2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think Florida flips....I had it as a meme about 2-3 weeks ago but I think it could legit happen.

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I think there will be more than one (good) surprise this election

100% agree. I think there will be far more Republicans voting for Harris than many people believe or than the polls indicate. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/29/2024 at 8:09 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Americas finest at the GA-Bama game. John Daly is hanging around there too. I would like to hear more about whose suite it is. I would bet that it’s a rich bama alum who is having legal or regulatory problems with the feds,

-XCh2KvdxO8Afqs7rx7j4SWYvqEr7lmNDLwI5c1x

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, chainsaw said:

If you watch that episode, Vonn says that Kamala's people have reached out and he is interested in having her on. So I wouldn't be surprised if she comes on.

She would treat him or Rogan like a naughty but redeemable nephew and it would go over great. That's the story that show's whole demographic tells itself: "I'm the loveable rascal who exasperates the women in my life, but they love me anyway".  I think it is completely in Kamala's wheelhouse to be the favorite aunt who smacks your hand for trying to sneak a taste before the table is set and tells you to get the hell out of her kitchen, with a smile. A great opportunity to dampen enthusiasm against her in that audience, and maybe to win some voters she couldn't convince through any other means.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

radical senate r’s already coming out saying they won’t confirm Harris Supreme Court nominees 

Come On Wow GIF by BrownSugarApp

If it 51-49, they can pick off Murkowski or Collins pretty easily.  Only need 50 to pass a SCOTUS nominee.  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

the storm washed out the hillbillies, not the cities and university towns 

the people hit the hardest were already voting for trump and don’t forget ….

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If it 51-49, they can pick off Murkowski or Collins pretty easily.  Only need 50 to pass a SCOTUS nominee.  

If republicans get 51 or more seats can they reinstate the 60 threshold for scotus nominees by simple majority?

Edited by 'stache

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If republicans get 51 or more seats can they reinstate the 60 threshold for scotus nominees?

They could, but they didn't the times they held the Senate for 5 years from 2015 to the end of 2020. 

it really doesn't matter bc Senate Majority Leader Cruz wouldn't even bring it up for a vote.

Edited by Js1

If Harris wins, and the R's take back the senate, I'm hopeful that some Rs will realize Trump is a loser, and they don't have to pander to him anymore becuase he's not going to live to be President again, and they'll actually start behaving like functional adults. Just enough to confirm justices. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Of course Trump toured an area heavily damaged by a Hurricane to run on the issue of....how bad brown and black people are.

Because of course, if there's one thing we've learned, an area hit with a large-scale natural disaster that is going to need tens of billions of dollars worth of reconstruction and rehabilitation work over the next several years DEFINITELY wants to make sure that no brown or black people show up to do that work.  When you've got thousands of structures to be built, the only smart move is to put up giant signs that say "MEXICANS - STAY AWAY!"  Duh.

Edited by Brisketexan

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

"No doubt?"

They've been negative coverage of Harris non-stop - from their vendetta against Biden not doing an interview with them to determine if he was mentally capable of being POTUS for another 4 years, to even her spurning them for non-traditional media sit-downs and CNN/MSNBC instead. 

I half figured a no endorsement over Trump.  The NYT has acted like a jilted ex spouse when it comes to Biden/Harris.

Do you actually read the NYT? Or just the pitchbot?

I think you are a good poster, but this post is horseshit. 

I get hyperbole to make a point, and yes, there are legitimate criticisms to be made about the NYT, but literally every phrase in the above post is an exaggeration to the point of just being wrong. 

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I get hyperbole to make a point, and yes, there are legitimate criticisms to be made about the NYT, but literally every phrase in the above post is an exaggeration to the point of just being wrong. 

I mean, I'm a Times subscriber and I think he is dead accurate.

4 minutes ago, G650 said:

I mean, I'm a Times subscriber and I think he is dead accurate.

HYPERBOLE!!!!

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

No I don’t read newspapers, obviously. I’m very uninformed. 

nene GIF

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

On 9/28/2024 at 12:01 PM, BrickHorn said:

That’s not how non-religious works. The non-religious are not a coherent group, defined by a common identity and creed. It’s just a bunch of individuals who look at groups that meet weekly to reinforce their shared delusions and think “Fuck that weird shit.” We don’t sit in some massive hall every Sunday and talk about how much we all don’t believe in fairy tales or discuss plans to evangelize for critical thinking. We just each wake up and do our own thing, individually going about our days without wasting time thinking how best to confirm our lives to the perceived commands of some boring work of fantasy fiction.

The non-religious will always be at a distinct organizational disadvantage compared to pretty much any cult. 

Oh, I agree completely. Maybe I should have elaborated. 

In a MAGA-Christian ruled America, the non-religious may have no choice but to organize politically before it it too late -- if they want to live peacefully in America or even stay alive. The clear pattern is already set with women fleeing states for their lives to get reproductive health care. A total abortion ban will have women fleeing the country, if they can afford it. Get out of the country is one of the express goals of MAGA-Project 2025.

Next up are mass deportations of immigrants from anywhere on Earth south of the Rio Grande. Out of the country! 

The MAGA-Project 2025-Seven Mountains goal is a Christian-fascist theocracy 100% bent upon obliterating what's left of the "Wall" between Church and State (as spelled out in the first right in the First Amendment). It's a 21st century Medieval America, where the First Amendment gives way to the Second Amendment.

Thus, it should be no surprise when the Christian fascists come after other non-conforming, non-Medieval groups -- including atheists, agnostics, and the non-religious -- with their violence-backed Bible thumping. Believe in God or get out of America! So they will want to deport the atheists, too. Or just string'em up and be done with them. The hangman's rope on January 6 out front should be the warning.

[ Don't tell Merrick Garland, though. He's busy going after Google... Apparently a digital advertising monopoly is more dangerous than a religious monopoly. ]

Edited by BevoAbyss

3 hours ago, wood said:

100% agree. I think there will be far more Republicans voting for Harris than many people believe or than the polls indicate. 

Ever since Dobbs, Dems have outperformed their polling by 5-8 points.

If Florida goes Harris, we’ll know by 8 pm CST due to them counting early votes and absentees before Election Day.

Is anyone else seeing the Kamala changes her mind a lot, but one thing she hasn't and won't change her mind on is Israel commercial during football? 

It is playing itself as a Pro Harris ad but seems very back handed with the "compliments" if not subtle insults. Then it dawned on me that there is a large contingent of Arabs in my metro area. Interesting.

I looked for the ad on YT but couldn't find it. 

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Ever since Dobbs, Dems have outperformed their polling by 5-8 points.

If Florida goes Harris, we’ll know by 8 pm CST due to them counting early votes and absentees before Election Day.

There was a study that between 30-55% of GOP voters will pull the leveL in favor of these abortion referendums/amendments. She only needs to peel off a small chunk of them 

36 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Is anyone else seeing the Kamala changes her mind a lot, but one thing she hasn't and won't change her mind on is Israel commercial during football? 

It is playing itself as a Pro Harris ad but seems very back handed with the "compliments" if not subtle insults. Then it dawned on me that there is a large contingent of Arabs in my metro area. Interesting.

I looked for the ad on YT but couldn't find it. 

Find out what PAC it is and you'll have your answer