2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

42 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I follow a few pro-Ukraine Republicans on xitter (my original reason for signing up was to follow accounts that cover the war). 

They are having a very hard time with Trump's comments on Russia/Ukraine.

They've had their heads buried in the sand on this issue and Trump coming out and just blasting Ukraine has really done a number on them. 

I just can't wrap my head around where they are coming from - they complain that the Biden admin isn't doing enough to help Ukraine, yet they will vote for the guy who will abandon them?

Kind of the right wing version of the "uncommitted" idiots who are pissed over Palestine. 

It takes two to tango, you know.

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s amazing because Trump has run the second worst campaign I have ever seen… and he still has a shot… because almost half of our population is willing to abandon nearly every moral and ethical principle for the illusion of political power and liberal tears.   A massive ongoing tragedy our institutions refuse to adequately address. 

what's the first?

13 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm thinking/hoping there's a significant amount of Trump voters like this guy that are flipping to Kamala because of January 6th. 

You, my friend, are abandoning the anti-republic party and voting for the pro-republic party. It over-rides all political policies. 

Tell your friends. Lead the way. Thanks for opening your mind to the real issue with no help from national TV news media.

You're a hero of the republic. No shit.

• Hook 'Em 7

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s amazing because Trump has run the second worst campaign I have ever seen… and he still has a shot… because almost half of our population is willing to abandon nearly every moral and ethical principle for the illusion of political power and liberal tears. are fucking idiots.  A massive ongoing tragedy our institutions refuse to adequately address. 

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Pancho said:

I just cannot with radical republicans 

12 hours ago, wood said:

Yep, same thing I was saying on another board. Interesting timing. Their voter registration deadline is Oct 11 iirc. They do have the option of re-registering at the early voting locations though.

image.png.a7b3c4184ce3f0a28080111c3018d7fd.pngThese are enemies of the republic, Donnie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Running for pageant queen is more respectable nowadays than whatever the fuck modern politics are, its like patting a con man in the back "boy you sure cultivated a massive cult/won the election".

If that is what winning looks like I rather take my chances in something more objective like WWIII.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is fucking enraging.  Whatever disagreement Trump has with Zelensky, Zelensky is the head of state that has been invaded and had hundreds of thousands of its people (many civilians, many women and children) killed and severely wounded, and Trump is going to make a public spectacle of praising his relationship with Zelensky’s enemy, the head of state of the country that invaded him, WHILE HES STANDING NEXT TO ZELENSKY?
Trump is a no class motherfucker.  But he’s also a buffoon in every arena, especially foreign policy.  

It’s really amazing how he just can’t help himself. We’re actually pretty lucky though I think, because with a few minor adjustments to his personality he might already be our dictator.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

This is fucking enraging.  Whatever disagreement Trump has with Zelensky, Zelensky is the head of state that has been invaded and had hundreds of thousands of its people (many civilians, many women and children) killed and severely wounded, and Trump is going to make a public spectacle of praising his relationship with Zelensky’s enemy, the head of state of the country that invaded him, WHILE HES STANDING NEXT TO ZELENSKY?

Trump is a no class motherfucker.  But he’s also a buffoon in every arena, especially foreign policy.  

seriously man. it kinda makes me sick to my stomach. i could only watch a few seconds and my attention was 100% trained on Zelensky and the agony coursing through his body. there are a thousand reasons I want Kamala to win and this is near the top for me. we should be throwing all our old shit at ukraine. it's clearly better tech than what russia is limping out there with. and yet we're doing a larger rendition of throwing a roll of paper towels at a homeless hurricane refugee. maddening doesn't cover it. meanwhile, several more people died needlessly while I composed this post.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yes we know. Polls are only ever off in Trump’s favor. Even the ones that are weighing more heavily with rural non college whites. Still off in his favor. 

WE GET IT 

As we've noted, he's Cloak Room satyanash and as we know the only people who don't quickly bore of reading their repetitive posts are the satyanashes themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yes we know. Polls are only ever off in Trump’s favor. Even the ones that are weighing more heavily with rural non college whites. Still off in his favor. 

