2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

You're forgetting the fundamental rule of conservatism: they always come home.

I'm glad you personally know some first time D voters, and I hope to see more of that, but the effort required to create those votes is much greater than the effort required to get people registered and motivated in your strongholds. I am not convinced these people exist in large enough numbers to matter.

f1cf4673-a731-4993-9e64-c7db7802e8c1_tex

78658aca-4ef8-40fb-b9c2-a98e013c5abc_tex

0a74fe6c-7e41-4d16-9f4e-f08c7e72fd85_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Do you think Rick Wilson and the Never Trumpers are going to go back now? 

That's my point, I guess. The NeverTrump berry is all out of juice. I'm not worried about the Rick Wilsons of the world. He isn't a swing state voter and isn't part of Trump's 15k margin of victory in Ripon. The NeverTrumpers left the GOP in 2016.

I'm just having a very difficult time imagining that there's an untapped voting bloc of people who supported Trump in 2020 but needed Liz Cheney's permission to vote for a woman of color from California. I understand the logic behind flipping an R to a D being worth more than mobilizing a nonvoter, but the degree of difficulty is so much higher. We're comparing onside kick recoveries to extra points here.

36 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Tim Walz is a bust. Doesn't seem to be helping the campaign at all.

I don’t know about that but I do wonder if she will end up regretting not picking someone who could have helped her more assuredly win AZ, PA, or MI. 
I am disappointed that Walz did not disqualify Vance.  He allowed Vance to convince a lot of fucking people that he’s normal and not crazy. 

Edited by CTC2

5 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I don’t know about that but I do wonder if she will end up regretting not picking someone who could have helped her more assuredly win AZ, PA, or MI. 

This shit has worked like once maybe twice in the last 70 years.  1960 LBJ, and that’s about it.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's dumber, and more malevolent than that.  It's "people are being harmed in Gaza, so we're going to act in a way to harm people here in the US.  That'll show you."

It's political terrorism, it's not much more complicated than that.

Way to make me sympathetic to your cause (sarcasm).  I have to give you everything you want, or you'll hurt me and my family?  Fuck YOU.

Well, that guy above said it best.  They can revolt and remove someone from power.  Yay, goody, great.  But you need to consider who takes power when you do that.  Revolution without regard to the outcome is foolish.

• Hook 'Em 3

Tampon Tim.

At first iI thought, "What a lame ass."

Then I realized there are a BUNCH of people that would love to use that as an 'insult' and this type of thing appeals to them. 

I've gotten too uppity, apparently.

Edited by Slacks
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Qpac is a good pollster, and those are bad numbers. I'd rather see Kamala win than see the Longhorns win CFP, so yeah I'm going to be concerned. Conservatives are not to be trusted and usually come home in November. I am not comfortable with a strategy that places any amount of trust in them as a voting bloc.

Whatever.  I just don’t think Kamala is losing votes because the Cheneys are voting for her and she acknowledges it.  

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

LOL can't wait for the video

Leeroy Jenkins!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This shit has worked like once maybe twice in the last 70 years.  1960 LBJ, and that’s about it.  

I could make the case Harris helped carry GA For Biden and certainly helped in other key markets in PA and WI.

trump team just free balling ….

The Trump campaign is dragging its feet on beginning the formal process allowing for a smooth transition of power.

The campaign has missed two major deadlines to sign required federal documents and has failed to file an ethics plan for his prospective admin.

The delay allows him to circumvent fundraising rules and ethics rules. 

• Rage+1 5

There are six males in my family. Catholic. Two Longhorns two Aggies two Red Raiders. We try not to talk politics at all, and we still have very good relationships with each other. Even with that unstated politics ban, they know what I think about Trump. 

Of the five others, I can tell three have wanted to suggest to me they think Trump is a retard and a joke.  Expressions not made pre-2020.  So from my vantage point it still feels like defections must be happening from his camp.  Maybe it’s Jan 6.  Maybe it’s just the passage of time has beat down all the self delusion that gets constructed around these voters.  

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

FDR was a progressive, you silly centrist. 
IMG_1421.thumb.jpeg.1abac4cbdf0d8fca3cd1e8a944e87b93.jpegIMG_1420.thumb.jpeg.24df9d8df2e01ee31859bce92dc07064.jpeg

FDR was also Uppah-Duppah Clahss with sailboats and dogs on radio and who knows what else that let you know that he was the Right Sort.

