2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

That’s less than ideal

Estimates aren’t polls. It’s some statistical analysis from their national poll. They don’t get counted as “polls”

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

"It's the flu" was the one I always chuckled at.

Do any of you understand what a motherfucking killing machine the flu is when a fairly novel or highly virulent strain of it hits?  

I did my own research!

- Some dead trump supporter 

15 hours ago, Tuco said:

The one poll that shows Trump leading in PA, AtlasIntel, has Trump with a slight lead with men and leading with women by 6-7.  

538 is showing another poll that shows Trump with a lead in Pennsylvania.  The polling company is Patriot Polling.  It is run by two college sophomores.  They started it two years ago, when they were in high school, as part of young leaders organization.    

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Might be anecdotal, but sure seems like Elon has taken off any attempt to curate Twitter feeds based on activity and are just actively pumping pure right wing nonsense to everyone.  Just nonstop bullshit from the moment I logged on today.

He's absolutely doing that - I've got an account just to follow Ukraine and some sports stuff, and a couple of professional accounts I had to spin back up fro a website, and none of them have ever liked or retweeted or anything involving alt-right bullshit, but in the notifications Leon is promoting the hell out of MAGA.

The amusing thing is with all of that money in the world, he and the people who are being promoted on twitter come off as incels.  Just absolute losers.

Leon has no excuse, he should be on a yacht in the Mediterranean or Caribbean with a bunch of hotties, not trying to get a bunch of bots and basement-dwelling MAGA types to like him.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Here's the map of flooding

Severe flooding from Helene hits western NC; App State/Liberty game  canceled | WAVY.com

here's the map of voting.  obviously, western NC is blue Asheville and red elsewhere.

North Carolina Election Results 2020: Maps show how state voted for  president

Man, I can literally pick out multiple NASCAR and short-track racetracks on that map.

No, seriously, I can.

13 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'll give you the first personal example I can think of. 

I play in an annual golf tournament with 40 dudes that are all around 40-50 years old. Vast majority went to private school, grew up in classic conservative families, married with multiple kids, and work in O&G, attorneys, private equity, etc.  Honestly I truly like all of them, but I'd guess that at least 75% are Trump voters (we don't talk politics on this trip, thankfully). 

Every one of them smokes weed or takes gummies. Don't think it would change many of their votes, but it's a no brainer to loudly be pro-marijuana. 

I thought one of the major reasons to support legalization is that it would get legally reclassified so that actual medical research can be done on it.

10 hours ago, Underdog said:

Batman is a Harris/Walz fan... 

Today I learned that Keaton isn't his surname (it's Douglas, which created an obvious conflict), that he grew up in Pittsburgh, and that one of his first professional gigs was on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood as one of the Flying Zookeeni Brothers:

David Newell on X: "Michael Keaton and Flying Zookeeni brothers. He has a  connection to working on the neighborhood in the earlier days. It's where  he got his start and Fred said

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

"It's the flu" was the one I always chuckled at.

Do any of you understand what a motherfucking killing machine the flu is when a fairly novel or highly virulent strain of it hits?  

. . . and more Americans died of Covid in the first 2 months of the pandemic than die in a bad flu year.  One year in, almost 10X as many had died.  No big deal.

• Hook 'Em 1