2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, G650 said:

Ive said that many times, but yet here I am still working. Its harder to walk away than one thinks, but I can see that day happening more clearly every passing minute. One of my buddies and I were joking on a jobsite today actually if someone came up with the right offer we would hand over the keys to our companies tomorrow.

go high, everyone likes the guy that empties those port a johns 

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Same. The stress sucks. I had the daily worry women and LBGQ friends have over this wretched pustule.

I fear that Trump has shown other politicians that there is no consequence for lying, no limit on the outrageousness of those lies or any real need to have Any substantative position on anything. Say one thing to one group and the exact opposite to another group? No consequences.

At a play last night in Lakeway; old ass lady walks up and tells me how handsome I am and that I look like JD Vance and she hopes I share her political viewpoint. (I do not look like him and my wife was like wtf This shit just creeps into everything all the time.  I can't drive to dinner without seeing "no balls in women's sports" and other bs a dozen times.  It fucking sucks.

It might be the eyeliner - just saying 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Yeah, why not.  It's too bad Rush Limbaugh couldn't have pinned that medal on Trump's chest (but he's dead). Donald had a chance to win a Purple Heart in Nam but the bone spurs got in the way of his heroism.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

What a fucking disgrace.  the Purple Heart is reserved to those that in the course of duties, such as defending the United States, or engaging the enemy in action that person is wounded.  This fucking guy never served, was doing none of the requirements to meet these standards and has the temerity to lay claim to such an honor.  Its insulting to the near 50k of soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen/women rightfully awarded the purple heart that have done so over the last 30 years.  

Interesting tidbit, a real purple heart has the sitting President's name engraved on, so in this instance where it to be real, Dotard's would be engraved with President Joe Biden.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

The bolded part ...

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Which part is the bolded part? Oh, the x,x,x,x ? LOL. Hey, I'm 59 and married, with a paid-off house and 2 boys in college. If I were gonna risk my marriage on someone, it wouldn't be anyone in that photo. That's for got damn sure! 

OK, with a gun to my head, the girl on the second row behind 'Ears McGee' looks aight.

Edited by wood

Holy shit. Republican former Georgia Lt. Governor Geoff Duncan absolutely eviscerated Trump tonight on Kaitlan Collins's show. I can't find the video anywhere, but check it out if you're able.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, austingirl said:

Nice humblebrag.

Ha.  More an indictment of my inability to let go. I'd probably be a lot happier, definitely less stressed and anxious all the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

It's been 8 years of this, and I know I ought to be well beyond the surreal shock phase, by my god, these people, man.  Nothing is off limits.  Nothing is sacred.  No one outside their circle matters.  And they'll do absolutely anything for power and money.

It's all so disgusting and embarrassing.  And people I used to respect have fallen for it.  God dammit.

Y'all better do something besides be disgusted and shaken up. 

If this falls, it will be because a whole bunch of people watched it come (back) together over the last 50 years... And supported it. 

The fact that it's even close means it's probably over. 

• Rage+1 3

7 hours ago, wood said:

Which part is the bolded part? Oh, the x,x,x,x ? LOL. Hey, I'm 59 and married, with a paid-off house and 2 boys in college. If I were gonna risk my marriage on someone, it wouldn't be anyone in that photo. That's for got damn sure! 

OK, with a gun to my head, the girl on the second row behind 'Ears McGee' looks aight.

Bruh. That is not how this works. 

Surly is not here for shit like saving families and assets. 

I'm sending this assignment back to you. You have the opportunity to redo it for credit 

I'll give you an example, as my 20th anniversary is coming up, I also have two boys (one in college), and have a house that is paying me to have a mortgage (cashed out a 3.3% and put it in VGT and BRK.B).

"Hmmmmmm....  Yeah, I guess I'll be Pepe LePew and take skunk girl and the one behind her. Two Fire Chicks at the same time.... Bonus points because...."

white-women.gif.86d47a2aee73e2bb88075e2cb4e225d4.gif

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

My grandpa got his Purple Heart by having his hip broken by shrapnel from artillery.  He had to spend the night in a foxhole with 2 dead buddies until the medics got to him the next day.  So it’s really neat that Trump gave himself one.

Thank you, Grandpa.

15 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Have also seen sad emotional videos along the lines of Biden-

Hundreds of billions of dollars for Ukraine, no problem!

Americans devestated by the hurricane in North Carolina- $750.

Remember this in November people!!!

Honestly worried about bomb threats being called into polling places in heavy Dem areas. MAGA is becoming more unhinged than ever.

• Rage+1 3

18 minutes ago, kevwun said:

My grandpa got his Purple Heart by having his hip broken by shrapnel from artillery.  He had to spend the night in a foxhole with 2 dead buddies until the medics got to him the next day.  So it’s really neat that Trump gave himself one.

so both sides? 

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

How exactly under no authority did Trump get a purple heart? 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The same way I gave myself my “world’s greatest lover” merit badge. 

A Vietnam Vet gave him his.

https://nypost.com/2024/10/05/us-news/vietnam-war-veteran-gives-trump-his-purple-heart-for-taking-bullet-in-butler-you-got-guts/

• Rage+1 5