2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The reason I feel that Harris is definitely going to win is that I’ve never in my lifetime seen members of the opposing party supporting a candidate at this level. I feel like the never-trumpers this cycle should at least offset or possibly even exceed the trump-only cultists.

Forgot to add that she will be doing a rally with Liz Cheney today in Ripon, WI, the birthplace of the Republican Party in 1854

• Hook 'Em 4

Walz had a great line that I don’t see mentioned much when responding to the “states should decide.” He said individual freedoms shouldn’t be determined by geography. Looks like Melania agrees. Not that she really cares, that jacket is probably still in her closet.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tuco said:

"The former first lady stated it was a position she has held for years, but has been reinforced by getting to know Eric and Don, Jr."

She supports abortion through the 150th trimester. That must be where trump is getting "they're killing them after birth."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is this a parody?

image.png.96f2076d3675ea06c190149a801c6b31.png

image.png.8ae9604394ae6694ca8caf78f16c1602.png

From 2019: Trump suggests shooting migrants BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49901878

Eye liner and eye shadow?

image.png.f5b6bcced72e14d9bacfca2c9ffc74ab.png

Has he come out (unintentional word choice) against drag shows? He's pretty close to putting one on himself.

Well Momma Ru Paul says, we’re born naked and the rest is drag. His drag performance is that of a small government conservative when, in reality, underneath is a christo-fascist nationalist 

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Fuck her. She's a horrible person too.

Yep.  This feels like an attempt to soften Trumps anti-choice position by having his wife (for the time being) come out and support a woman's right to choose.  She is still the same racist birther asshole who didn't say a word or lift a finger to help when she was first-lady.  Why the fuck should anyone care what she thinks now?

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I appreciate Hutchinson speaking out against Trump with clarity and thoughtfulness. 

Victor Shi calling her an "American hero" is absolutely ridiculous, and you see this kind of language from rah rah Dems too often. I hate it. Coming to your senses and doing the right thing is not heroic. Stop treating a clear moral issue as some incredible hurdle to climb. 

Oh, and of course she's written a book. It'd be nice if former Trumpers speaking out would do so without trying to financially gain something from it. 

• Hook 'Em 6

26 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yep.  This feels like an attempt to soften Trumps anti-choice position by having his wife (for the time being) come out and support a woman's right to choose.  She is still the same racist birther asshole who didn't say a word or lift a finger to help when she was first-lady.  Why the fuck should anyone care what she thinks now?

I agree.  But I think it's stupid.  It's not something the undecided voter is going to notice.  The pro-choicers won't give a shit.  The only group that will notice and care is the prolife faction, and to them it will be another gut punch. This is a topic that Trump should be avoiding, not evolving his image on. And while the prolife faction is not near a majority, they are sizable and they aren't prone to nuance.

41 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So his wife is a baby murderer and his running mate's wife is a "darkie." Just more examples that policy and principles mean nothing to "conservative" voters.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hey undecided voters. Melania is saying that you too can be completely for a woman's right to choose while voting for the person who contributed to taking that right away and will work to make it a nationwide ban. It should all work out if you're rich or out of child bearing age. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I clearly missed this yesterday 

Not new.

And also.....if you published that plan and told them "this is what China is trying to do," 1) it would be kinda accurate (creating cities out of whole cloth is a thing they've actually tried to do), and 2) they would freak out, bug-eyed, condemning it as commie central planning bullshit and such.

But Trump proposes it, and it should be added to the Bible as a new gospel.

The dumbest.  Fucking.  People.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not new.

And also.....if you published that plan and told them "this is what China is trying to do," 1) it would be kinda accurate (creating cities out of whole cloth is a thing they've actually tried to do), and 2) they would freak out, bug-eyed, condemning it as commie central planning bullshit and such.

But Trump proposes it, and it should be added to the Bible as a new gospel.

The dumbest.  Fucking.  People.

Tech bros have been wanting and trying to do this for years.  Several planned tech future cities "planned" in Cali.  I'm guessing Trump is excited about a grift on the federal funding, free federal land, and getting his name on a bunch of stuff.

