2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, bluto said:

The fact either of them are considered good interviewers is insanity 

Rogan is objectively good at interviewing people and Theo Von has the rare ability to pull out the human core of a person if they are willing to go where the conversation takes them. Probably the realest conversation with Donald Trump I’ve ever heard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Oh there will be.

Once he dies.  And hateful bigots live entirely too long.  My grandma made it to 94 on pure spite and basically becoming mummified in Phoenix for half her life. 

Strom Thurmond lived to be almost 101 

My grandfather had his daily shot of bourbon in the morning AND afternoon and swore that was what kept him alive. Til it didn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Rogan is objectively good at interviewing people and Theo Von has the rare ability to pull out the human core of a person if they are willing to go where the conversation takes them. Probably the realest conversation with Donald Trump I’ve ever heard. 

Theo is interesting because it sounds like he is really trying to talk to someone and the conversation can flow well but other times he sounds really dense and uninformed.  BUT he doesn't seem to have overwhelming opinions in the sense that he will listen to someone explain themselves so that his listeners can hear the perspective.  I though Cuban did really well... someone who seems to be excellent at being empathetic but then taking the conversation back to his points, even if they run counter to Theo.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Moscow Mitch had his chance to get rid of Trump and chose not to impeach him.  Fuck that guy forever.

While I agree with fuck Mitch, he’s not stupid and can count to 67.  I’m sure he would have been satisfied with an outcome barring Trump from his present campaign.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Biden really needs to get out there and start combating hurricane relief fund misinformation. Call Mike Johnson's ass out.

MAGA today: Kamala should be ashamed of herself doing interviews while Americans are suffering in North Carolina and Florida! Trump is saving people. Also why are we giving all the funds to undocumented immigrants and Ukraine?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Biden really needs to get out there and start combating hurricane relief fund misinformation. Call Mike Johnson's ass out.

MAGA today: Kamala should be ashamed of herself doing interviews while Americans are suffering in North Carolina and Florida! Trump is saving people. Also why are we giving all the funds to undocumented immigrants and Ukraine?

How do you suggest convincing people who want to be lied to that they're being lied to? They literally will not believe anything that isn't "Kamala is the devil." It's really just an echo chamber amongst the morons at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, royiv said:

You must not read the football board. Lots of Trumpers over there. 

Yeah, I visit the football board, but I typically bail on any thread that goes political AND restricts my ability to return fire. Sack posts on this board occasionally, those other fools don’t.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Was listening to npr on my drive this morning and they are in Detroit talking to different groups. This morning they were talking to Muslim leaders and one of them said even though she's a strong Democrat her #1 goal this year is to keep Harris from getting elected. Trump has said he would immediately stop the war with Israel, and Harris won't make that same statement, so even though she disagrees with everything the gop stands for she's voting for him. Lady, you are a fucking idiot if you believe any statement he makes about anything is worth shit. I know, just another in a long list of stories about how this is an election that shouldn't be anywhere close, but here we are. 

Yeah.. by nuking everyone who looks like you, lady.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

not much anymore there isn't they've all gone to OTF where their feelings don't get hurt and they can give their stupid ass takes to no one in particular and not get flamed for it. 

There are a couple of self appointed mods on the football board that just can’t scroll past anything they deem to be “CR” without making a big deal about it and getting wrapped around the axle.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Was listening to npr on my drive this morning and they are in Detroit talking to different groups. This morning they were talking to Muslim leaders and one of them said even though she's a strong Democrat her #1 goal this year is to keep Harris from getting elected. Trump has said he would immediately stop the war with Israel, and Harris won't make that same statement, so even though she disagrees with everything the gop stands for she's voting for him. Lady, you are a fucking idiot if you believe any statement he makes about anything is worth shit. I know, just another in a long list of stories about how this is an election that shouldn't be anywhere close, but here we are. 

She thinks she hates Netanyahu now, just wait until Trump lets him do whatever he wants unchecked.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well, duh.

https://popular.info/p/trump-held-a-contest-to-join-him

Trump held a contest to join him on stage at his rally in Butler. Was it a scam?

60505c36-baa9-45e4-b3c1-dab9caeba507_108

Hide contents

There was no sign of a contest winner at any time during Trump's lengthy appearance at the rally — from the moment Trump took the stage to when he left almost two hours later. 

It's possible, of course, that a winner was selected and met Trump privately. But that was not the prize that was promised in Trump's emails. 

Was it all a scam? The Trump campaign seems sensitive to this criticism. The bottom of Trump's October 1 email promoting the Butler contest invites supporters to "MEET OUR PREVIOUS CONTEST WINNERS." It includes a photo of Trump, Donald Trump Jr., and two supporters at the Miami Grand Prix held in May. 

