2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

We seriously need some real campaign finance reform in this country. When Walz was announced I bought a yard sign and gave a little on top and ever since I get a dozen texts and emails every single day just begging for me to give a little bit more. I can definitely see people who don’t follow politics much but found a reason this cycle to give $25 being completely turned off and reverting to a “both sides” mentality because it really does feel just about money. No wonder voter participation in this country is so low.

Plus I still haven't received my fuckin' camo hat going on a month and a half now. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952uzri0thswm1hycewx8v

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

44 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

You’re not exactly the Democrats target audience - and like me (46, white, and live in the neighborhood where gov wheels went door knocking) - will not get much, if any effort at all.

Don’t disagree with that. I was more just pointing out that the Trump campaign is definitely putting money into PA. One of the few places where his campaign is on par with Kamala’s spending. 

they know that they absolutely have to crush the independent suburban white male vote or they have no chance to win PA. And I’m perfectly fine with them spending as much money as they want trying to get my vote. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Along the lines of interesting advertising, we've been getting what I believe are Vietnamese ads for Kamala on certain platforms.  I'd recently read that the Democratic campaign has placed a real emphasis on the Asian American vote here in specifically Atlanta.  We only see these on certain platforms, like Hulu and Pluto, but it's clear there is an effort.  I know a lot of people use different platforms to get news and shows from back home, so I guess that's part of this.  Considering that every election in Georgia is so close, I really like this strategy.  We do have a large Asian first and second generation community here, so there is a real opportunity for meaningful pickups with this.  

• Hook 'Em 3

I haven’t been paying super close attention to who is paying for it. The tv ad I see the most is paid for by Donald J Trump for president 2024, inc.

and it s a doozy. Kamala is guaranteeing tax payer funded transgender surgeries for inmates and illegals. I see it constantly while watching football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, heso said:

I haven’t been paying super close attention to who is paying for it. The tv ad I see the most is paid for by Donald J Trump for president 2024, inc.

and it s a doozy. Kamala is guaranteeing tax payer funded transgender surgeries for inmates and illegals. I see it constantly while watching football.

That's the algorithm tracking what you view online

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

I don't want to start drinking coolaid, but it again tells me that maybe pollsters are herding in swing states.

They are but we don't have much bellwether district or county-level polling to really tell us anything. 

I keep beating that drum too. Several decades ago everyone watched the same network news. So we more or less believed the same things. Now it's all over the map. Yes, there are a lot of stupid people. But people believe what they see and hear. So when they get locked into a social echo chamber and watch propagandized news, this is what we get. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

They are but we don't have much bellwether district or county-level polling to really tell us anything. 

Well the two NE-02 polls showing her just killing him there. Suburban shift 

• Hook 'Em 2

I keep beating that drum too. Several decades ago everyone watched the same network news. So we more or less believed the same things. Now it's all over the map. Yes, there are a lot of stupid people. But people believe what they see and hear. So when they get locked into a social echo chamber and watch propagandized news, this is what we get. 

We need a new version of the fairness act, that somehow is updated to include the innerwebz. I leave it to the big brains to sort out how.
  • Hook 'Em 9

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

We need a new version of the fairness act, that somehow is updated to include the innerwebz. I leave it to the big brains to sort out how.

this plus repeal citizen's united, increase scotus seats, and abolish the electoral college and *voilà* republic saved

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, heso said:

From my perspective in PA as a 40 year old, middle class, suburban, white male, registered independent, I get FAR more messaging from Trump than from Harris. TV ads are probably 2-1. YouTube ads are probably 10-1. I get a physical mailer every single day. Those are probably 80% anti Harris, 20% anti Casey. I haven’t gotten a single mailer from the Dem candidates. 

There is absolutely zero pro Trump messaging. The message that I get bombarded with constantly is that there are marauding hordes of illegal immigrant criminals pillaging the country raping and murdering everyone while also getting everyone addicted to fentanyl, and Kamala is in favor of it. Somehow they’re also stealing everyone’s jobs, driving up the cost of homes, food, and healthcare. Also bob casey is responsible for inflation. 

They may not have people on the ground, but they are absolutely making sure people see their message. 

Well, someone should make the Harris Campaign aware that this is an important election and Pennsylvania is an important swing state.

2 hours ago, heso said:

From my perspective in PA as a 40 year old, middle class, suburban, white male, registered independent, I get FAR more messaging from Trump than from Harris. TV ads are probably 2-1. YouTube ads are probably 10-1. I get a physical mailer every single day. Those are probably 80% anti Harris, 20% anti Casey. I haven’t gotten a single mailer from the Dem candidates. 

