2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm guessing she renegotiated her contract sometime in 2023 when it became a little weird--even in Trump world--that she was completely invisible. If he loses in November, I wonder what the terms are. "Mutual, amicable" public divorce and the password to one of his donation slush funds?

Part of me thinks she fucked up waiting this long because now Barron is 18, so no child support, but I'm guessing they agreed to stay together until after the 2024 election and she will get some sort of settlement, but she's going to have to get her bag with the book and TV deals to keep up her lifestyle.

I assume her Secret Service boyfriend only makes low 6 figs.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Part of me thinks she fucked up waiting this long because now Barron is 18, so no child support, but I'm guessing they agreed to stay together until after the 2024 election and she will get some sort of settlement, but she's going to have to get her bag with the book and TV deals to keep up her lifestyle.

I assume that she's got enough blackmail information that she'll have a very nice settlement and allowance into perpetuity. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

I hope she hires people practiced in the art of squeezing blood from turnips.

I think she has some Russian contacts that would happily squeeze this particular turnip.

And I'm here for it. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

The reason I feel that Harris is definitely going to win is that I’ve never in my lifetime seen members of the opposing party supporting a candidate at this level. I feel like the never-trumpers this cycle should at least offset or possibly even exceed the trump-only cultists.

100% this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The early vote tracker for Wisconsin looks good so far - Milwaukee is outdoing Madison, and Dems usually do really well statewide when Milwaukee goes HAM.  The times Dems struggle in Wisconsin is when Milwaukee doesn't do enough.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She’ll sell herself off to some Saudi Shiek.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Not new.

And also.....if you published that plan and told them "this is what China is trying to do," 1) it would be kinda accurate (creating cities out of whole cloth is a thing they've actually tried to do), and 2) they would freak out, bug-eyed, condemning it as commie central planning bullshit and such.

But Trump proposes it, and it should be added to the Bible as a new gospel.

The dumbest.  Fucking.  People.

Yeah my instant reaction to that was that it sounded like what I read in history books at UT about Marx & Lenin in Russia. Forty years ago, hell even 25 years ago if he had spouted that crap to a group of Republicans, the response would have overwhelmingly been something along the lines of "GTFO with that Communist bullshit". 

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah my instant reaction to that was that it sounded like what I read in history books at UT about Marx & Lenin in Russia.

What's weird about it is that I don't think it plays particularly well to his base.  I don't think the residents of Bumfuck, USA are looking for another city.  

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well he finally answered the question. Put it in an ad along with his non-answer at the debate. 

Aside from anything else, this alone makes him completely unfit for VP. 

Edit: And these aren't exactly gotcha questions, or trick questions. Who won the last election, and will you concede the election if you lose. Vance laughs him off and insults him. 

Edited by Red Five
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sure there is a Sergei, pavel, or bin-Mohammed out there for her. 

She’s gonna have more Arab hands on her than that crystal Orb thingy 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

No but some Russian oligarch is and they trophy hunt.

Maverick (1994) - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and  Video Games

1 minute ago, Todd Gack said:

Buying more of the youth vote weeks before the election (pending add'l Supreme Court fuckery)....

spacer.png

Technically he tried to buy those votes year ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Todd Gack said:

Buying more of the youth vote weeks before the election (pending add'l Supreme Court fuckery)....

spacer.png

I am a little concerned this will do more harm with the labor and others than it will help with those it helps. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I am a little concerned this will do more harm with the labor and others than it will help with those it helps. 

I've never liked this policy.  It's a hand out to the highly educated at the expense of the less educated.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I've never liked this policy.  It's a hand out to the highly educated at the expense of the less educated.  

Well, in a Silo, maybe. I view it more as a rebuke of predatory college lending. That being said, Biden has worked hard to make huge incentives for folks to go to trade school, affordably and manufacturing industries in general. How is this not a boon to labor, and over worked laborers?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

If anyone is worried about that kind of spin then just have Harris announce Farm Loan Forgiveness as a major platform plank. I mean they already get assistance but pull a page out of the Trump playbook and act like you invented it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I don't think it'll be big news and there will be a lawsuit in Missouri that gets us back to the status quo within a week.

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, in a Silo, maybe. I view it more as a rebuke of predatory college lending. That being said, Biden has worked hard to make huge incentives for folks to go to trade school, affordably and manufacturing industries in general. How is this not a boon to labor, and over worked laborers?

You and I both know the electorate is too dumb for this.

6 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Yep

"This is significant."

No, it's not. 

Nothing short of Trump calling Kamala the hard "-er" will pull people off of Trump at this point. And, even then, it would just mean Kamala would win PA by a more comfortable 3-4%.

The only way to sway people is getting them to like Kamala and feel okay with voting for her. There's no October surprise big enough to be the last straw for people who weren't completely done with him after witnessing Nov 4, 2020 - Jan 6, 2021.

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

"This is significant."

No, it's not. 

Nothing short of Trump calling Kamala the hard "-er" will pull people off of Trump at this point. And, even then, it would just mean Kamala would win PA by a more comfortable 3-4%.

The only way to sway people is getting them to like Kamala and feel okay with voting for her. There's no October surprise big enough to be the last straw for people who weren't completely done with him after witnessing Nov 4, 2020 - Jan 6, 2021.

If you are supporting Trump at this point, the hard R will only increase enthusiasm. What is he offering anyone but a promise to hurt brown people?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It is so depressing that this election is close.

Not everyone believes this is as close as the media is telling you it is.  A close race gets eyeballs. 

Every pollster is terrified of being wrong again, whether it's 2016/2020 or 2022, that they are likely overcompensating to get the results they want.  "We told you it could go either way and it did!" as they publish the 18th poll showing a swing state as +1 Harris / tie / +1 Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Student loan forgiveness also does nothing to address rising tuition costs for current and future college students. 

Rising tuition costs isn’t something the federal government can solve really. Rising tuition is a direct result of less funding from state governments. 

I just sent this to my parents. They do not like Kamala, for whatever reason. Probably becuase she has a D behind her name. I point blank told them that they need to drag their heads out of their asses.  This got sent today.

Trump plays politics with disaster funds...

Basically, if it is a Democrat asking, or a state that voted for his opponent, like in 2017, they are shit out of luck. This is not the way the President of the US is supposed to act, especially in light of a disaster.  Aren't you glad, as Texans, that Biden did not do that after the freeze in 2021?

As good Christians, we are supposed to help those in need.  I hope on November 5th, you both realize that this isn't the guy needed to lead this country, and you either hold your nose and vote Harris/Walz or stay home.

https://www.eenews.net/articles/helene-isnt-the-first-time-trump-inserted-politics-into-a-natural-disaster/

image.png

And this isn't the first time.  See the response to NC for Hurricane Matthew in 2017.

North Carolina will receive less than 1 percent of the federal funds it requested to cover damages associated with Hurricane Matthew, which hit the East Coast in October.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

"Don't count the lies, count the I's"

Edit to add, this was originally a superbowl commercial talking about how awesome and holy farmers are right?  I am curious if any of them are annoyed that he just bumped them out of their slot.

Edited by Tuco