But there could not have been a contest to meet Trump at the Miami Grand Prix because, according to USA Today, the race organizers "did not disclose before the race if Trump would attend for security reasons." A database of Trump's fundraising appeals contains no mention of the Miami event.

The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment. 

Trump's dubious contests during the 2020 campaign — and beyond

During the 2020 election cycle, Popular Information identified 21 contests to share a meal with Trump at various locations. The tactic was cribbed from former president Barack Obama's election strategy; Obama held a series of contests for "Dinner with Barack." Each meal with Obama generated extensive media coverage, with detailed information about the attendees. There was no information, however, about any of the winners of Trump's contests. Nor did any winners post pictures of their meal with Trump on social media. 

One contest promoted a meal with Trump in Chicago on October 23, 2019. Popular Information contacted the pool reporter traveling with Trump that day, the Washington Post's Anne Gearan, and asked if she had heard anything about Trump's meal with a contest winner. She had not and put in an inquiry with the campaign. The campaign never responded. 

Popular Information's report was picked up by Vanity Fair and other national publications. Soon thereafter, the Trump campaign began promoting an article from the right-wing Daily Caller that supposedly debunked Popular Information's reporting. 

But the Daily Caller article only addressed one contest for a meal. Joanna Kamis "won" a breakfast with Trump in New York City on September 26. She did attend a breakfast in New York City on that day but Trump did not attend. Instead, Kamis was "able to mingle with the likes of Donald Trump Jr., Kimberly Guilfoyle, and Elizabeth Pipko." In other words, that contest was a fraud. (Later, Kamis took a photograph with Trump.)

There is still no information about any of the other "winners" of the contests for meals with Trump during his 2020 campaign. The fact that the Trump campaign put the Daily Caller in contact with Kamis and no other contributors raises serious questions about whether anyone else won.

The Trump campaign did not comply with requests to release the names of the winners of its 2020 campaign contests — from both Popular Information and the New York Times — even in cases where disclosure was required by state law. 

Trump's political operation continued to promote contests for meals with Trump beyond the 2022 election cycle. In March 2022, the Washington Post reported that Trump's leadership PAC, Save America, "sent at least 15 emails in recent weeks offering small-dollar donors the chance to win a coveted prize if they gave money: dinner with Trump in New Orleans last Saturday." 

But, the Washington Post reported, "no such winner was flown to New Orleans last weekend, according to four people familiar with the matter." Instead, Trump met with "a handful of Republican Party donors who gave large checks, taking pictures with some of the party’s most well-heeled members and speaking to a larger group of donors who each gave tens of thousands of dollars." A Trump campaign spokesman said that "due to an administrative error in this individual circumstance, the contest winner was not properly notified for last weekend’s event in New Orleans."

The Washington Post also "asked Save America to provide winners for other contests it has held, which included meeting the president at a rally in South Carolina this weekend, meeting Trump at his palatial Florida club last year, playing golf with Trump and Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker in Palm Beach, or receiving commemorative memorabilia — such as a football signed by Trump and Walker, a College Football Hall of Famer." Save America "declined to comment."

ICS from The Running Man called and wants it's plot twist back.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Someone in reddit described him as low-information but high-compassion, which I think was an apt description and a good reason for Harris to go on his show. Let’s face it, people who are convinced by facts have already decided their vote. These are emotional and instinctual appeals rather than logical.

Yes he’s dumb. But he’s aware that he’s dumb and makes up for it with compassion and honesty. She’s also quite good at the emotional appeal angle as well. 

Edited by Xminus6
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 10/2/2024 at 3:19 PM, Bateshorn said:

It's Cocktober!!!  Count me as a bit dubious after a Senate and Presidential run, now new information has come to light, dude. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13898791/Kamala-Harris-husband-Doug-Emhoff-accused-ex-girlfriend-slap.html

Many people are saying Doug hits women and he hits them very hardly and he hits them at levels we've never seen before. They're making these "hurricanes," and DeSanctimonious begged me to help him, and I told him I'm looking very strongly at it, but he cried like a dog and called Sleepy Joe. Maybe he needs Doug to "slap" some sense back into him. Girly boots!

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I have a deep amount of sympathy for the Palestinians in Gaza, but holy shit I've been reading similar viewpoints from Muslims in Michigan over the past few months, and I can't believe how short-sighted/stupid a lot of them are in believing that Trump will be better for their people, in the Israel/Palestinian war and overall, than Harris.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

I have a deep amount of sympathy for the Palestinians in Gaza, but holy shit I've been reading similar viewpoints from Muslims in Michigan over the past few months, and I can't believe how short-sighted/stupid a lot of them are in believing that Trump will be better for their people, in the Israel/Palestinian war and overall, than Harris.  