WE GET IT 

If this was responding to me, i'm questioning the ability of ALL polls to provide meaningful resolution with their current limitations in a contest this close.

13 hours ago, Pancho said:

I just cannot with radical republicans 

13 hours ago, bluto said:

I think I know the answer but is there ANY legit reason why the rolls come under the microscope and get axed 40 days before election when you have like 500 days prior to get it done, including an election off yr when sec of states (whoever handles the rolls) have much less shit going on. 

13 hours ago, wood said:

Yep, same thing I was saying on another board. Interesting timing. Their voter registration deadline is Oct 11 iirc. They do have the option of re-registering at the early voting locations though.

13 hours ago, Chopper said:

No. They're trying to discourage certain people from voting and trying stop eligible people from voting legally, and once voting begins, that's the deadline. 

OK, let's go into this because at first glance the release says they purged the rolls over the last 20 months.  They just announced it this week.  I have a few questions not addressed in the article.

• There was a recent Republican lawsuit against the State Board of Elections (SBOE) for not sufficiently purging the rolls. This press release came out after the lawsuit was filed.  Is this the response to the lawsuit in the public arena?  If there was no lawsuit would there not have been any press release?
  • They purged 747K voters and now have 7.7MM voters on the rolls.  That's a 10% purge.  What would be expected due to their stated reasons of:
    • Death
    • Moving out of state
    • Felony convictions
    • Not voting in last 2 federal cycles (inactive) Seems like a short window assuming this is only 4 years.
    • Moved in state and did not update the registration
  • They state "the majority of those stripped from the rolls were deemed ineligible to be registered because they had moved within the state and did not register their new address, or because they did not participate in the past two federal elections, prompting an inactive status."  These are the flimsiest of the reasons on the list above.  
  • What is the breakdown by county, congressional district, etc?
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

OK, let's go into this because at first glance the release says they purged the rolls over the last 20 months.  They just announced it this week.  I have a few questions not addressed in the article.

• There was a recent Republican lawsuit against the State Board of Elections (SBOE) for not sufficiently purging the rolls. This press release came out after the lawsuit was filed.  Is this the response to the lawsuit in the public arena?  If there was no lawsuit would there not have been any press release?
  • They purged 747K voters and now have 7.7MM voters on the rolls.  That's a 10% purge.  What would be expected due to their stated reasons of:
    • Death
    • Moving out of state
    • Felony convictions
    • Not voting in last 2 federal cycles (inactive) Seems like a short window assuming this is only 4 years.
  • They state "the majority of those stripped from the rolls were deemed ineligible to be registered because they had moved within the state and did not register their new address, or because they did not participate in the past two federal elections, prompting an inactive status."  These are the flimsiest of the reasons on the list above.  

Yes, while voter non-participation sucks it is a 100% bullshit reason to remove someone from voter rolls. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

• Death
    • Moving out of state
    • Felony convictions

You should not be able to remove someone from the voter rolls just because they haven’t voted in a while. That’s fucking bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, tx ind said:

what's the first?

Trump 2020, all he had to do was act halfway responsible with Covid and he would have won.  Competent Presidents/politicians know how to make a crisis work for them. Trump had a layup and completely blew it. 

3 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Fredericksburg is so weird.  The residents are typically very friendly, the town is charming, it's the rare small town in a rural area that's thriving in the 21st century, plus tons and tons of outside investment and high-earning immigration. 

It's like all that is cover for the Klan. 

Huh.  You mean to tell me that a small Texas town populated heavily by the descendants of people who came from Germany in the late 19th Century might have some political opinions that are maybe a bit pro-authoritarian and anti-racial-equality?  

Wow, I mean . . . I just wouldn't've ever guessed.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Huh.  You mean to tell me that a small Texas town populated heavily by the descendants of people who came from Germany in the late 19th Century might have some political opinions that are maybe a bit pro-authoritarian and anti-racial-equality?  

Wow, I mean . . . I just wouldn't've ever guessed.

