2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

5 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

back to @Bozo_Casanova 's comment about Democrats needing to be better at messaging on the economy. I don't know what else they can do. They are actually putting programs into place to support and bolster the working and middle class. They have been better for the economy every single presidency going back to Carter. I don't think there is anything more they can do other than outright lie like the Republicans.

If you personally are struggling right now, whatever that means for you, none of that matter.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

This is the graph of the Yanks making the Rebs run out of PA like little bitches, right?

No, we never got that far north.  As it turns out, charging over a couple miles of open field into artillery fire wasn't a great plan.  But you know, YOLO!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

24 minutes ago, heso said:

I highly doubt that she’s massively losing black men, but remember that Philadelphia county shifted to the right from Clinton to Biden.

653b82a362b2180d924eff206a15e301.jpg

PA is going to be close, how many of those blue arrows stay blue vs turn red, and how many of those red arrows grow this time?

Trump will be luck to match his black numbers from 2020. We ain’t buying his bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

JBJ is getting pretty long in the tooth, and I hear that his concerts are...a struggle for his voice.  But he says something here that I've long thought is the definitive way to capture our political division.

The power of we, not of me.

What is the first fucking word in our founding fucking governing document?  WE.   The Constitution starts with "WE THE PEOPLE," not "ME THE PERSON."  WE get shit done.  WE are responsible for this country.  All of us.  Together.  Govern for ALL of us, or don't govern at all.  

He points to the enemy within - and just doesn't fucking get it.  He is the only president to ever gather his mob to assault the capitol to attempt to overthrow the government that belongs to ALL OF US, and he did it for HIM, and only him.

He can't die soon enough.  Just.  Fucking.  DIE ALREADY.

His concerts are MILF-a-palooza, though.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 4

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

JBJ is getting pretty long in the tooth, and I hear that his concerts are...a struggle for his voice.  But he says something here that I've long thought is the definitive way to capture our political division.

The power of we, not of me.

What is the first fucking word in our founding fucking governing document?  WE.   The Constitution starts with "WE THE PEOPLE," not "ME THE PERSON."  WE get shit done.  WE are responsible for this country.  All of us.  Together.  Govern for ALL of us, or don't govern at all.  

“Me, your favorite President Donald J. Trump, in Order to form what many people are saying is the perfect Confederate Union, establishes White Justice, insures domestic Hostility, provides for the common defence of our great friends in Russia and North Korea, shackles the general Welfare, and secures the Blessings of MAGA to ourselves and our Anglo ancestors, does very strongly ordain and very bigly establish this Constitution for the United States of America”

• Rage+1 2

36 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I cannot for the life of me believe we are a cunt hair away from this dumbass motherfucker sitting in the Oval Office again. 

What's worse is that the only reason we are is because our constitutionally mandated system for choosing a president is archaic and backward.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VivaNaranja said:

"Never fight uphill, M'boys!"

Robert E Lee

“Hear that boys, Marse Robert wants us to charge three quarters of a mile over an open field!  I would love to be out front with you, and I know you’ll do me proud, but I uhhhh got to do this here general stuff that is in the rear.”

General Longstreet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Off topic, but I wanted to make sure you erudite motherfuckers saw this wonderful opportunity to spend six hours in a car Saturday with me and Brisket.  He'll be on the ledge.  I'll be pumping sunshine.  It'll be great.

I hope your drive up is great because your drive back will be filled with tears.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

No, we never got that far north.  As it turns out, charging over a couple miles of open field into artillery fire wasn't a great plan.  But you know, YOLO!

My great great great grandfather and his brothers got called up in the Pennsylvania militia to help repel the traitors from crossing the border. 

And then one of them joined up and ended up riding with Sherman through Georgia. 

• Hook 'Em 7

9 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Lots of reasons to be bummed if Trump wins but I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I honestly think the biggest one is that the trials won't go forward. 

I think that should be a campaign issue.  Walz should be out there talking about how much fun it would be to see the trials going forward and how we will all miss out if they don't.

I know people who view politics as entertainment and like Trump for the giggles.

Won't it be fun to see him daily in Federal Court. Imagine the high jinx!

• Like 1

Those blue arrows in SEPA are getting much bluer. He’s bleeding more support in the burbs and he’s already sucking wind there 

The reason the western side of that map wasn’t more blue is because of this map.

7b9f688858e80dcdedfa0d3bb2ee6f12.jpg

And it’s why Trump is pushing the clip of Kamala saying she’ll ban fracking so hard in PA.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/10/2024 at 5:31 PM, Bevo in VA said:

Obama is the most gifted speaker of our generation.  Not sure who is even second but the gap is between 1 and 2 isn't close

I was going to put up some other contenders.  Then I watched the 45 minute speech.  Yeah, he's the best speaker of our generation.  

Edited by Tuco
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

dumbfucks who buy a hundred dollars worth of Trump

Of what? Steaks? Bibles? Stock in DJT?

THESE RUBES BUY ALL OF IT.

How many people told themselves that DJT was going to go through the roof? Moved it all over there. All the ridiculous doodads are cheap compared with buying into that scheme.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

On 10/10/2024 at 2:37 PM, G650 said:

Virginia Beach. I'm actually in the process of moving as we speak, we just bought a house around the corner on the water, but my current neighborhood probably has a median house price of 750k these days I'd say? So no one is hanging an engine block from the tree in the front yard, no. But my neighbor on the right has MAGA paraphernalia out 24/7 since 2016, and there's a couple other big Trumpers. If I took a wild guess I'd say my hood was 60/40 R/D. It's pretty much upper middle land.

We do have a lot of military in the region, 7 bases in a 60 mile radius or so, but the oceanfront is not as much a hotbed of that. Shore Dr., where @locodos is from, and Red Mill which is south and inland a bit are the real military loci.

I'm pretty sure my dad has at least one engine block in his yard.  Shit I'm guessing he has two minimum.  

We didn't have many military folks in our hood, just a few Nato officers.   But hey, when the ships are in that's a whole nother story.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I’m sorry who do you think “we” are? As far as I’m concerned, “we” are the United States of America and the side with Abraham Lincoln- but cool for you I guess 

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m sorry who do you think “we” are? As far as I’m concerned, “we” are the United States of America and the side with Abraham Lincoln- but cool for you I guess 

Sorry, I forgot my sarcasm font.  Just to be clear, they were idiots and traitors.  

• Hook 'Em 4