2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

@cactusflinthead @Gil Bang

How about Allred and Cruz?

Do you recall questions about @Brisketexan ever being a Republican?.

You're going to have to work hard to distance from your past positions. I recommend reading lots of Rick Wilson. And some Frum. 

What was the final straw with Trump? When did you turn?

Allred all day although I wouldn’t put Cruz in the Trump category. 

I have no idea what Brisket’s questions are. 

im not sure what past positions you speak of. 

My final straw with Trump?  I never voted for him. Ever since I developed Trump consciousness, I did not like him. I do not vote for substandard candidates (that later prove themselves to be unfit traitors). Didn’t in ‘16, ‘20, and won’t in a month. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

@cactusflinthead @Gil Bang

Allred all day although I wouldn’t put Cruz in the Trump category. 

I have no idea what Brisket’s questions are. 

im not sure what past positions you speak of. 

My final straw with Trump?  I never voted for him. Ever since I developed Trump consciousness, I did not like him. I do not vote for substandard candidates (that later prove themselves to be unfit traitors). Didn’t in ‘16, ‘20, and won’t in a month. 

The only reason Cruz isn't in the same category as Trump is that he's not as successful and lacks any pride. Other than that he's the same thing exactly. Doesn't care about anyone but himself and will try to stay in power by any means necessary. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, LCHorn said:

I don’t have time to try to corroborate Wasserman’s data, but is he suggesting that 800k Floridians who were registered Dems have left Florida or otherwise not registered for this election?  That doesn’t pass the smell test.  

Florida purged democrats from their voter rolls

Well obviously unemployment is down because everyone is anticipating Trump winning and those delicious tariffs making us money

September jobs report crushes expectations as US economy adds 254,000 jobs, unemployment rate falls to 4.1%

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/september-jobs-report-crushes-expectations-as-us-economy-adds-254000-jobs-unemployment-rate-falls-to-41-123503927.html

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The only reason Cruz isn't in the same category as Trump is that he's not as successful and lacks any pride. Other than that he's the same thing exactly. Doesn't care about anyone but himself and will try to stay in power by any means necessary. 

Not sure he’d incite a riot. They’re in different categories. I abhor Cruz. Our daughters go to the same camp so I’m exposed to him for a day every summer. He’s very aloof and is basically a fat dork. One of his daughters got booted from the camp a few years ago because she’s fucked up. I give Cruz credit for not making a big stink about it, or pulling his other daughter from camp. I fully expected him to do both. 

7 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Go fuck yourselves, Firefighters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/03/fire-fighters-union-declines-presidential-endorsement-00182372

Vice President Kamala Harris suffered a blow Thursday as the union representing more than 300,000 career firefighters and emergency responders declined to make a presidential endorsement, two weeks after the International Brotherhood of Teamsters made a similar decision.

Leaders of the International Association of Fire Fighters gathered this week and determined “by a margin of 1.2%” against picking a candidate, according to General President Edward Kelly.

Yeah I'm a retired firefighter and I'm pissed, too. I'm starting the process to end my union dues right now. Fuck that shit. BTW, they don't ask the firefighters who we  want to back. They never have. It's all up to the IAFF/AFL-CIO national leaders. For my entire career they've backed the Democratic candidate. Why they chose to sit this one out is mind-boggling. 

ETA: Here's my tweet from a few minutes ago, with a response from another retired firefighter who's pissed as well.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah I'm a retired firefighter and I'm pissed, too. I'm starting the process to end my union dues right now. Fuck that shit. BTW, they don't ask the firefighters who we  want to back. They never have. For my entire career they've backed the Democratic candidate. Why they chose to sit this one out is mind-boggling. 

What union benefits do retired get for their dues?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

have no idea what Brisket’s questions are

No they were your questions. It was a couple of names ago. I don't expect you to remember questioning whether Brisket ever voted for a GOP candidate or the dismissal of him working on campaigns. 

Glad to hear you're voting for Allred.

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

No they were your questions. It was a couple of names ago. I don't expect you to remember questioning whether Brisket ever voted for a GOP candidate or the dismissal of him working on campaigns. 

Glad to hear you're voting for Allred.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. 

19 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Not sure he’d incite a riot. They’re in different categories. I abhor Cruz. Our daughters go to the same camp so I’m exposed to him for a day every summer. He’s very aloof and is basically a fat dork. One of his daughters got booted from the camp a few years ago because she’s fucked up. I give Cruz credit for not making a big stink about it, or pulling his other daughter from camp. I fully expected him to do both. 

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I agree with Rex. Cruz is a piece of shit no doubt, but I probably wouldn’t have legitimate concern that he would launch a war if somebody tweets something mean about him. Hell, we already know you can trash his wife and he’ll roll over like a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

That was covered by my statement that he lacks pride. But he absolutely would go along with someone else's plan to do that kind of thing in his name, he just wouldn't come up with it himself. 

