2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

7 minutes ago, wood said:

Seriously. I watch these guys and the crazy things they say, literally every day, and I think "Are they actively attempting to lose?" And yet, their base fucking loves it.

Think it was on one of the PODcasts, where someone said that Vance is so in his own echo chamber, that he had no idea the things he's saying and has been saying would come off as "weird" to most of the country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

This is fucking enraging.  Whatever disagreement Trump has with Zelensky, Zelensky is the head of state that has been invaded and had hundreds of thousands of its people (many civilians, many women and children) killed and severely wounded, and Trump is going to make a public spectacle of praising his relationship with Zelensky’s enemy, the head of state of the country that invaded him, WHILE HES STANDING NEXT TO ZELENSKY?

Trump is a no class motherfucker.  But he’s also a buffoon in every arena, especially foreign policy.  

"Whatever disagreement?" You mean withholding aid from Ukraine to coerce Zelensky into faking a Biden conspiracy which didn't pan out and he still got impeached for it? It's maddening that Zelensky has to even treat that idiot as a legitimate human being much less a potential president of the United States again. I just can't wait to throw his ass into the anals of history so everyone can finally just be honest about what a fucking clown he is as a person.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I just can't wait to throw his ass into the anals of history so everyone can finally just be honest about what a fucking clown he is as a person.

ISWYDT

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

15 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm thinking/hoping there's a significant amount of Trump voters like this guy that are flipping to Kamala because of January 6th. 

I, fwiw, had flipped to Biden before the 2020 election, but January 6 put me completely over the edge. I already knew I had to vote for Biden, but until the Insurrection, I just didn't fully appreciate the true scope of the evil we're facing.

@RomaVicta replied to your post:

You, my friend, are abandoning the anti-republic party and voting for the pro-republic party. It over-rides all political policies. 

Tell your friends. Lead the way. Thanks for opening your mind to the real issue with no help from national TV news media.

1000% this. 

• Hook 'Em 8

57 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I'd be curious as to what the "undeliverable" rate is for apartments compared to houses.  My wife was doing some work on rent assistance.  There were several times when checks were returned several times as undeliverable.  She ended up driving around Seattle to hand deliver checks because some postal carriers couldn't figure out the addresses, particularly in poorer areas of town.  It was true both for when the checks went directly to the renters and when it was going to the management offices. 

YARN | Nobody from the post office has ever cracked the 50-percent barrier.  | Seinfeld (1989) - S08E10 The Andrea Doria | Video clips by quotes |  b99d571b | 紗

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I was walking the dogs yesterday, and stopped to briefly talk to a neighbor, whom I probably haven't actually talked to in years, other than a wave. He's an old, even older than me, and of course had to bring up DoTArd and Comrade Kamala. (I never talk politics with my neighbors because they are all old retirees, with few exceptions, and I assume very turmpy). 

He rambled for a bit, then I finally asked: "So, shark or electrocution?" He looked at me blankly for a moment. I took that moment to back out of the conversation. "Dinners about ready, I'll see you around. Let's go dogs."  

Need to do this for some Trumpanzees at work. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 'stache said:

"Whatever disagreement?" You mean withholding aid from Ukraine to coerce Zelensky into faking a Biden conspiracy which didn't pan out and he still got impeached for it? It's maddening that Zelensky has to even treat that idiot as a legitimate human being much less a potential president of the United States again. I just can't wait to throw his ass into the anals of history so everyone can finally just be honest about what a fucking clown he is as a person.

Forgive me for being the what Trump meant guy, but I'm pretty certain the two to tango comment was that if Zelensky wants a good relationship with Trump he needs to do nice things for Trump, like announce bullshit investigations. 

• Rage+1 3

48 minutes ago, 'stache said:

What you did there ... I see it.

ETA: Dang. Too slow. Still catching up!

Edited by wood

8 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Buck Burnett country.

It takes a special kind of shithead to do something like go to a major college football program where you are surrounded by any degree of diversity and think "My homogenous, racist hometown was right all along. People who don't look like me really do suck". Can't even blame ignorance like the hillbillies stuck in their miserable small town shitholes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also weird think to say when NYT/Siena confirmed they are in the field in Omaha this weekend 

probably because Bacon is now in trouble for supporting the effort to disenfranchise his constituents. here's the poll in question:

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

He's an evil prick

Here’s what I don’t get: the numbers don’t add up. MAGAts swear up and down that Biden let millions of illegal inmigrants into the country each year. But there are only something like 20,000 murders annually. Even if all of those murders were committed by illegal immigrants (they were not), are these morons admitting that at least 980,000 illegal immigrants are not murderers?

