2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

6e9524d0-ea53-4d5d-bd8c-d166ccef723e.png

In order to deduct car loan interest I assume one would have to itemize.  But given his previous tax provisions, a much larger percentage of people take the standard deduction instead.  So they'll end up getting nothing out of it.  But I'm sure magats will crow about their tax cut on their monster truck loan interest and still fill out a 1040EZ with a standard deduction.  Take that libtards!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, troph said:

Trumps senility and decline in health is beyond anything Biden displayed and yet here we are. Not relitigating he’s drop out and Harris nomination I’m all in on that just befuddled trump is still allowed to hang on.

The average moron (and to be clear, all of here at Surly are above average morons) who is completely tuned out of politics or news in general, doesn't realize The doTArD is senile because they don't see endless clips of his senility from twitter or tik tok like we do. And in the brief glimpses they do see, he seems vigorous, or at least more vigorous than Biden. If you watch them speak with the sound off, The DOTarD looks like he is in better health. 

Different worlds, different realities. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He and chainsaw should have a debate. 

Inside a shipping container.

That's been welded shut.

Maybe with some air holes.  Maybe not.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

While amusing and fun to laugh at, doTARd's failure to speak coherently isn't changing anybody's mind. 

I just heard a story on NPR yesterday (I think it was yesterday) that said she is not doing well with black males under 50. 

I'm no sunshine pumper, you know this, but....oh noes.  Perhaps sub-optimal support among literally the lowest-turnout voting demographic in the country.  The "young black male" vote is only slightly larger than the "bakers of Albanian ancestry who are also Cleveland Browns fans" vote.  Kinda seriously.  Black women show up and vote.  Young black men...not so much.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The average moron (and to be clear, all of here at Surly are above average morons) who is completely tuned out of politics or news in general, doesn't realize The doTArD is senile because they don't see endless clips of his senility from twitter or tik tok like we do. And in the brief glimpses they do see, he seems vigorous, or at least more vigorous than Biden. If you watch them speak with the sound off, The DOTarD looks like he is in better health. 

Biden's big problem was his speech mannerisms, which made him sound like a really old man.  He was actually quite capable of putting together coherent thoughts on policy and his administration's accomplishments.  He did slip up on a country or person here or there, which wasn't great, though it was at least in the greater context of some sensible communication.  But it just made us cringe at times when he was trying to say those things, especially the June debate when it mattered the most.  

By comparison, yes, Trump appears vigorous, but for the past 2-3 months he's seemed incredibly low energy and even confused about his own ramblings and what he's trying to say.  Yet, for some reason, there's been nowhere near the media questions about his mental fitness.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm no sunshine pumper, you know this, but....oh noes.  Perhaps sub-optimal support among literally the lowest-turnout voting demographic in the country.  The "young black male" vote is only slightly larger than the "bakers of Albanian ancestry who are also Cleveland Browns fans" vote.  Kinda seriously.  Black women show up and vote.  Young black men...not so much.

The NYT Daily podcast had an episode earlier this week about the effects of NAFTA, specifically dialed in on the example of the MasterLock factory in Milwaukee which finally closed in March after decades of downsizing and disinvestment in favor of their Mexico plant.  They interviewed a black man around 40 who had worked there his entire adult life, rising to supervisor but now facing bleak job prospects.  Despite all that he still says he won't vote because "none of the candidates care about me" - but said if he HAD to vote it would be for Trump because "he's a businessman, and he's gangster".    

Edited by sasquatch69
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

56 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Well and a willingness of the liberal echo chamber to call a spade a spade. Pubs wont even acknowledge he’s lost his mind.

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

But....oh noes.  Perhaps sub-optimal support among literally the lowest-turnout voting demographic in the country.  The "young black male" vote is only slightly larger than the "bakers of Albanian ancestry who are also Cleveland Browns fans" vote.  Kinda seriously.  Black women show up and vote.  Young black men...not so much.

To that point, Harris appears to be polling better than Biden did among white people (and particularly white people over the age of 45.