Counterpoint....those areas were among the strongest anti-secession votes leading up to the Civil War.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, quigley said:

If this was responding to me, i'm questioning the ability of ALL polls to provide meaningful resolution with their current limitations in a contest this close.

No. The resident naysayer 

29 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

They state "the majority of those stripped from the rolls were deemed ineligible to be registered because they had moved within the state and did not register their new address

Texas does this too. They send out new voter cards every 2 years (I think) and if it’s returned as undeliverable, you go inactive 

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint....those areas were among the strongest anti-secession votes leading up to the Civil War.

Also to a large degree fueled the co-operative movement in Agriculture, and why North Dakota had a number of gov't owned industries. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Texas does this too. They send out new voter cards every 2 years (I think) and if it’s returned as undeliverable, you go inactive 

I'd be curious as to what the "undeliverable" rate is for apartments compared to houses.  My wife was doing some work on rent assistance.  There were several times when checks were returned several times as undeliverable.  She ended up driving around Seattle to hand deliver checks because some postal carriers couldn't figure out the addresses, particularly in poorer areas of town.  It was true both for when the checks went directly to the renters and when it was going to the management offices. 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

When they ended that clip, Trump was saying "But, ya know, It takes two to tango".

Let that sink in for a second. 

Intruders come into your home in the middle of the night. All hell breaks loose as you try to defend your family and home. 

Trump: "But, ya know, it takes two to tango". 

Or how about this one: Jan. 6. Capitol Police defend the building from invading, violent mob. Trump: "But, ya know, it takes two to tango".

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 7

1 minute ago, wood said:

When they ended that clip, Trump seemed to be saying "It takes two to tango".

Let that sink in for a second. 

Intruders come into your home in the middle of the night. All hell breaks loose as you try to defend your family and home. 

Trump: "Well, ya know, it takes two to tango". 

Or how about this one: Jan. 6. Capitol Police defend the building from invading, violent mob. Trump: "Well, ya know, it takes two to tango".

I just assumed he was talking about the bribe he was trying to solicit from Zelenyski

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I'd be curious as to what the "undeliverable" rate is for apartments compared to houses.  My wife was doing some work on rent assistance.  There were several times when checks were returned several times as undeliverable.  She ended up driving around Seattle to hand deliver checks because some postal carriers couldn't figure out the addresses, particularly in poorer areas of town.  It was true both for when the checks went directly to the renters and when it was going to the management offices. 

I’m not saying it’s right. I’m just saying that’s what Texas does too. And who generally lives in apartments? Young people and less well off people of color. 

28 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This is about what I have it as too. Though if Vargas is up by that much in NE-02 and so is Harris, explains why NE-Sen is a sleeper

Imagine election night - Osborn with a win out of nowhere and Brown holds on. 2 days later, Florida is finally called for DMP

I think you’d find me ODed somewhere on GOP misery 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I assume MAGA is outraged about Zelenskyy "campaigning for Trump" by standing side by side with him, since they went batshit over Zelenskyy visiting an ammunition factory in PA and saying it was to campaign for Harris/Walz, right?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s amazing because Trump has run the second worst campaign I have ever seen… and he still has a shot… because almost half of our population is willing to abandon nearly every moral and ethical principle for the illusion of political power and liberal tears.   A massive ongoing tragedy our institutions refuse to adequately address. 

Seriously. I watch these guys and the crazy things they say, literally every day, and I think "Are they actively attempting to lose?" And yet, their base fucking loves it.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This is about what I have it as too. Though if Vargas is up by that much in NE-02 and so is Harris, explains why NE-Sen is a sleeper

Imagine election night - Osborn with a win out of nowhere and Brown holds on. 2 days later, Florida is finally called for DMP

I think you’d find me ODed somewhere on GOP misery 

1089203957244887042.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump 2020, all he had to do was act halfway responsible with Covid and he would have won.  Competent Presidents/politicians know how to make a crisis work for them. Trump had a layup and completely blew it. 

Plandemic morons never understand this

Edited by elfenix
Thanks autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 1