2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It’s why I think Kamala/Walz need to go on podcasts like Theo and Rogan. Most of these bros aren’t hard pilled conservatives like Ben Shapiro or whatever, they’re just easily influenced jocks that are really only being message targeted by one political party. Of course they believe all the dumb right wing bullshit, that is the only group trying to court that demographic.

i'm coming around to this idea. also I think Pete would blow Rogan's mind lol. he'd become his hero. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think I know the answer but is there ANY legit reason why the rolls come under the microscope and get axed 40 days before election when you have like 500 days prior to get it done, including an election off yr when sec of states (whoever handles the rolls) have much less shit going on. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, bluto said:

I think I know the answer but is there ANY legit reason why the rolls come under the microscope and get axed 40 days before election when you have like 500 days prior to get it done, including an election off yr when sec of states (whoever handles the rolls) have much less shit going on. 

Yep, same thing I was saying on another board. Interesting timing. Their voter registration deadline is Oct 11 iirc. They do have the option of re-registering at the early voting locations though.

Edited by wood
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Uh oh.  Donnie Ballgame is about to go on a heater.

Don't you mean, there is a massive hurricane about to hit the Southeast, and Trump's people decided to move up the rallies a few days to avoid the storm? 

9 minutes ago, bluto said:

No. They're trying to discourage certain people from voting and trying stop eligible people from voting legally, and once voting begins, that's the deadline. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Biden won it by 6.5

@Tuco

If that's accurate, Nov 5th should be a very good night for the Democrats.  

1. 2024 NE-2 is not the same district as 2020 NE-2.  It was redrawn after the 2020 census by the Republican Unicameral.  It wasn't the worse gerrymandering, but my recollection is that it was a maybe 2-3 point shift right.  They cut out some of the southern parts of the metro (older city, more diverse) with rural and growing satellite towns (new suburb, very pale).  If Harris is running ahead of Biden, she is absolutely rocking the old split. 

2.  That's important beyond just the 1 EV.  I think NE-2 is a pretty good proxy for Suburbia USA.  It's a city and all, but not that dense, not that expensive, fairly well educated, and sprawling residential/burbs for a good chunk of it.  It has had a woman mayor, a Republican, for several years, so maybe more open to voting for a women.  But it's also pretty Catholic, so maybe more pro-life than your typical purple district.  

2 hours ago, tx ind said:

Is there any chance he's met with a tremendous amount of boos when he goes to the UGA-Bama game?  

tears.gif

Yeah I wish. In a crowd of Alabama and Georgia football fans, it'll be even more Trumpy than the general population. The Democrats will either be home listening to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me," or else getting paid good money to just play.

4 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Yeah I wish. In a crowd of Alabama and Georgia football fans, it'll be even more Trumpy than the general population. The Democrats will either be home listening to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me," or else getting paid good money to just play.

Student section may surprise you, hopefully.

• Drool 1

On 8/8/2024 at 2:48 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Grassroots support popped like a balloon

Bullet took his hearing away

The conservative base apathy in Texas is telling. Nobody is riled up with fake rage over Whitmire or Hidalgo in Harris county. Bodes well for chances of state house.

Hell yea. This fag knows what he sayin

4 hours ago, wood said:

Skurred to death lol.

I see they're still spewing the lie that Kamala had an advisor in her ear during the debate, too.

Of course a woman, especially a black woman could never defeat a white man without cheating. Especially not someone so competent as Trump.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2024 at 1:05 PM, Pancho said:

I’m going to be honest here—who is ready to go into the MAGA grift because I’ve got some ideas and I’m ready to cash in

im rich cash money GIF

Earlier this year I considered making an apparel line with a bunch of MAGA-ish crap and donating all the proceeds to the Dems. Just too lazy to do it.

In 2020 when the asshole went to Bryant Denny the school said chant  protests would not be permitted, then "clarified" but I don't remember him getting booed, like got booed literally every other sporting event save NASCAR.

Then this happened in Iowa last time he tried it.

At the end of the day I do hope they have something planned.

4 hours ago, wood said:

"Kamala won't give us details!!1!!!!!!!!11!"

The Trump comms/strategy people understand Trumps’s weakness so they counter it by saying each of his weak points are Harris’ weak points. Then the rubes eat it up and spread it as facts while they’ve listened to nothing from Harris.

5 hours ago, Tuco said:

If that's accurate, Nov 5th should be a very good night for the Democrats.  

1. 2024 NE-2 is not the same district as 2020 NE-2.  It was redrawn after the 2020 census by the Republican Unicameral.  It wasn't the worse gerrymandering, but my recollection is that it was a maybe 2-3 point shift right.  They cut out some of the southern parts of the metro (older city, more diverse) with rural and growing satellite towns (new suburb, very pale).  If Harris is running ahead of Biden, she is absolutely rocking the old split. 

2.  That's important beyond just the 1 EV.  I think NE-2 is a pretty good proxy for Suburbia USA.  It's a city and all, but not that dense, not that expensive, fairly well educated, and sprawling residential/burbs for a good chunk of it.  It has had a woman mayor, a Republican, for several years, so maybe more open to voting for a women.  But it's also pretty Catholic, so maybe more pro-life than your typical purple district.  

Also if she’s running at 9 points in a GOP interval, it could be more. And Bacon is probably cooked. I think for whatever minuscule gains Trump could make in black/hispanic/young voters is going to be offset by her making bigger gains with suburban college educated whites- especially college educated white women.   And the election will be decided by the WOW counties, Bucks county, the ATL and Phoenix burbs, Detroit burbs