2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

On the sign front - I live in the suburb of Houston where Abbot went door knocking. There are three houses with Trump signs up that I’ve seen so far (main roads in and out and some side streets).

I would never put up a Harris yard sign. Too many crazy MAGA nuts in my neighborhood.

Have seen 11 Trump and 4 Harris signs in my neighborhood in a town of 5000 people near Frisco.

Pretty much every Trumper I talk to just says something about high grocery and gas prices. Thats their marching orders. That and illegals.

Vance has a new media strategy: Drown them in boos https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/28/jd-vance-press-hostile-00181455

When Vance takes questions from the press, supporters jeer the questions and cheer him on.

TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan — JD Vance had built a human wall of supporters behind him, and the press here was about to pay for it.

Inside an open-air barn at the Northwest Michigan Fairgrounds, Vance, who favors questions from local reporters before national ones at his events, called on the Traverse City Record-Eagle reporter, who identified himself as the “hometown” scribe.

Before he even got his question out — a relatively anodyne one about housing costs — the reporter endured a hail of boos as the Republican vice presidential nominee smiled.

“We’re having fun,” Vance told the 65-year-old staff writer Peter Kobs, who knew many of the people in this venue. “You’re allowed to ask your question; they’re allowed to tell you how they think about it. That’s OK. This is America.”

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

Perhaps UMich Voter isn't aware that Montco/Bucks/Delaware/Chester all border Phila county.  So, those are the vaunted "Philadelphia suburbs." Add them together and they dwarf Pillburgh.

6 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Pretty much every Trumper I talk to just says something about high grocery and gas prices. Thats their marching orders. That and illegals.

Next time you hear that, ask them if they know what caused the inflation under Biden. (Hint: one large driver was the 2020 government stimulus checks Trump sent out with his name printed on them.)