2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

It's Cocktober!!!  Count me as a bit dubious after a Senate and Presidential run, now new information has come to light, dude. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13898791/Kamala-Harris-husband-Doug-Emhoff-accused-ex-girlfriend-slap.html

Well, I’m definitely not gonna vote for him then

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Mine arrived w/ my camo koozies last Saturday.
d975ed01e5b4ce2998eb053b997dc19b.jpg

Tim Walz wants to know when the last time you changed the batteries in that smoke detector, buddy. 

38 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Watching this again...it's insane just how much more composed and in control Trump was in 2020. And he's completely unhinged in this clip. But he's 10 times worse and more out of control than he was just 4 yeas ago. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, locodos said:

My ballot appeared in the mail today.  

Hide contents

And I'd like to point out it got here well before any of your camo hats!  Checkmate nerds!

Got my hat last week.  I've mostly worn it around the house.  Really thought of wearing it to the UT game, but I'm not a pathetic dickhead who wants to politics-up my football.  I'll wear it when I'm out and about this weekend, though.

5 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This space reserved for YGIFS

Man....among the many sad things to come from his death, Frank Stallone dropping COMPLETELY off the pop culture radar may be among the saddest.

• Hook 'Em 6

Trump raised $160m in September.  Not a huge amount that featured a debate and another shooter in his vicinity. 

Kamala's numbers not out yet, but likely north of $250m and approaching or exceeding $300m headed into the home stretch. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

“The executive branch,” prosecutors wrote, “has no authority or function to choose the next president.” I'm excited to see how the textualists Calvinball this one.

"Thats why they're presecutors and we're judges" - The Supreme Court, probably. 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I know this isn't a new thought, but it was a reminder to me of a larger problem than Trump/MAGA that affects everyone.

One of my closest friends (a lifelong contrarian and conspiratorial thinker) sent me a tweet showing Kamala on her plane in a photo op where she is accused of a staged photo writing on blank pieces of paper with her earbuds not plugged in to her phone. The tweeter said it reminded them of a scene from VEEP. My friend knows how much I love VEEP (he's never seen it) and it was a truly lighthearted text he expected I would laugh at. He knows I'm very liberal and we usually chat about sports, but there was nothing nefarious.

What I got out of it the most is my friend and I are consuming completely different information. I'm sure if I grabbed his phone and scanned his Twitter feed, there would be ZERO crossover politically. Modern technology has completely removed the media monoculture we experienced in the 20th century. We all sit here incredulous that people can be pro-Trump based on his media clips and everything else. But I'd bet that the vast majority of his people don't see what we see. And vice versa. I know I'm on the "right" side of this election, but 95% of what I consume is showing Kamala/Dems in the best light. I notice the half-truths and out of context BS from Dem accounts, and it's pretty frustrating, but it's clearly WAY worse on the right.

It's such a dangerous way for society to receive and process information. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, MSM, podcasts...the algorithm will only feed you what you want to hear. And I don't see a realistic solution. It seems it will only get worse. 

And this doesn’t even factor in the voluntary information self-selection done by parking a tv on News Nation or Fox News all day and hearing that shit..

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

I get five or six messages a day and multiple emails. It has seriously made me regret giving to any campaign. They need to dial that shit down.

I threw a little bit of cash to the Justins in Tennessee when they got fucked over.  I guess since I'm not in their district or state for that matter they were thankful for the donation and left it at that.  Zero begging for more from either of them and I appreciate it.

I donated $100 during the White Dudes for Harris conference call and it's been non-stop begging for more, more, more.  I swear I may never donate another fucking dime to a candidate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I donated $100 during the White Dudes for Harris conference call and it's been non-stop begging for more, more, more.

I don’t know if you’ve seen their ad created with $10m of the donations but it’s terrible.  You should ask for your money back.  

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

I don’t know if you’ve seen their ad created with $10m of the donations but it’s terrible.  You should ask for your money back.  

My donation went through the ActBlue link so I feel confident my money didn't go to their ad.  It hope it went to something more useful like a sandwich spread at the Pen Argyl, PA headquarters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Watching this again...it's insane just how much more composed and in control Trump was in 2020. And he's completely unhinged in this clip. But he's 10 times worse and more out of control than he was just 4 yeas ago. 

Trump is low-energy these days - he seems to be getting more and more winded, and unlike 2020, he seems to struggle a bit going over an hour.  It's weird - this is his speech yesterday, and at times he'd be animated, and other times, he needed a pick-me-up.  He was getting sweaty as well.

low-energy.thumb.jpg.595912c2e8f19fb7a0628ccb9c321ad7.jpg

• Haha 7

34 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

At this point, you have to wonder if RFK has one of the strongest games on the planet.  There's no other explanation.

Naw. That’s the worm running the show 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4