Every group has mind numbingly stupid members. Latinos For Trump is a real thing. There also were Jews in the early years of Nazi Germany who were Hitler supporters.

Just be grateful they're few in number and mostly ignored.

15 minutes ago, South Austin said:

“Nuking the Gazans will end their suffering faster than a slow genocide under Harris”

• Rage+1 1

Article on the Muslim drops in Michigan.

The discontent is palpable on the ground in Michigan, which has more than 300,000 residents with Middle Eastern or North African ancestry, though high-quality polling on Arab American and Muslim voters is scant. In nearly two dozen interviews this weekend with a range of these voters across levels of religious observance and familial countries of origin, just two said they were voting for her.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/07/us/politics/michigan-harris-arab-muslim-jewish-voters.html?unlocked_article_code=1.QU4.DqXi.apqZEVrDSSMR&smid=url-share

I bet Kamala is going to air a lot of stuff about the Muslim bans Trump did.  A lot of interviewees in there said they're voting third party.  Some go to Trump.

This is the least of Florida’s worries, but this may have a bit of legs

I was just thinking, is it not a truism that Democrats vote early and by mail - and are happy to do it and encouraged to do it?

Is it also not a thing that Trump and the GOP tell his followers to wait till election day and then vote to make sure they don’t steal your ballot in the mail?

I’m thinking that the early voting deadline ballots have all been sent out and a lot have been mailed by Democrats.   If they flee the storm and bring their mailing ballot with them they can mail anytime they want to once they get to a good post office.

All of the GOP voters who are hoping to vote day of the election may not have their polling place intact, a place to live in near the precinct, or gas or electricity to go to the polls and vote

Has anybody here read anything on how the storm could affect the voting demographics in a way that reaches a percentage point or two?

Just now, Gatorubet said:

This is the least of Florida’s worries, but this may have a bit of legs

I was just thinking, is it not a truism that Democrats vote early and by mail - and are happy to do it and encouraged to do it?

Is it also not a thing that Trump and the GOP tell his followers to wait till election day and then vote to make sure they don’t steal your ballot in the mail?

I’m thinking that the early voting deadline ballots have all been sent out and a lot have been mailed by Democrats.   If they flee the storm and bring their mailing ballot with them they can mail anytime they want to once they get to a good post office.

All of the GOP voters who are hoping to vote day of the election may not have their polling place intact, a place to live in near the precinct, or gas or electricity to go to the polls and vote

Has anybody here read anything on how the storm could affect the voting demographics in a way that reaches a percentage point or two?

my prediction for NC is that more ballots are affected than the difference in votes there.  it might be close to that in FL too.  bigger spread expected, but closer to vote time.

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Was she the moron who said she wrote in Bernie Sanders, “That’s how far left I am?”

Whoever said that isn’t left or right, they don’t know what those words mean. They’re not anchored by any principles or ideology. That person helped get Trump elected once and if they’re considering doing it again then there’s nothing about supporting Bernie that makes them left-wing. That’s just accidental. They’re unmoored from facts and reality and unable to make a connection between their vote and possible consequences. They’re operating purely on emotion divorced from any consideration of the outcome of their choice.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Article on the Muslim drops in Michigan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/07/us/politics/michigan-harris-arab-muslim-jewish-voters.html?unlocked_article_code=1.QU4.DqXi.apqZEVrDSSMR&smid=url-share

I bet Kamala is going to air a lot of stuff about the Muslim bans Trump did.  A lot of interviewees in there said they're voting third party.  Some go to Trump.

I don't like reading this shit one bit.  I'm not conceding Michigan, but it sure would be nice for Harris to win NC to offset any Muslim voter stupidity in Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Was she the moron who said she wrote in Bernie Sanders, “That’s how far left I am?”

Whoever said that isn’t left or right, they don’t know what those words mean. They’re not anchored by any principles or ideology. That person helped get Trump elected once and if they’re considering doing it again then there’s nothing about supporting Bernie that makes them left-wing. That’s just accidental. They’re unmoored from facts and reality and unable to make a connection between their vote and possible consequences. They’re operating purely on emotion divorced from any consideration of the outcome of their choice.

It was. I'm sure they were looking for people with extreme viewpoints to air the different sides, but I'm constantly amazed at the stupidity of the American electorate. 

• Rage+1 1