If you tell me that Harris is picking up even 2 points among white people over 45, then I don't care if she drops 20 points among Black men.

• Hook 'Em 3

So basically the reason turnip is going to Colorado (today), California, and Illinois is because they believe the crowds they will garner in these blue areas (due to being forgotten because the state is going blue regardless) will look crazy and massive when they clip it for social media. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So basically the reason turnip is going to Colorado (today), California, and Illinois is because they believe the crowds they will garner in these blue areas (due to being forgotten because the state is going blue regardless) will look crazy and massive when they clip it for social media. 

hope they get a pic of everyone giving him the finger

Angry King Kong GIF by Kino Lorber

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He must be apoplectic that a tech company named Xformerlytwitter is not only censoring stories, but pushing other stories and also paying for votes. 

But also he must hate free speech since what he’s arguing is a big issue is companies exercising their free speech rights. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 27-25 said:

In order to deduct car loan interest I assume one would have to itemize.  But given his previous tax provisions, a much larger percentage of people take the standard deduction instead.  So they'll end up getting nothing out of it.  But I'm sure magats will crow about their tax cut on their monster truck loan interest and still fill out a 1040EZ with a standard deduction.  Take that libtards!

Yeah all of those combined won’t get the lower and lower middle class workers above the standard deduction. Maybe middle middle also

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Nevada

Also read that Clark and Washoe haven’t even sent out most of their ballots yet. But yeah, whatever Ralston says is the word. Up until the prediction blog on Nov 4, he is usually dramatic about it being “oh so very close” 

• Hook 'Em 2

Usually with Dotard quotes, I can sorta piece together what he's trying to say, because I pay way too much attention to all of this. But I have no idea what he is talking about here.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgjRvm8-jo3OhKJp63XInSjl1CZhmlWGiNQg&s

904c25db90840b31037abdd376063f2f.jpg

Because his brain is just a mush of free association, the circles on landing pads reminded him of those. And because there were so few people a Biden’s town halls (because of these circles), it meant that there was no way Trump could lose the election.

Just amazing stupidity in every thought.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Musk’s physical presence in PA helps how?

That reeks of desperation, not confidence 

Every decision they’ve made for the last 6 months, has been to try to motivate the younger, insecure, uneducated white men. They know it’s a largely low turnout voting block and the only place they really have where they can gain votes. 

The Vance pick, Trump speaking at crypto conferences, the types of podcasts he appears on, the ads that only focus on hate & fear, Musk suddenly being a centerpiece of his campaign. It’s all geared towards trying to keep 18-30 year old men engaged enough to turnout. 

Edited by heso
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

48 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Sorry guys, but Mark, Ed and Kenny on KLBJ AM just said that Trump has all the momentum & Harris is shedding black male voters. I guess we know where the red hats are getting their news from these days.

Jesus Christ, those guys are a beating. The content of their whole goddamn show is just middle-age white man griping and complaining about the government, their precious taxes, and people that don't look like them. So fucking put upon, these guys.

It's relentless. 

Oh, Sirius, save me.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

I highly doubt that she’s massively losing black men, but remember that Philadelphia county shifted to the right from Clinton to Biden.

653b82a362b2180d924eff206a15e301.jpg

PA is going to be close, how many of those blue arrows stay blue vs turn red, and how many of those red arrows grow this time?

5 minutes ago, heso said:

I highly doubt that she’s massively losing black men, but remember that Philadelphia county shifted to the right from Clinton to Biden.

653b82a362b2180d924eff206a15e301.jpg

PA is going to be close, how many of those blue arrows stay blue vs turn red, and how many of those red arrows grow this time?

If Biden is the starting point, I expect a lot of red arrows from inconsequential counties, and blue arrows where the women are, especially Black women.

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

If Biden is the starting point, I expect a lot of red arrows from inconsequential counties, and blue arrows where the women are, especially Black women.

Those blue arrows in SEPA are getting much bluer. He’s bleeding more support in the burbs and he’s already sucking wind there