These fuckheads just have zero sense of reality and it’s infuriating how stupid / delusional they are about damned near every issue. None of their policy views or the inane beliefs underpinning them make any fucking sense whatsoever. It’s like 40% of the country is tripping balls on LSD round the clock and no matter how hard you try, they just can’t be pulled back into reality.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Even if all of those murders were committed by illegal immigrants (they were not), are these morons admitting that at least 980,000 illegal immigrants are not murderers?

“We just can’t assume that those 980,000 illegal immigrants will never commit murders.” JD Vance

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint....those areas were among the strongest anti-secession votes leading up to the Civil War.

Yeah, seriously... talk about someone not knowing jack squat about the history of that area.

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/news/state/2015/07/19/german-immigrants-texas-stayed-true-union/14966676007/

Treue der Union Monument | SAH ARCHIPEDIA

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

He's an evil prick

I recently rewatched the Star Wars prequels

A) George Lucas was a visionary

B) Palps was less openly evil than this racist turd

• Hook 'Em 5

24 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Here’s what I don’t get: the numbers don’t add up. MAGAts swear up and down that Biden let millions of illegal inmigrants into the country each year. But there are only something like 20,000 murders annually. Even if all of those murders were committed by illegal immigrants (they were not), are these morons admitting that at least 980,000 illegal immigrants are not murderers?

These fuckheads just have zero sense of reality and it’s infuriating how stupid / delusional they are about damned near every issue. None of their policy views or the inane beliefs underpinning them make any fucking sense whatsoever. It’s like 40% of the country is tripping balls on LSD round the clock and no matter how hard you try, they just can’t be pulled back into reality.

20,000 annual murders that they report, libtard.   The FBI cooks the books and doesn't report any crime from any city with a population over 50,000 people. All of those 20,000 murders happened in small towns.    

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Bacon's cooked.

Speaking of, this was scheduled today in Chattanooga, TN

https://www.chattanoogafestivals.com/bacon

Let’s get hog-wild as we bring together bacon-loving local restaurants and barrel-aged spirits from around the world to savor an evening of southern indulgence. Your Bacon & Barrel ticket includes unlimited samples of signature bacon-themed dishes and 12 whiskey samples, plus live music, fun photo opps, and more. Beer, wine, and full sized cocktails will be available for purchase at the bar. This event supports Chattanooga Market, so every sip counts.

Sorry if this part of the press conference was already posted, but if it has, it should be reposted anyway.  You can see Zelenskyy debating if he should put Trump in a chokehold or continue biting his tongue at Trump's absurdity.

• Rage+1 2

Sorry if this part of the press conference was already posted, but if it has, it should be reposted anyway.  You can see Zelenskyy debating if he should put Trump in a chokehold or continue biting his tongue at Trump's absurdity.

Holy fucking shit.

It sounds so stupid to even type, but it sounds like he’s saying Zelensky came to his defense and stopped the impeachment. If you knew nothing about what happened, that’s how you would interpret that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is what I'm talking about. This is the stuff people seemed to forget because of Covid. I'm glad he said this with Zelensky. It's the perfect reminder that he has no morals and will sell our allies out in an instant. Maybe it will make a difference with the thickheads out there who are "undecided" but probably not. Walz needs to talk about this during the debate. Remind them what a massive moron Trump was with foreign policy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This is what I'm talking about. This is the stuff people seemed to forget because of Covid. I'm glad he said this with Zelensky. It's the perfect reminder that he has no morals and will sell our allies out in an instant. Maybe it will make a difference with the thickheads out there who are "undecided" but probably not. Walz needs to talk about this during the debate. Remind them what a massive moron Trump was with foreign policy. 

If Haley wasn’t such a spineless wimp she would hold a press conference and endorse Harris over this. Same with Romney. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn
  • Hook 'Em 5

55 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Yeah, seriously... talk about someone not knowing jack squat about the history of that area.

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/news/state/2015/07/19/german-immigrants-texas-stayed-true-union/14966676007/

Treue der Union Monument | SAH ARCHIPEDIA

Dude--I'm a quarter Texan-German.  I'm quite familiar with the history.

But if you think I'm going to let a small thing like facts get in the way of a quality shitpost on Surly, . . . well, friend--you just haven't been paying attention.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If Haley wasn’t such a spineless wimp she would hold a press conference and endorse Harris over this. Same with Romney. 

Not if she wants a future. Mitt is retiring, he needs to