go on Rogan.  

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Yeah. This is a blowout they are trying desperately to make competitive. Trump is fucked. Kamala should still act like it's tied and really finish strong, but they are fucked. 

This polling bullshit does a disservice to the public as it portrays an extreme person and extreme views as the choice for 1/2 the electorate.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I swear to god, I truly think pollsters are herding. 

Emerson just dropped 7 swing states - every state is 50/50 except GA (51-49 Trump)

This is truly not realistic, I'm sorry. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Yeah. This is a blowout they are trying desperately to make competitive. Trump is fucked. Kamala should still act like it's tied and really finish strong, but they are fucked. 

Unfortunately if Harris outperforms the polls across the board that will be concrete evidence that the election was rigged.  “Hurr durr how is it that Harris was tied or within 2 pts of Trump in ALL the polls yet she won by 5-6 points?!  Explain that, libtard!”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Unfortunately if Harris outperforms the polls across the board that will be concrete evidence that the election was rigged.  “Hurr durr how is it that Harris was tied or within 2 pts of Trump in ALL the polls yet she won by 5-6 points?!  Explain that, libtard!”

Okay I got duped. Those Emerson polls were fake apparently 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Man, I'm really digging what Cuban is bringing. I've really become a big fan. Dude is out there kicking ass for Kamala.

I saw this live. My first thought was he is good. My second thought is he should run.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Doesn’t matter. Biden is in office, power transitions, trump dies and the national temperature drops. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I saw this live. My first thought was he is good. My second thought is he should run.

He nuked his chances at public office when he got in bed with one of the biggest MAGA assholes out there.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ross Sorkin weighs in:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnbc-anchor-says-business-titans-tell-him-they-are-scared-of-the-chaos-that-trump-will-create/

What do your Wall Street sources say?” Melber asked.

Sorkin replied that while his business contacts are “pleased” with some of what Trump has said, they have deep concerns. 

“They are scared of the chaos that Trump will create,” he said. “They’re scared of waking up in the morning and looking at X/formerly Twitter and seeing either their company or their name in it and what that means. And the sort of jerking around from side to side of where– I mean, just yesterday, Trump is out there saying he’s going to add a 200% tariffon John Deere, on Deere tractors. Think about that for a second. And by the way, how strategic is that? What about all the farmers in America that buy the tractors? That’s a massive tax on them. That’s what it is.”

• Hook 'Em 2

Latest bullshit smear attack on Walz:

Walz state education appointee called for the US to be 'overthrown' and 'deconstructed

Subheadline:

Brian Lozenski said in a video that the 'the United States, as constructed, is irreversibly racist. So, if the nation state, as constructed, is irreversibly racist...it must be overthrown'

what he actually said:

"We don’t use critical race theory in school," Lozenski said. "The first tenet of critical race theory is that the United States, as constructed, is irreversibly racist. So, if the nation state, as constructed, is irreversibly racist, then it must be done with. It must be overthrown.

"We can be like, ‘Oh no, critical race theory is just about telling our stories and diversity,’" he added. "It’s not about that. It’s about overgrowth. It is insurgent."

Lozenski also told the panel they need to be more honest with that idea because many people do not understand critical race theory.

"It’s an anti-state theory that says the United States needs to be deconstructed, period," Lozenski said.

Hey morons:

Explaining a theory is not advocating for its adoption.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/walz-state-education-appointee-called-us-overthrown-deconstructed

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 9/25/2024 at 10:34 AM, Chopper said:

I thought I'd have my exit strategy in place by now, if needed, but it's been delayed by unforeseen circumstances. As if we don't have enough to worry about now, the projected map for 2032 looks quite challenging without a major shift.

image.png.098a1f0c341d82554e43a86bea2819d1.png

So... I thought about this for a bit... Those changes in numbers will be driven by a change in population. The assumption of the tweet is that the demographics will stay proportional to what they are today. I doubt that is the case.

I have a theory that the pandemic really had a washover effect on people. You don't really quite remember the before Covid times as well as you once did or the actual reality of it. You don't remember how chaotic the Trump presidency was on a day to day basis. Kamala's team needs to start doing that. People need their memories jolted. That's the only thing that makes sense to me as to why undecided voters think he's a good alternative. He has no real positions because he'll change them on a whim. You have to make people remember the bad times with him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VivaNaranja said:

Latest bullshit smear attack on Walz:

Subheadline:

what he actually said:

Hey morons:

Explaining a theory is not advocating for its adoption.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/walz-state-education-appointee-called-us-overthrown-deconstructed

Good thing that guy isn't running for office, right?  Now they should do a deep dive on all the awful shit Trump has said.  Maybe limit it to the last week or so, otherwise it will take them forever.