2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

22 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Brave of you to assume the average American possesses the critical thinking skills needed to analyze that information. In reality, most will just think “Biden = president, forgiveness = blocked, therefore Biden is at fault. #MAGA”

IMG_3450.gif.43d2f6b6d701808f2daee1e520a32334.gif

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

While I agree, and he could say 2020 was stolen from him, but if he loses to a black woman? 2 straight losses to sleepy Joe and Comrade Harris? He’s cooked. You will see the knives come out from the ones who want to run - Cruz, Vance, Haley, etc 

Until they and their families start receiving death threats from Trump’s goons and they’ll fall right back in line like Lindsey Graham.

You can’t think of it like a political party. It’s a cult. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Student loan forgiveness also does nothing to address rising tuition costs for current and future college students. 

It's a fucking racket between the banks who own Congress and the colleges and universities. We can make tuition anything we want it to be and you, my friend, can borrow to come here.

It's criminal. I graduated Texas with no debt because it wasn't expensive to attend here once you got in.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

You’d think the GOP nominee’s wife coming out as full on pro choice would be a bigger deal.  Welp, throw it on the pile.

Performative BS. I don’t think they would let her put that out without full approval from Team Trump.
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It's a fucking racket between the banks who own Congress and the colleges and universities. We can make tuition anything we want it to be and you, my friend, can borrow to come here.

It's criminal...

This is 100% spot on.

I will add that skyrocketing tuition is the morally bankrupt legacy of:

-- the mostly liberal Boomers running the universities the past 25-30 years and building up layer upon layer of highly paid bureaucracy (however good the intentions)... far out-pacing the hiring of actual faculty. 

-- and the mostly conservative Boomers-GenXers who are anti-intellectual politicians who hate/envy/sneer at higher ed, don't want to fully fund it ... and want to penalize those who desire to attend college. (Like those poor women who can't get an abortion and are forced to give birth and then get no financial help from the govt.)

Plus, college campuses now must have lots of bells, whistles, and cool media things to attract the screen-worshipping student born into consumer, entertainment, book-free society.

Edited by BevoAbyss

28 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Performative BS. I don’t think they would let her put that out without full approval from Team Trump.

Agree! Melania coming out saying she's for woman's rights is just another way to make people think, "if she is, maybe he is. I'll vote for him." Same goes for him saying he will not sign a national abortion ban bill. Once that piece of shit Trump gets elected, he'll do whatever he wants, it's all a con, ever damn bit of it.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

Agree! Melania coming out saying she's for woman's rights is just another way to make people think, "if she is, maybe he is. I'll vote for him." Same goes for him saying he will not sign a national abortion ban bill. Once that piece of shit Trump gets elected, he'll do whatever he wants, it's all a con, ever damn bit of it.  

Yep. This is an old R trick. Laura Bush and Cindy McCain did it, too. "Hey, I'm pro choice, so don't be scared to vote for my husband." 

(And I apologize for putting the Bushes and McCains in the same post as these shit stain Trumps.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Trump controls the MAGA mob, he isn't going anywhere. The GOP will have to live with Trump.

It's like when that Sports Store owner handed over control to Tony in the Sopranos.

e9dfc1b4-921f-4838-bc5d-6747ed31fe97_tex

trump is making more money than he’s ever made before for doing little to nothing. he’s an R institution until his last breath. old guard R’s will move quick after his death to get control back of the check book

his two dumb ass sons will run a huge scam to find the trump library. they’ll end up in jail over the deal. calling it now 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

trump is making more money than he’s ever made before for doing little to nothing. he’s an R institution until his last breath. old guard R’s will move quick after his death to get control back of the check book

his two dumb ass sons will run a huge scam to find the trump library. they’ll end up in jail over the deal. calling it now 

I keep saying this.  If he's alive in '28, he'll run and likely win the nomination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

THEY. DON'T. HAVE. A CHOICE.

This.

If the BMDs are thinking they can get away with turning their back on the Lord God Trump....they are fucking WRONG.  That is the path to losing a necessary chunk of voters.  They cannot win shit nationally without rabid MAGAs showing up.  They have to suck Trump's dick, or they will lose those voters.

The GQP is all-Trump, all-MAGA until he dies....and probably after.  Because it needs the cultists.

The BMDs can send their money to other candidates/PACs and let MAGA try to keep the RNC afloat.

The BMDs are not going to back him trying to lose for a third time in a row.

