2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Where has this Democratic Party been my whole life?

She's trailing with men, so during the big game, that Trump has invested nearly his whole day in, they run a fantastic smack-talk political ad.  That's some well down prowrestling shit.  And that's normally Trump's niche, which is maybe why she is trailing with men. Stupid fucking men. You don't need to know a thing about policy.  You just need to know that Trump is a massive pussy*.  The viewing audience will see him wave to the crowd, with his stupid grin, and then watch her call challenge him to a fight.  Fucking beautiful.

*honestly, I looked for a synonym that would convey the same fullness as meaning.  But, nothing fit the bill.  The fact that pussy shares two meanings, one of which is wonderful, and the other is not, is just an accident of the English language.     

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If this holds for NE, it’s safe to say that NE will change the electoral college process for 2028 and looking forward to redrawing that district in 2031.

And Maine will then change theirs 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If this holds for NE, it’s safe to say that NE will change the electoral college process for 2028 and looking forward to redrawing that district in 2031.

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And Maine will then change theirs 

Great. Positive structural changes to increase the number of voters who actually matter in presidential politics will be reversed because of GOP insecurity.

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Where has this Democratic Party been my whole life?

She's trailing with men, so during the big game, that Trump has invested nearly his whole day in, they run a fantastic smack-talk political ad.  That's some well down prowrestling shit.  And that's normally Trump's niche, which is maybe why she is trailing with men. Stupid fucking men. You don't need to know a thing about policy.  You just need to know that Trump is a massive pussy*.  The viewing audience will see him wave to the crowd, with his stupid grin, and then watch her call challenge him to a fight.  Fucking beautiful.

*honestly, I looked for a synonym that would convey the same fullness as meaning.  But, nothing fit the bill.  The fact that pussy shares two meanings, one of which is wonderful, and the other is not, is just an accident of the English language.     

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.” -Betty White

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Trump campaign seems to be focusing ad dollars on the actual important issues, like transgender surgery for inmates. I guess this is what his white thrash fan boys are thinking about at night.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Basil said:

The Trump campaign seems to be focusing ad dollars on the actual important issues, like transgender surgery for inmates. I guess this is what his white thrash fan boys are thinking about at night.

Good! The people that resonates with are already voting for him.

siap NYT says Michigan and Wisconsin too close to call.

Weren't they one of the polls with known funky methodology, which nobody is taking seriously? I have a hard time believing them. Or am I misremembering?

Michigan: 

Harris: 48

Trump: 47

Wisconsin:

Harris: 49

Trump 47

Edited by wood

Yeah but we all know he picked this game for swing state reasons

Sure. But if this turns out to be a blowout, what are the chances he routes for the dominant team instead of the state he needs.
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wood said:

siap NYT says Michigan and Wisconsin too close to call.

Weren't they one of the polls with known funky methodology, which nobody is taking seriously? I have a hard time believing them. Or am I misremembering?

ALL the polls suffer from VERY low response rate: 1 in 40 callers take the survey. NYT divulged their 2.5% response rate in explaining big intra-poll chains in swing state results.

I do not view polling, in its current public iteration, as instructive when the contest is so close.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Basil said:

don’t forget about public schools that are performing transsexual surgeries to students but they better not ask for an aspirin 

26 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

don’t forget about public schools that are performing transsexual surgeries to students but they better not ask for an aspirin 

I hope they don’t do those surgeries in the same room where they keep the litter boxes for the furries