2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

On 9/25/2024 at 12:19 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Are you telling me that our country is in the hands of Steelers and eagles fans?

Notice their records. As long as they keep running, everything will be ok.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't know if this was arranged by the Harris campaign - but it was genius move if so.  Cuban is an excellent surrogate for that audience.

I really enjoyed the parts I watched, but goddamn, this Theo guy is dumb as fucking shit. I guess that's most of Americans though so if this helps, keep it going!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I really enjoyed the parts I watched, but goddamn, this Theo guy is dumb as fucking shit. I guess that's most of Americans though so if this helps, keep it going!

Ha. I sat by him on a plane in like 2005. It was before he got into comedy and I knew who he was from his reality MTV shows. He was absolutely funny as shit for 2 straight hours. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Ha. I sat by him on a plane in like 2005. It was before he got into comedy and I knew who he was from his reality MTV shows. He was absolutely funny as shit for 2 straight hours. 

Theo Von's podcast is hilarious to me and other dude bros in their 20s and 30s. Don't like his stand up normally as much.

The Theo Von - Bernie Sanders podcast was a good one.

Cuban is kicking ass for the Kamala campaign. He's all over the place right now.

• Hook 'Em 5

I just got to the part where Cuban had to correct him that undocumented immigrants can still be put in jail and deported if they don't have a social security card and Theo looked genuinely surprised. I'm really starting to think that he represents a huge swatch of people in this country, not genuinely bad people, just really, really, really fucking stupid. I still think most trump voters are truly just bad people, Theo might be one for all I know, has he said he's a trump supporter? He very clearly has fallen for every dumbfuck lie he's put out there. 

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Find the videos of Theo Von and his Carney guest. Like two goblins chatting away.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Theo might be one for all I know, has he said he's a trump supporter? He very clearly has fallen for every dumbfuck lie he's put out there. 

He has played it pretty close to the chest

42 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

NJ checking in. Now I just need to photocopy my ballot so I can fill out 7 more, amirite MAGA??*

IMG_7108.thumb.jpg.c022529eda224d63dbf1b7d3394a2369.jpg

*JKJK

Hey I knew a Sam Frisby in high school in Conroe a hundred years ago ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

So... I thought about this for a bit... Those changes in numbers will be driven by a change in population. The assumption of the tweet is that the demographics will stay proportional to what they are today. I doubt that is the case.

It a also assumed migration trends during COVID will remain in place, and at a similar pace to 2021-23. Not likely. Population decline in CA has leveled off. I don't think they are losing four EVs. And I don't think FL is going to keep up the pace.

Also Texas will be solidly in the battleground state camp by 2032 with that kind of continued population growth, which I do think is more likely. Although the state government could disenfranchise en masse.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There are some GOP politicians that I believe are incredibly smart but they play dumb in support of GOP platforms and in talking to their constituency. Then we have James Comer who is very unintelligent. 

Yed. Ted Cruz/Greg Abbott vs. Dan Patrick/Sid Miller

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

I still can't believe he sold 51% of the Dallas Mavericks to that MAGA-gross bitch from Las Vegas.

Republicans buy basketball teams too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I just got to the part where Cuban had to correct him that undocumented immigrants can still be put in jail and deported if they don't have a social security card and Theo looked genuinely surprised. I'm really starting to think that he represents a huge swatch of people in this country, not genuinely bad people, just really, really, really fucking stupid. I still think most trump voters are truly just bad people, Theo might be one for all I know, has he said he's a trump supporter? He very clearly has fallen for every dumbfuck lie he's put out there. 

It’s why I think Kamala/Walz need to go on podcasts like Theo and Rogan. Most of these bros aren’t hard pilled conservatives like Ben Shapiro or whatever, they’re just easily influenced jocks that are really only being message targeted by one political party. Of course they believe all the dumb right wing bullshit, that is the only group trying to court that demographic.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It’s why I think Kamala/Walz need to go on podcasts like Theo and Rogan. Most of these bros aren’t hard pilled conservatives like Ben Shapiro or whatever, they’re just easily influenced jocks that are really only being message targeted by one political party. Of course they believe all the dumb right wing bullshit, that is the only group trying to court that demographic.

Walz especially. Theo's probably dumber than the high school football players he coached way back when. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I still think most trump voters are truly just bad people, Theo might be one for all I know, has he said he's a trump supporter? He very clearly has fallen for every dumbfuck lie he's put out there. 

Theo voted for Obama once or twice then Trump. He actually said Bernie Sanders and Trump being on the same ticket would have excited him as they were both outsiders LOL so yeah he doesn't know a ton about politics. I don't think he pretends to either though.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, YChang said:

Watters… this dickhead has shot straight to number one on my list of people I want to punch in the face.

13 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Take a number. 

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He might be the worst one of them all

I'm sure his lineage is filled with a bunch of Grade A assholes.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Ross Sorkin weighs in:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnbc-anchor-says-business-titans-tell-him-they-are-scared-of-the-chaos-that-trump-will-create/

What do your Wall Street sources say?” Melber asked.

Sorkin replied that while his business contacts are “pleased” with some of what Trump has said, they have deep concerns. 

“They are scared of the chaos that Trump will create,” he said. “They’re scared of waking up in the morning and looking at X/formerly Twitter and seeing either their company or their name in it and what that means. And the sort of jerking around from side to side of where– I mean, just yesterday, Trump is out there saying he’s going to add a 200% tariffon John Deere, on Deere tractors. Think about that for a second. And by the way, how strategic is that? What about all the farmers in America that buy the tractors? That’s a massive tax on them. That’s what it is.”

I watched the interview live. He said Wall Streeters think that things could go well for them, or we could lose our democracy…said both are possible in a Trump presidency.