2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

On the sign front - I live in the suburb of Houston where Abbot went door knocking. There are three houses with Trump signs up that I’ve seen so far (main roads in and out and some side streets).

I would never put up a Harris yard sign. Too many crazy MAGA nuts in my neighborhood.

Have seen 11 Trump and 4 Harris signs in my neighborhood in a town of 5000 people near Frisco.

Pretty much every Trumper I talk to just says something about high grocery and gas prices. Thats their marching orders. That and illegals.

Vance has a new media strategy: Drown them in boos https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/28/jd-vance-press-hostile-00181455

When Vance takes questions from the press, supporters jeer the questions and cheer him on.

TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan — JD Vance had built a human wall of supporters behind him, and the press here was about to pay for it.

Inside an open-air barn at the Northwest Michigan Fairgrounds, Vance, who favors questions from local reporters before national ones at his events, called on the Traverse City Record-Eagle reporter, who identified himself as the “hometown” scribe.

Before he even got his question out — a relatively anodyne one about housing costs — the reporter endured a hail of boos as the Republican vice presidential nominee smiled.

“We’re having fun,” Vance told the 65-year-old staff writer Peter Kobs, who knew many of the people in this venue. “You’re allowed to ask your question; they’re allowed to tell you how they think about it. That’s OK. This is America.”

• Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Pretty much every Trumper I talk to just says something about high grocery and gas prices. Thats their marching orders. That and illegals.

Next time you hear that, ask them if they know what caused the inflation under Biden. (Hint: one large driver was the 2020 government stimulus checks Trump sent out with his name printed on them.) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s not how non-religious works. The non-religious are not a coherent group, defined by a common identity and creed. It’s just a bunch of individuals who look at groups that meet weekly to reinforce their shared delusions and think “Fuck that weird shit.” We don’t sit in some massive hall every Sunday and talk about how much we all don’t believe in fairy tales or discuss plans to evangelize for critical thinking. We just each wake up and do our own thing, individually going about our days without wasting time thinking how best to confirm our lives to the perceived commands of some boring work of fantasy fiction.

The non-religious will always be at a distinct organizational disadvantage compared to pretty much any cult. 

And, as I said on another thread religion/Christianity is not the cause of the disaffection that drives these fuckers, it's a symptom.  A community in which they can find like-minded people led by demagogues willing to exploit them.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Americas finest at the GA-Bama game. John Daly is hanging around there too. I would like to hear more about whose suite it is. I would bet that it’s a rich bama alum who is having legal or regulatory problems with the feds,

At one point Trump must have turned to Britt, with a   “Honey, get me a Diet Coke.”

• Like 1

I bet that luxury box stank.

Trump ordered 2 filet o fish with cheese, a domino's pizza, and diet coke. True story.

I'm over here eating protein shakes with blueberries and spinach, and that motherfucker lives on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

39 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Americas finest at the GA-Bama game. John Daly is hanging around there too. I would like to hear more about whose suite it is. I would bet that it’s a rich bama alum who is having legal or regulatory problems with the feds,

Hank Jr, the only person in that booth that ever exhibited a shred of intellect or artistry. His weird upbringing, pills, and 90 proof really did a number on him.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Another element of that picture tells me that Trump doesn’t have any real friends. Setting aside the 2 AL senators, Trump was most likely asked who else would he like to see at the game. The best he could do is Kid Rock, Herschel, Hank Williams and John Daly.

of course Trump is about appearances and he thinks his audiences look at them as major stars. I wouldn’t spit at them but if I was in the same area as them, I would have zero interest in interacting with them on any level.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Idiocracy 2 Electric Boogaloo

• Like 1

The group was probably chosen for him anyway. I doubt if Donald is usually aware of many of those people. I'd bet he can't name 3 Hank Jr songs or even tell you who that giant Jethro is on the left side of the booth. 

20 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Hank Jr, the only person in that booth that ever exhibited a shred of intellect or artistry. His weird upbringing, pills, and 90 proof really did a number on him.

It's a damn shame what happened to him

26 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Falling off a mountain and cracking his head open might also have provided a contribution. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

I bet that luxury box stank.

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

I know someone who worked on the apprentice for a season. He enjoyed farting LOUDLY when women were around because it embarrassed them. She has plenty of stories about him and is very interested in the movie about him that *should be* released this fall prior to the election.

Edited by quigley

3 minutes ago, quigley said:

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

I know someone who worked on the apprentice for a season. He enjoyed farting LOUDLY when women were around because it embarrassed them. She has plenty of stories about him and is very interested in the movie about him that *should be* released this fall prior to the election.

The Sebastian Stan movie? It comes out in like a week and a half 

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Next time you hear that, ask them if they know what caused the inflation under Biden. (Hint: one large driver was the 2020 government stimulus checks Trump sent out with his name printed on them.) 

Roughly 2/3 of the stimulus came out in the Trump administration, but that point falls on intentionally deaf ears.  "The first stimulus had broad bipartisan support!  The second was all on Democrats!"  Gosh, I wonder if we can solve that mystery?

This dropped last week, based on a letter sent by the ICE Director by request of a GOP congressman.

image.png.f47b2b6b98c7adca28fea1503b1ad289.png

Of course Trump jumped on it this weekend, and he'll repeat it mercilessly, as will your MAGA friends and family.

image.png.2a18828e6c8f29c70c06b019162ac15e.png

Here's the truth, you know, with context and stuff:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/29/politics/fact-check-trump-harris-immigrants-homicide/index.html

Trump’s claims are false in two big ways. First, the statistics he was referring to are not specifically about people who entered the country during the Biden-Harris administration. Rather, those statistics are about noncitizens who entered the country under any administration, including Trump’s; were convicted of a crime at some point, usually in the US after their arrival; and are now living in the US while being listed on Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s “non-detained docket” — where some have been listed for years, including while Trump was president, because their country of citizenship won’t let the US deport them back there. Second, that ICE “non-detained” list includes people who are still serving jail and prison sentences for their crimes; they are on the list because they are not being held in immigration detention in particular.

A spokesperson for the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees ICE, said in a Saturday email: “The data in this letter is being misinterpreted. The data goes back decades; it includes individuals who entered the country over the past 40 years or more, the vast majority of whose custody determination was made long before this Administration. It also includes many who are under the jurisdiction or currently incarcerated by federal, state or local law enforcement partners.”

Walker............................Trump.............................................................Tubby.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................An average twelve-year-old.

47 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

This dropped last week, based on a letter sent by the ICE Director by request of a GOP congressman.

image.png.f47b2b6b98c7adca28fea1503b1ad289.png

Of course Trump jumped on it this weekend, and he'll repeat it mercilessly, as will your MAGA friends and family.

image.png.2a18828e6c8f29c70c06b019162ac15e.png

Here's the truth, you know, with context and stuff:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/29/politics/fact-check-trump-harris-immigrants-homicide/index.html

shit like this drives me mad. there were +/-18,450 homicides last year alone (which was down almost 13% from the previous year). that's 369k over the last 20 years (using the low 2023 number). gtfo with that comparison. just more over the top, divisive as hell fear-mongering

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, as I said on another thread religion/Christianity is not the cause of the disaffection that drives these fuckers, it's a symptom.  A community in which they can find like-minded people led by demagogues willing to exploit them.

The specific flavor of religion is not as important as religiosity generally. Once you incorporate a bunch of hocus-pocus bullshit into your mental model of the universe, you become an easy mark.