2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

“Hear that boys, Marse Robert wants us to charge three quarters of a mile over an open field!  I would love to be out front with you, and I know you’ll do me proud, but I uhhhh got to do this here general stuff that is in the rear.”

General Longstreet.

Other quotes after the Woah:

“ It is our duty to abandon ideas that are obsolete and conform to the requirements of law.”

“If it wasn't about slavery, then I don't know what else it was about.”

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, mchookem said:

outstanding!

Yes. Literal goosebumps. 

As a "Detroiter" (burbs), that little barb he threw definitely hurt some people in my generation. With few exceptions regardless of political affiliation, we rep Detroit and are very proud of it. It pissed me off - would have pissed me off if anyone said it - but at the same time it kinda delights me to think about the uncomfortable internal dilemma it's giving to dudes in Shelby Township (Macomb County R stronghold) with an old English D tatted on one forearm and 313 tatted on the other. Not going to change anyone's vote, but I guarantee you those dudes - and there are a lot of those dudes across the area - did not like that comment one bit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, Bookman said:

Trump isn't anywhere near who he was in 2016. He's much richer now though, after lining his pockets for four years and profiting off his power. Being President is probably the only successful business he's ever had. 

which is why he’ll run again in 2028. 

prob more profitable to lose next month for the guy campaigning in…ny and ca. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, locodos said:

I'm pretty sure my dad has at least one engine block in his yard.  Shit I'm guessing he has two minimum.  

We didn't have many military folks in our hood, just a few Nato officers.   But hey, when the ships are in that's a whole nother story.

Hot Tuna and CP Shuckers has become ground zero for the squids the past 20 years so there's been a lot of migration to those hoods. But that was kinda of a different observation, the Shore Dr corridor has just got really Trumpy from say Seashore to Lesner. Chicks Beach is probably 50/50, the Oceanfront probably 60/40 Dem.

I've been on the lookout for the Trump Train boat but he hasn't had it put lately, I did passthis yesterday though. He's had this 40 by 20 banner he puts on pontoons and puts at various locations around town.

20241011-115907.jpg

51 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I thought he doesn’t need one?

He didn't need/want the teleprompter in the past. Apparently, he now needs it to remember the fascist hits.

Overall, guy looks like crap, lumbering, low energy. Kamala should be saying "Dude looks rough. Is he sick? Do you think this dude can make it 4 years." Challenge the bully and watch him slink away.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Okay, new polls have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for Trump to hit rock bottom, so they can lol. Which means that Fox News personalities are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn viewers, and the election is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the anti-immigrant grip! And my wife ain't gonna f--, my wife ain't gonna make love to me if Trump loses the election!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "CHANGE YOUR STRATEGY!" to help Trump before his poll numbers keep dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

He's right, Mortimer.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Updated 183 report: on my drive from Austin to Port O’Connor there was a SHOCKING number of Harris/Walz signs/billboards in Victoria.  There were, of course, a lot of Trump signs.  But I would say in Victoria proper it was 4:1 Trump:Harris.  In 2020 the number was easily 10x if not 100x; hell, I don’t remember seeing a Biden sign in that town 4 years ago.  And the total number of Trump signs on that 150 mile stretch seems significantly lower than 4 years ago.  Another encouraging sign was the number of clusters of signs in Lockhart, Luling, and Gonzales that had all local Republican candidates, but NO Trump signs.  Only new cringe was a ranch outside Cuero that installed a flag pole near the highway with a 4’x6’ Trump flag.

That same place in Cuero always has some comment about the US being a banana republic or some stupid shit written on it. When you come the other way you'll always see the AK/AR gun flag from some other ranch. You have confirmed what I wrote awhile back about this stretch with the disappearing Trump signs. There's just not as much enthusiasm, if that's what it should be called.

2 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Harris dropped her medicals, time for the fat orange fuck to get some half ass doctor to write a letter telling us that he was more fit that the athletes in Paris this summer.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/25201730-vp-harris-health-summary

“Her medical report was littered with being called unremarkable. Unlike my health, the doctor said he’s never seen anyone like me. Healthier than LeBron James, I could dunk on him easily if I didn’t want to embarrass him. 6’5, 200 pounds. So remarkable”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

The NYT over sample of black voters found:

She retains 92% of Biden’s 2020 black voters while shedding 5%

Trump is holding 85% of his black voters while shedding 15%

Harris leads 61-24 among 2020 black nonvoters - so this is where his supposed “strength” lies, with black voters who probably won’t turn out

Good thing for Trump he has an amazing ground game and - wait, he doesn’t. And the polls usually overshoot GOP support with black voters by a few points every cycle (because of non-voters)

• Hook 'Em 3