53 minutes ago, TexPx said:

I really don't think she gives a shit about the campaign, else she would be on the trail with Trump, and she wouldn't be receiving $237,500 to speak at a pro-Trump event.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

It will be in a Florida McDonald’s where there is sneakers, watches and figurines for sale in the drive thru. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I keep saying this.  If he's alive in '28, he'll run and likely win the nomination.

This is putting the cart before the horse, but I have fantasies of a geriatric and weakened Trump running again in ‘28 and delaying the reconciliation with reality the Republicans need to have to reorganize themselves around winning policy.  

‘32 is marked by a race to the bottom by terminal shitbags like JD Vance and Ted Cruz as they fight it out to see who can charm/fool the greatest number of Trump low information voters (at least the portion that haven’t Darwin’d themselves between now and then).  

Finally, in ‘36 we have a second term Buttigieg with enough political capital to finally reform the Supreme Court.  

• Drool 2

Wait, if Trump loses this year, people think 82 year old, even more senile Trump is going to be the candidate in 2028? That’s not going to happen though in a strange way, I’m sure the DNC would love it. Almost a guaranteed victory unless the Harris administration is a total disaster. 

It’s Haley in ‘28 and I don’t think I there’s a close 2nd. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

Wait, if Trump loses this year, people think 82 year old, even more senile Trump is going to be the candidate in 2028? That’s not going to happen though in a strange way, I’m sure the DNC would love it. Almost a guaranteed victory unless the Harris administration is a total disaster. 

He'll still maintain a cult like hold on the core 40% of that party.

Yes, he'll run.  Yes, he'll win.  He'll fun for no other reason than he needs the money.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

He lost in '20, led an insurrection in an attempt to stay in office, was impeached twice, and has 34 felony counts on him at the moment, and yet, here we are.

The GOP was fully consumed by the Trump Organization.  And you think the GOP is gonna allow Haley to have the nomination in '28?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Not sure if he’ll run but he’ll decide who the nominee is. They’re tied to him until he dies. 

This.  It will be a real-life Apprentice series with Cruz, etc all trekking to Mar-A-Lago and seeing who can kiss Trump's ass the best to get the nod.   There will be contests, "teams", "challenges", and the like.   

Trump will have his scientists working on how to best monetize the process.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Liz Cheney:

"I was a Republican even before Donald Trump started spray-tanning".

"Vice President Harris is standing in the breach at a critical moment in our nation's history. She's working to unite reasonable people from all across the plitical spectrum. Vice President Hrris has dedicated her life to public service. I know that she loves our country and I know she'll be a president for all Americans. As a Conservative, as a patriot, as a mother, as someone who reveres our Constitution, I'm honored to join her in this urgent cause".

"In the United States of America, violence does not and must never determine who rules us. Voters do."

“What January 6th shows us is that there is not an ounce, not an ounce of compassion in Donald Trump. He is petty, he is vindictive, and he is cruel. And Donald Trump is not fit to lead this good and great nation.” 

"In this election a broad coalition has come together to support Vice President Kamala Harris. Now, we may disagree on some things, but we are bound together by the one thing that matters to us as Americans more than any other, and that's our duty to our Constitution and our belief in the miracle and the blessing of this incredible nation. We have a shared commitment, a shared commitment as Americans to ensure that future generations live in a nation where power is transferred peacefully, where our leaders are men and women of good faith, and where our public servants set aside partisan battles to do what's right for this country.  So today I ask all of you here, and everyone listening across this great country to join us. I ask you to meet this moment. I ask you to stand in truth to reject the depraved cruelty of Donald Trump, and I ask you instead to help us elect Kamala Harris for President".

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Like Brisket, I have thought for a while that Trump will continue to run and own the GOP until he dies as well. 

I'm not so sure anymore. Look, his rallies really are becoming pathetic. He's in half empty arenas and people are consistently walking out in every city. You can hear a pin drop in those rooms as he drones on with insane, boring bullshit. And these people are the hardcore Trump lovers!

Republicans are good with 4 years of Trump in office. They are gonna groan at the idea of 4 more years of Trump whining and screaming and running for President again. It will take a while for MAGAts to wean off Trump's teat, but their will be a noticeable lack of enthusiasm from R voters to go through this shit again. 

Or so I hope. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Like Brisket, I have thought for a while that Trump will continue to run and own the GOP until he dies as well. 

I'm not so sure anymore. Look, his rallies really are becoming pathetic. He's in half empty arenas and people are consistently walking out in every city. You can hear a pin drop in those rooms as he drones on with insane, boring bullshit. And these people are the hardcore Trump lovers!

