2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 hours ago, South Austin said:

They also can’t beat the Longhorns.

“Maybe we’ll beat THEM by 21”

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Project 1890

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard and I used to watch citizens communications at council meetings

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Going back a few hours, why was Zelensky even meeting with dotard in the first place?

Because if he doesn't and Trump wins, vindictive Trump will immediately end all aid to Ukraine. Zelensky has to play the stupid game because we're a stupid fucking country that allows that toddler to possibly be our Commander-In-Chief. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Because if he doesn't and Trump wins, vindictive Trump will immediately end all aid to Ukraine. Zelensky has to play the stupid game because we're a stupid fucking country that allows that toddler to possibly be our Commander-In-Chief. 

He has to know that trump will do whatever Putin says. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, but latinos, you and the people you care about who are latino will be totally fine. 

Yeah - nothing to worry about. It’s not like Stephen Miller hasn’t publicly talked about denaturalizing citizens and Lindsey Graham introduced legislation to end birthright citizenship. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/north-carolina-lt-gov-mark-robinson-hospitalized-after/story?id=114307092

Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson hospitalized after 'incident' at campaign event, source says

He was at a campaign event in Mount Airy, North Carolina.
Praying hard for a quick recovery for a true soldier

Jesus, what does a Robinson campaign event look like at this point? Just blind Dave Chapelles everywhere?
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint....those areas were among the strongest anti-secession votes leading up to the Civil War.

I think their whiteness and ruralness trumps German heritage.

I think that NYT article nails it:  whites are fragile and those who feel marginalized react severely, whether they're actually marginalized or not, and the targets of their reaction are minority groups.

51 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

image.png.fa19a3e93ccccd191b4f37755fcd0839.png

image.png.8b515219f9fcb136f6f35cf328a9c304.png

Call me crazy, but I am betting that Latinos for Trump have zero problem with deporting black people.  Not all Latinos hate black people, but some do, and I am betting they vote for Trump.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Call me crazy, but I am betting that Latinos for Trump have zero problem with deporting black people.  Not all Latinos hate black people, but some do, and I am betting they vote for Trump.  

I think the point is their asses will be deported too.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

when was the last time trump had a winning idea 

You would have to define the conditions - winning for Trump means something far different than say winning for Republicans.

If he sells a few dozen of those $100k watches, that's a winning idea for Trump.  If Lara diverts money from down-ballot Republicans who are struggling in their races, in order to pay for Trump's jet hauling his ass around, or some work at Mar-a-Lago in the guise of campaign events, it's a winning idea for Trump.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He has to know that trump will do whatever Putin says. 

Trump's priorities will be:

• Stop all aid to Ukraine
  • Get sanctions off of Russia so it can rebuild a lot of its defense industry.
  • Get sanctions off of Iran so that Iran can beef up its drone and missile delivery to Russia.

1 hour ago, Hmbre97 said:

image.png.fa19a3e93ccccd191b4f37755fcd0839.png

image.png.8b515219f9fcb136f6f35cf328a9c304.png

Latinos for trump share a lot commonalities with white trash racists for trump.   The we hate blacks, is one of the biggest common grounds.   Of course these dumbasses will e the first ones to get thrown under the boxcar, but they are too stupid/racist to realize it. 

Edited by Ted Lange

21 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Latinos for trump share a lot commonalities with white trash racists for trump.   The we hate blacks, is one of the biggest common grounds.   Of course these dumbasses will e the first ones to get thrown under the boxcar, but they are too stupid/racist to realize it. 

They are almost united in support of Pinochet regardless of nationality if anything Trump is not dictator enough.