Yeah, the difference between Cruz and Trump is that it was Trump's idea to do a coup. A coup wouldn't have even entered Cruz's mind as a possibility until someone else suggested it.  

33 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Did you fuck Heidi? #riplobo

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

FL always starts R and then we all sit and watch as Miami-Dade votes keep trickling in and it just doesn't quite make it turn blue.  Hoping this year is different, but expectations are low, because Florida.

Mailing in my Dade ballot today.  LFG

• Hook 'Em 6

just caught up with the last few pages and i'm reading that the gop is getting tired of trump, and after he loses next month, he'll be out of the picture by 2028.

lolol.

have y'all learned nothing? if he's drawing oxygen, he will run, and likely win the nomination. must we do this every 4 years?

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

just caught up with the last few pages and i'm reading that the gop is getting tired of trump, and after he loses next month, he'll be out of the picture by 2028.

lolol.

have y'all learned nothing? if he's drawing oxygen, he will run, and likely win the nomination. must we do this every 4 years?

Think how shitty and low energy he looks now. Add 4 years to that and he'll be a walking bloated corpse. If anything, he'll try to foist his low IQ sons onto the GOP. 

50 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah I'm a retired firefighter and I'm pissed, too. I'm starting the process to end my union dues right now. Fuck that shit. BTW, they don't ask the firefighters who we  want to back. They never have. For my entire career they've backed the Democratic candidate. Why they chose to sit this one out is mind-boggling. 

Because in 2024 America, particularly for the men who dominate many blue collar ranks, it has become more important to hate the "other," defined as "any and all groups smaller and weaker than yours," than it is to support someone who might actually make things better for everyone.

It's as if they were shopping for a product, and they were shown one that has all the features they SHOULD want, but they ask "but....will it be cruel to/punish people weaker than me?"  If the answer is "no," they pass on the purchase.  They'd rather buy an unreliable POS that offers them nothing, but features "NOW FEATURING 'FUCK OVER THE WEAK'!"  They can't buy those fast enough, they're flying off the shelves.

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

lolol.

I sort of hope he does because it’ll be a slam dunk to beat him a third time, but I seriously think that if he’s still alive his brain will be complete mush. Not Biden stuttering and jumbling words but full catatonic mumbling at the tv from a wheelchair. There’s no way his ego can take another loss without breaking the floodgate of dementia. If it’s a landslide he might drop dead by Jan 20.

• Drool 1

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I sort of hope he does because it’ll be a slam dunk to beat him a third time, but I seriously think that if he’s still alive his brain will be complete mush. Not Biden stuttering and jumbling words but full catatonic mumbling at the tv from a wheelchair. There’s no way his ego can take another loss without breaking the floodgate of dementia. If it’s a landslide he might drop dead by Jan 20.

a two-time loser, 82-year-old DJT with mush for brains and 4 more years of silent/boomer die off is a dream for the Democratic Party. It should be our fantasy.

• Drool 1

17 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's a fucking racket between the banks who own Congress and the colleges and universities. We can make tuition anything we want it to be and you, my friend, can borrow to come here.

It's criminal. I graduated Texas with no debt because it wasn't expensive to attend here once you got in.

I was in undergrad 88 to 92, and the state paid a pretty high percentage of the costs of education outside of housing and food. I think the most I ever paid was a semester I took 17 hours and including fees for a lab it was 1300 or so 

When I was in medical school the state was subsidizing quite a bit. Our tuition was under 6k per year. Guys 5 years ahead of me paid 1K per year. 

Somewhere we lost our way

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What union benefits do retired get for their dues?

Little to nothing at all. We pay more to help support the Union in pay negotiations and some of the programs they have in place to help firefighters. 

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I was in undergrad 88 to 92, and the state paid a pretty high percentage of the costs of education outside of housing and food. I think the most I ever paid was a semester I took 17 hours and including fees for a lab it was 1300 or so 

When I was in medical school the state was subsidizing quite a bit. Our tuition was under 6k per year. Guys 5 years ahead of me paid 1K per year. 

Because education is for commies and fags, dude.  We want us a population that is undereducated enough so they can be completely manipulated and controlled by fascist populist bullshit.  Did you not get the memo?  They distributed it at CPAC.  The Governor's Mansion has a stack of them sitting on the table in the foyer.

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

In fall of 72, when I entered, tuition was a flat $50 per semester.   Fees totaled $114.  Big cost was Jester at about $900 per semester room and board. 

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

1. Nice subtle Waldemar humble brag.

2. I can’t imagine why his daughter is fucked up. Maybe he should step away from being a completely toxic piece of human garbage for the sake of his daughters, but naw, gotta own the libs.