It always amazes me how organic cities and communities work so much better than PUDs 

Edited by locodos
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, 'stache said:

My guess is she's "full-throated" plenty in her life none of which are her current husband.

image.png.bfc872a1b2bfffb08d4ae37098890736.png

The only thing she's ever done full-throated is suck dick for money.

Which is actually the most honorable thing she's ever done.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I clearly missed this yesterday 

From the party of "limited government".  And, as someone has already pointed out, exactly what China has attempted with little success and lots of wasted capital.  Brilliant!

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

White women, please. I’m begging you don’t fall for this shit again

I don't know how to tell you this, but JD has the perfect amount of guyliner for self loathing trapped in the closet white dudes.  White women don't want their couch cushions all tussled around.  They just got harvest set out of storage.

Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

"The former first lady stated it was a position she has held for years, but has been reinforced by getting to know Eric and Don, Jr."

send them to one of those states that allows post both abortions 

Abigail Shrier has been trying to become American JK Rowling. She’s not worth listening to 

From 2018 through 2020, Shrier wrote opinion pieces for the Wall Street Journal. In 2020, Shrier’s book Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters[7][8] was published by Regnery Publishing. The book supports the socially mediated gender dysphoria hypothesis.[a][9][10]: ch 2  Shrier has previously criticised individuals who use the singular they, comparing it to idol worship.[11][12] Shrier appeared on the Joe Rogan Experience to discuss her views on transgender people.[13] Her book has proved controversial for its views about transgenderissues[14][9] and has been described by the author[15] and other commentators as subject to a campaign of censorship

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

IMG_2200.thumb.webp.4d639993d64750ef4a03c845a99c51c5.webp

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Wow, Vance looks like a totally normal human standing there giving prepared remarks. Totally unlike his awful disgusting non-human behavior we've seen in every other situation. I'm sold!"

The media is definitely doing this. 

So I guess this is where the "abortion after birth" thing is coming from, as expected, complete fucking bullshit. It concerns late term abortions that are not elective but for medical reasons and involving horrific circumstances that nobody wants or expects. So of course they just refer to it as regular old baby killing. Fuck these people.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fact-check-vp-debate-2024/?fbclid=IwY2xjawFrnDZleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHa_bT94OwhHhkGlhl9nSZUseSg4uLx3B2q1x96wszPsDhVaIK7dJal460A_aem_DIr4I7U_Tb4Wk1eGPA2mvA

Misleading: Vance says Minnesota law Walz signed says "a doctor that presides over an abortion where the baby survives, the doctor is under no obligation to provide life-saving care to a baby who survives a botched, late-term abortion."

Vance: "The Minnesota law you signed into law, the statute that you signed into law, it says that a doctor that presides over an abortion where the baby survives, the doctor is under no obligation to provide life-saving care to a baby who survives a botched, late-term abortion."

Details: Vance's statement omits key context about the law. In 2023, Walz signed a bill that updated state law regarding medical care for infants "born alive" as a result of an abortion. Both the previous and updated law state that an infant "born alive shall be fully recognized as a human person, and accorded immediate protection under the law."  

Previously, the law required medical professionals to take all reasonable measures to "preserve the life and health of the born alive infant." After the update, medical personnel are required to take all reasonable measures "to care for the infant who is born alive" —  a change advocates say allows parents of infants not expected to survive to forgo extraordinary and futile interventions. 

Late-term abortions typically occur to save the mother's life or when families are facing situations where the fetus is unlikely to survive long after birth. The Minnesota Department of Health reported eight infants "born alive" from 2019 to 2022. According to the records, three of those infants were classified as "previable" or not developed enough to survive outside the uterus; three were provided "comfort care as planned;" and two had fetal anomalies.

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Doesn’t feel very secretive 

Uh yeah, they don't love Trump, they love the ratings he brings, because every day was chaos and people watched the news.

The media loves profitable things and Trump delivers that.  Boring Joe Biden and boring Kamala Harris won't.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Girl getting her post-divorce bag for 2025.

I'm guessing she renegotiated her contract sometime in 2023 when it became a little weird--even in Trump world--that she was completely invisible. If he loses in November, I wonder what the terms are. "Mutual, amicable" public divorce and the password to one of his donation slush funds?