Republicans are good with 4 years of Trump in office. They are gonna groan at the idea of 4 more years of Trump whining and screaming and running for President again. It will take a while for MAGAts to wean off Trump's teat, but their will be a noticeable lack of enthusiasm from R voters to go through this shit again. 

Or so I hope. 

Patton was clearly wrong about 45% of Americans

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I mean it makes sense. He’s sec of transportation. I doubt the trucking industry and rail lines were excited about having their loads decrease by 75% indefinitely. 

Yes, he's just doing his job. But I'm happy he's good at it. 

19 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Or so I hope. 

Agreed. His support from his own party is not nearly as rock solid as it has been. The Republican primary was pretty damning for him but it seemed to be glossed over by just about every outlet. He’s not fundraising at nearly the pace he was in 2020–when he lost. I just don’t think the enthusiasm is going to be there for an 82 year old, two-time loser in 2028. 

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

Trump voters have been married to him for 8 or 9 years.  They’re not out there considering divorce seriously just yet, but they’re for sure really fucking bored, unenthused, and tired.

I think a lot of it will depend on how the election goes.  If they pick up the Senate and stay close in the House, they may continue with the nonsense.  But if they don't win the Senate and lose a bunch of seats in the House, there will need to be a change.   Losing is the biggest sin in politics.  

3 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Agreed. His support from his own party is not nearly as rock solid as it has been. The Republican primary was pretty damning for him but it seemed to be glossed over by just about every outlet. He’s not fundraising at nearly the pace he was in 2020–when he lost. I just don’t think the enthusiasm is going to be there for an 82 year old, two-time loser in 2028. 

We heard so much about Haley getting 25% in primaries. I’m interested to see how much support he truly loses from ‘20. 

The only way I can imagine Trump not running in 2028 is if he is dead. Because unless the GOP primary voter is somehow changed over the next few years they are going to keep heading down the road to crazyville. 

Sensible, credible, thoughtful people are becoming rare in the GOP. It's populated by gifted liars and buffoonish grifters. It's going to have to start at the local level. But, I don't see much evidence that there's any movement away from the stoking of fear and hate. 

So, until he's dead and gone AND Fox et al stop giving credence to outright lies the GOP has to contend with it's own base to find electable candidates. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

The only way I can imagine Trump not running in 2028 is if he is dead. Because unless the GOP primary voter is somehow changed over the next few years they are going to keep heading down the road to crazyville. 

Sensible, credible, thoughtful people are becoming rare in the GOP. It's populated by gifted liars and buffoonish grifters. It's going to have to start at the local level. But, I don't see much evidence that there's any movement away from the stoking of fear and hate. 

So, until he's dead and gone AND Fox et al stop giving credence to outright lies the GOP has to contend with it's own base to find electable candidates. 

Trump is going to be older than Biden is now in 2028. I don’t think FoxNews is going to be aboard the Trump train for an old, multi-time loser. He just doesn’t give the GOP a chance to win. 

I do agree he’ll have a say in who the candidate is, if he’s alive. 

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Check out Jon Stewart's piece on his supporters from earlier this week. It is genuinely a cult, a very large percentage of them have created an alternate Trump in their head that they believe supports things he explicitly does not support. 

This is the end result of social media algorithms and a major news network lying and covering up reality with impunity.

A non clown country would have removed Fox News from the airwaves years ago.

1 hour ago, Cap33 said:

Yep. This is an old R trick. Laura Bush and Cindy McCain did it, too. "Hey, I'm pro choice, so don't be scared to vote for my husband." 

(And I apologize for putting the Bushes and McCains in the same post as these shit stain Trumps.) 

Nothing to apologize for. Both those families are some of the most responsible for bringing Trump and his minions to the forefront. Fuck them

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

Nikki Haley is never going to be the Republican nominee for president lol.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Trump is going to be older than Biden is now in 2028. I don’t think FoxNews is going to be aboard the Trump train for an old, multi-time loser. He just doesn’t give the GOP a chance to win. 

I do agree he’ll have a say in who the candidate is, if he’s alive. 

Jerry Jones isn't going to give up either. Unless he's incapacitated Trump has the same ego drive to succeed despite all evidence that they absolutely suck at the job.

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Or so I hope. 

To be fair, those people are walking out because the money hit their Venmo accounts. They are just fulfilling their duties. 

• Like 1