2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Trump is super leaning into the taxpayer paid Transgender surgeries for illegals and prisoners thing.

Just saw their campaign ad during the Texans game.

I mean, is this just for his vanity / not to look like an idiot during the debate or do they feel it’s a winning issue? 

I’m in CA for the weekend and he’s wasting money on them out here. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Just saw the Trump campaign dumping some money in Maine’s 2nd CD. That’s uh…not good for them. ME-02 was like Trump +8 or 9 in 2020

Maybe he's trying to help the congressional candidate?

I kid, I kid

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I spent an insane amount of time trying to help a junior engineer on my team get a damn green card.  This stuff is cumbersome.

should have said he was just released from a prison in africa 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

You know, he might have a point. If we had plainclothes cops, or maybe Blackwater guys carrying Uzis (remember those?) under their NFL jerseys they could summarily execute shoplifting teens right in the CVS parking lot.  Or the at the auto parts store.  Just shoot off two or three magazines each.  Go all Frank Hammer/Bonnie and Clyde on their ass.  Then we would have a great nation again.  

10 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

This right here is the type of thing that the people who don't care about his other craziness should care about.

Anybody who sees this and relies on OT should B's ready to punch him in the face. 

Of course, he's already told them they're too stupid to vote for their own interests, so they'll probably hold form.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

is that real? this might be the first time he actually prayed. and amazingly he didn't insert something about himself or Comrade Kamala in there. which makes me think it's not real, or at best, he didn't write it

He did  not, since it is an actual prayer from a Catholic prayer book from the late 1800s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_to_Saint_Michael#In_the_Leonine_Prayers

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Haphap said:

He did  not, since it is an actual prayer from a Catholic prayer book from the late 1800s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_to_Saint_Michael#In_the_Leonine_Prayers

It is St. Michael’s Feast day today.

That said, I’m reminded of Liam Neeson saying it in the opening scene of Gangs of New York, where Daniel Day-Lewis proceeded to tax that ass.

I typically ignore and/or don't engage my brother's idiotic social media posts because it's pointless. He continues to post clips of Kamala speaking as proof she is an idiot. I did a drive by of 'cool, now do Trump'. I'm sure this will go well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

141dd0c2-c364-43ff-a773-e2686439eb73.png

Trump: We need to give police completely immunity and allow them to do a purge every once in awhile.

Also Trump: The cop that shot Ashli Babbit after multiple warnings was a completely out of control rogue officer and he and his family should be murdered.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

This right here is the type of thing that the people who don't care about his other craziness should care about.

Anybody who sees this and relies on OT should B's ready to punch him in the face. 

Of course, he's already told them they're too stupid to vote for their own interests, so they'll probably hold form.

He is right about one thing - the stupidity of his voters. 

1.  Anyone voting for trump that isn't rich (those are assholes) is an absolute moron.

2. Anyone that is on the fence after all we know about both candidates - also an absolute moron.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Okie State said:

I typically ignore and/or don't engage my brother's idiotic social media posts because it's pointless. He continues to post clips of Kamala speaking as proof she is an idiot. I did a drive by of 'cool, now do Trump'. I'm sure this will go well.

I have some MAGA friends and today they posted something about a second debate with both candidates on lie detector tests. 
They train retrievers for competitions so I add that they should have to wear shock collars for when they lie. They agreed 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

No more overtime Police unions 

13 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I have some MAGA friends and today they posted something about a second debate with both candidates on lie detector tests. 
They train retrievers for competitions so I add that they should have to wear shock collars for when they lie. They agreed 🤣

It's mind bottling that so many people have convinced themselves that this guy is some kind of genius who never lies. There's no reasoning with that.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Okie State said:

It's mind bottling that so many people have convinced themselves that this guy is some kind of genius who never lies. There's no reasoning with that.

It's not fully about Trump - a lot of it is the team bullshit that's been building since the 80s and 90s, and that kicked into high gear in the 90s with Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Newt Gingrich, etc.

Romney and McCain just weren't willing to tap into the hate the way the Trump does.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Gee, I wonder if any marginalized people would contend that the police have long been on a systematic purge?

But now everyone has a camera, so it's not as free as it once was.

He's saying, camera be damned, go crack some dark skulls... Of course he would say he doesn't ever mention race.