There is absolutely zero pro Trump messaging. The message that I get bombarded with constantly is that there are marauding hordes of illegal immigrant criminals pillaging the country raping and murdering everyone while also getting everyone addicted to fentanyl, and Kamala is in favor of it. Somehow they’re also stealing everyone’s jobs, driving up the cost of homes, food, and healthcare. Also bob casey is responsible for inflation. 

They may not have people on the ground, but they are absolutely making sure people see their message. 

I don't agree with it, but the Harris campaign has you on a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet says you're white and independent. The data gurus project that, if you do bother to show up and vote, you're more likely to vote for Trump. That's why Trump is lovebombing you (he needs you, BIGLY) and Harris wouldn't lose sleep if you forgot to show up and vote (since they have you pegged as likely to vote Trump).

It's bizarre to me since all her messaging has been trying to court moderates, so you would think her ground game would be aligned with that messaging, but here we are.

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Love me some Kaitlan Collins. I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, whatever room she ever finds herself in, she's probably almost always the smartest person there. She knows what these clueless rubes are gonna say before they do, and she's ready to respond before they can even spit it out.

I'd love to see her in a debate. When she's done, there would just be a smoking hole where the other person had been standing.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this plus repeal citizen's united, increase scotus seats, and abolish the electoral college and *voilà* republic saved

Give Kamala a Democratic Congress, and the Judiciary Act of 2025 is going to be a banger.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

5 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I don't agree with it, but the Harris campaign has you on a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet says you're white and independent. The data gurus project that, if you do bother to show up and vote, you're more likely to vote for Trump. That's why Trump is lovebombing you (he needs you, BIGLY) and Harris wouldn't lose sleep if you forgot to show up and vote (since they have you pegged as likely to vote Trump).

It's bizarre to me since all her messaging has been trying to court moderates, so you would think her ground game would be aligned with that messaging, but here we are.

@heso I'm not prying, but if you've maybe voted in a GOP primary in the past, or gone to a GOP fundraiser or signed a pro business/right leaning petition, you are on a list that is being sold and resold 100 times.  The Maryland Democrats are so deep in my fucking DMs right now that I'm considering a restraing order. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Good polling today

Leading in 6/7 swing states by Cook Political
+4 in WI by an A+ pollster
+5, +3, +3 nationally in the 3 that came out today
Texas poll by Scott Rasmussen that showed her at 46% (no real change from 2020 on that front)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

57 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well the two NE-02 polls showing her just killing him there. Suburban shift 

Yeah, but I think there are extenuating circumstances contributing to that. They are PISSED at the attempt to take their EV away and it's reflected in the polls there.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Yeah, but I think there are extenuating circumstances contributing to that. They are PISSED at the attempt to take their EV away and it's reflected in the polls there.

I mean, we will see, but I think the suburbs are going further blue, which does not bode well for Trump. 

21 hours ago, C-Man said:

Stipe might be a Boomer but R.E.M. belongs to Gen X. 😁

And Gen X created the "mix tape" -- the OG playlists.

Dude, we (friends) were making mix tapes in 1977. We weren’t the first to do it, either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Along the lines of interesting advertising, we've been getting what I believe are Vietnamese ads for Kamala on certain platforms.  I'd recently read that the Democratic campaign has placed a real emphasis on the Asian American vote here in specifically Atlanta.  We only see these on certain platforms, like Hulu and Pluto, but it's clear there is an effort.  I know a lot of people use different platforms to get news and shows from back home, so I guess that's part of this.  Considering that every election in Georgia is so close, I really like this strategy.  We do have a large Asian first and second generation community here, so there is a real opportunity for meaningful pickups with this.  

speaking of...

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

speaking of...

I welcome any chance for this country to come together and act as people based who judge each other on nothing other than their character. I appreciate this effort and agree it's an opportunity to be seized. but i disagree it might be our only chance. we can at any point decide to stop being assholes - we don't have to wait for elections to do it

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

It's like with anything you try to ask Trump or Vance about, they can talk and whine about their grievances but don't you dare ask them about it because they're focused on the future...while bitching non-stop about the past. It's an easy question. Your candidate didn't want to leave office last time. Why should voters think he won't do that again when he can't even agree that he lost the first time even though everyone outside of MAGA knows he did? 

Well, there's that little detail where Trump isn't in office.  Of course, he'll throw even bigger fits and try to slug it out in the courts, etc.