Not a screaming-on-the-corner kaffiyeh-clad nose-ring Poké-bowl-eating non-core-curriculum-knowing tech elf.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Dotard blathering on tonight about Howard Stern.  

"I dropped him like a dog"

Sure you did Don.  Right after he declined your request to introduce you at the RNC, because he told you he was supporting Hillary. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Regarding Quinnipac:

Here is a long answer. So if you look at the spread of each pollster's results from survey to survey, in the same geography, Quinnipiac tends to be very high. Eg take the 9 point swing in 3 weeks compared to their last MI poll. It's fine if you get percentages moving by 4.5 points (margins by 9) between surveys on occasion, but it was 8 points before that in MI and 7 points poll-to-poll in their most recent national survey. This is high compared to other pollsters. Generally this indicates that something about the methodology is producing more noise than you'd expect based only on the sample size of the poll. And the answer is that they are using random digit dialing and doing a lot of weighting, so the MOE is about 30% higher than it would normally be per their own disclosure, and the low response rates and representativeness are also probably causing some sort of non-response that isn't captured by these statistics. None of this is to say that Q polls are inaccurate, but they are seemingly less reliable than other methods that do more work to equalize response rates on the sampling end or use other design approaches to decrease effects of weighting and other non-sampling biases.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

FDR was also Uppah-Duppah Clahss with sailboats and dogs on radio and who knows what else that let you know that he was the Right Sort.

Not a screaming-on-the-corner kaffiyeh-clad nose-ring Poké-bowl-eating non-core-curriculum-knowing tech elf.

UT has a (famous) history prof with a good book on that

61NMqxE2ZTL._SL1200_.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

There are six males in my family. Catholic. Two Longhorns two Aggies two Red Raiders. We try not to talk politics at all, and we still have very good relationships with each other. Even with that unstated politics ban, they know what I think about Trump. 

Of the five others, I can tell three have wanted to suggest to me they think Trump is a retard and a joke.  Expressions not made pre-2020.  So from my vantage point it still feels like defections must be happening from his camp.  Maybe it’s Jan 6.  Maybe it’s just the passage of time has beat down all the self delusion that gets constructed around these voters.  

I think a lot of it is straight up Trump fatigue. The same person hasn’t run in 3 straight elections since FDR.  He’s been on the scene for so long and his act is getting old 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Trump campaign is dragging its feet on beginning the formal process allowing for a smooth transition of power.

The campaign has missed two major deadlines to sign required federal documents and has failed to file an ethics plan for his prospective admin.

So the penalty for breaking some rules is ... you get to break some other rules?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, that guy above said it best.  They can revolt and remove someone from power.  Yay, goody, great.  But you need to consider who takes power when you do that.  Revolution without regard to the outcome is foolish.

Oh. Exactly like aggy and their coach last year?  It’s almost as if aggy and dotard supporters are EXACTLY THE SAME. Not in a Venn diagram way, as we have a FUCK TON of longhorn fans on this very board that are too fucking dumb to make this connection. It’s fucking infuriating. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

They don't give a fuck about the transition, because they don't give a fuck about governing.  Remember 2016:  Obama was very grateful to W for easing his transition and ordered his staff to "pay it forward".   Every single department was completely ready to hand it over to Trump's people.  At the Department of Energy, the bosses were literally standing at the door as Trump took the oath, expecting that stupid fucking Aggie Rick Perry's team to walk through the door to take over.  The Obama people stood their with their cocks in their hands for hours before anybody from the Trump admin showed up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

They don't give a fuck about the transition, because they don't give a fuck about governing.  Remember 2016:  Obama was very grateful to W for easing his transition and ordered his staff to "pay it forward".   Every single department was completely ready to hand it over to Trump's people.  At the Department of Energy, the bosses were literally standing at the door as Trump took the oath, expecting that stupid fucking Aggie Rick Perry's team to walk through the door to take over.  The Obama people stood their with their cocks in their hands for hours before anybody from the Trump admin showed up. 

And when they did show up, the dotard people told them all to fuck off. Including the DOE people who were in charge of the nuclear fucking weapons. I’m amazed we aren’t dead. Or are we?

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And when they did show up, the dotard people told them all to fuck off. Including the DOE people who were in charge of the nuclear fucking weapons. I’m amazed we aren’t dead. Or are we?

Well we def all ended up in hell 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1