2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

I know he's insane, but that is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

That was an extremely aggressive interview and Whitaker did not hold back and he pressed her several times to answer his questions. 

Also we all watch Laura Ingraham coach him into giving certain answers in their interview.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I know he's insane, but that is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

That was an extremely aggressive interview and Whitaker did not hold back and he pressed her several times to answer his questions. 

Also we all watch Laura Ingraham coach him into giving certain answers in their interview.

Whitaker also didn't seem to even know that the TCJA was expiring.  His interview was just questioning and responding to her with bog-standard GOP talking points, he wasn't actually trying to conduct a substantive interview.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Whitaker also didn't seem to even know that the TCJA was expiring.  His interview was just questioning and responding to her with bog-standard GOP talking points, he wasn't actually trying to conduct a substantive interview.

Ignoring the substance of his questions, which looked like he fished them out of Dana Bash's trash can, he did not let Harris slide and did push her several times to answer what he asked.

But his questions did suck. I mean, "how will you pay for it? Congress doesn't support taxing the rich" 

Okay bro.  The GOP Congress does not and the last Dem trifecta was dealing with post-COVID economic recovery. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Heard her on Stern yesterday.  I want to dispel the notion that Harris is a Boomer.  She said she liked hip hop and Doug liked Depeche Mode but they both liked Prince.

Gen X in the house....

Not this shit again. Prince and founding members of Depeche Mode were/are boomers. Hip-hop had it start in the early 70s.

Gen X has some stuff, but this ain’t it

I've been leaving this on the coffee table any time my parents come over to babysit. Certainly they've opened it out of curiosity by now.20241009_123728.thumb.jpg.2294675f560d7ef1aa597f334c154512.jpg

It’s just more stupid liberal crap made up by people who are dead set on persecuting the one man who has the strength to stand up to the system to try and save us. And they are disappointed in you for not seeing it.

I am 100% convinced there are no minds to be changed. Everyone knows how they are going to vote. Let’s just see how the count and the associated vote count fuckery (and counter fuckery effort) goes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tbone_ said:

It’s just more stupid liberal crap made up by people who are dead set on persecuting the one man who has the strength to stand up to the system to try and save us. And they are disappointed in you for not seeing it.

They know I'm smarter and at least as informed as they imagine themselves to be. They're probably more confused than disappointed, wondering how they produced 3 liberal atheists.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

This is so much bullshit. As much as I expect it, I get so damn tired of these right wing m’fers trying to convince themselves of our intellectual inferiority. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

This is so much bullshit. As much as I expect it, I get so damn tired of these right wing m’fers trying to convince themselves of our intellectual inferiority. 

It makes more sense that Piers Morgan is kind of a blatant racist, and his brain got fucking broken when Meghan Markle basically stood his ass up to go on a date with her now husband, a literal British Royal who made her a princess.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/piers-morgan-storms-off-good-morning-britain-after-heated-meghan-markle-discussion-thr-news/

Jonelle Allen | A Young Kamala Harris @Howard University, Fierce , Focused,  Determined, Looking Into The Future With Hope &… | Instagram Meghan Markle Wore Possibly Our Favorite Outfit Ever at One Young World  Summit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This is sometimes called “the politics of impotence.”

the key points are:

- the government can’t be fixed

- we can’t make the world better

- People I don’t know are scary 

- the success of other people is a threat to my success 

- I’m afraid of cities

- I’m a real man

See also, Vance, JD

More politics of impotence

- How someone looks to other men is very important to me

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

It’s also not the first Nazi rally that MSG has hosted 

I'm giving strong odds that he shows up in front of at Madison Square Garden and Landscaping.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

While supporting a person who can't speak in complete sentences or maintain the same train of thought for more than 15 seconds.

Your point is well-taken, but I can't tell if it's irony that it was made by way of an incomplete sentence.

8 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

If she wants to jump in the polls she should spend less time embracing Liz Cheney and Jim Lankford's policies and more time energizing the democratic base

Ah. Here we go. You mean the single issue progressive left that probably will find a reason to stay at home anyway? 

which policy hasn’t she energized the base with yet? Do we need to have another conversation where we explain to you that your views do not represent The Democratic Base?

• Hook 'Em 4

She made one - ONE - appearance with Liz Cheney and suddenly she's spending too much time embracing her. 

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Also note that Marquette (A+) was 52-48 Harris. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ah. Here we go. You mean the single issue progressive left that probably will find a reason to stay at home anyway? 

which policy hasn’t she energized the base with yet? Do we need to have another conversation where we explain to you that your views do not represent The Democratic Base?

I just want to see the data that supports the strategy of pretending Dick Cheney wasn't a complete piece of shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I just want to see the data that supports the strategy of pretending Dick Cheney wasn't a complete piece of shit.

It's at your mom's house in a drawer next to the strap on she pegs your dad with.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

The strategy that keeps Donald Trump out of the White House?  You can have most of what you want or absolutely none of it.  I know it's a hard choice.

Well like it or not, this race is much closer than it should be. So, yeah, I'm going to criticize her strategy. This kind of performance is unacceptable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Harris needs to regain some momentum in the final weeks post the DNC convention hype. The media tour with Colbert, podcasts, etc are directionally positive.

Need a firm response to Hurricane Milton as everyone is watching. 

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Well like it or not, this race is much closer than it should be. So, yeah, I'm going to criticize her strategy. This kind of performance is unacceptable.

To understand your point, she should have repudiated their endorsements? And that would have captured the progressive wing? 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Conqueeftador said:

Matches with this

The Wall Street Journal, as always the voice of the working class.

But seriously yeah it is stuff like this that has me swinging wildly from cautious optimism to doomerism several times a day on this election.

13 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

You don't even have to pretend that.  You can realize that even pieces of shit like Dick Cheney realize that Trump is a next-level piece of shit who represents an extinction-level threat to the Republic.  That's how bad Trump is - even Dick Cheney thinks he sucks.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

To who? People that will find a way to bitch about anything? 

Unless Kamala promises Medicare for all, a full UBI plan, and marches with Palestinian protesters while chanting "from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free," she's disloyal to "the base" and should be punished for it.  Did you not get the far left purity test memo?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

To understand your point, she should have repudiated their endorsements? And that would have captured the progressive wing? 

No, but she's spent way too much time on the campaign trail focusing on all the conservatives who love her. Trying to appeal to conservatives is a waste of time. It didn't work for Hillary and I'm terrified it will backfire on Kamala. She locked up the Nevertrumper vote long ago.

The other Hillary strategy that I find to be a mistake is turning the election into a referendum on Trump. The recent messaging has been about 50% criticizing Trump and 50% "this is what I support." People are tired of Trump, and I think people begin to tune out when you talk about him, which is bad if your goal is to motivate people to vote.

Just now, kevwun said:

"Sydney Sweeney is ok, but her blowjobs are too enthusiastic." - chainsaw

Tell me you've never had a bad overly enthusiastic blowjob without telling me you've never had a bad overly enthusiastic blowjob