2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The NYT over sample of black voters found:

She retains 92% of Biden’s 2020 black voters while shedding 5%

Trump is holding 85% of his black voters while shedding 15%

Harris leads 61-24 among 2020 black nonvoters - so this is where his supposed “strength” lies, with black voters who probably won’t turn out

Good thing for Trump he has an amazing ground game and - wait, he doesn’t. And the polls usually overshoot GOP support with black voters by a few points every cycle (because of non-voters)

You mean to tell me that the Times is portraying a poll that literally shows relative improvement for Harris vs 2020 as bad news for Harris? I’m shocked!

14 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Such a great article. Thanks for posting! Charlie echoes what I've been seeing the last few years, but he puts it into words so much better and more understandably than I ever possibly could. Highly recommend!!

It reminds me of when I was still working at fire dispatch taking 911 calls. Starting a few years ago we started getting calls at all hours from people who didn't have any emergency but would just ramble on and on with conspiracy theories, berating us and telling us we were complicit in the conspiracy, etc, etc. It was bizarre, and it fits right right in with what Charlie Warzel is talking about.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

At the 5 min mark of the video below a woman says the quiet part out loud. When faced with the question of did Trump lie about the eating pets thing she said that nobody really cares whether it is a lie or not, what they care about is people coming here from other countries not respecting our culture of language.

This is exactly why they excuse anything wild he says and vote against their own economic interests. It's why immigration is such a hot button on the political landscape. The US has always insulted White America by putting it's proverbial thumb on the head of other ethnic groups. Black Americans can tell you the scariest times are when White Americans are made to feel uncomfortable and afraid, and right now they feel uncomfortable and afraid. Trump is tapping that vein the same way Hitler did. The crazy part to me is ethnic people voting for him. If he gets back in office and starts deporting immigrants, do they think he stops with them? Immigrants, then citizens, then gays, and anyone not "poisoning the blood of our country".

28 minutes ago, Bojack said:

That reminds me. I need to get this t shirt in time for the Georgia game.

r/PoliticalHumor - SEC CHAMPION 1864-1865

Back to back greatness.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Sherman should have burned the South to ashes.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Harris dropped her medicals, time for the fat orange fuck to get some half ass doctor to write a letter telling us that he was more fit that the athletes in Paris this summer.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/25201730-vp-harris-health-summary

They made competitive McDonald’s eating an Olympic sport? Screw the Woke IOC.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

You mean to tell me that the Times is portraying a poll that literally shows relative improvement for Harris vs 2020 as bad news for Harris? I’m shocked!

Not to mention in terms of voting intention of black voters -

97.5% of Harris’ black vote intend to vote. Only 84% for Trump 

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Too bad Dubya killed his career. 

Tony Blair killed his own career.  British history is replete with examples of mp’s in disfavor, only to sit on the sidelines and regain power when the political winds shift. 

I do love how their Parliament requires the PM answer questions on the floor, many of which are challenging or adversarial.  There was an audio I heard of Blair in this venue and he was extraordinary.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, swraith said:

My neighbor across the street in 78757 put on this same sign this week.

It will never make sense to me that a single veteran or active member of our military will vote for this literal piece of human garbage when he has nothing but awful things to say about the military. This coward shirked duty in Vietnam by faking an injury while people who weren’t privileged had to go over there. Many of us here have dads and other relatives who went over when their number came up, but not this shrinking violet. It’s just incredible the cognitive dissonance on display. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Shedding 5% would be a net loss over shedding 15% if the base of the first is 3x the second.  Which it is. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Why does he look like he’s taking a shit?

image.thumb.png.eb960c60c8c526950f2da9c4bd01a3d0.png

So many reasons I want Kamala, Walz to win this. A couple of them that I don't think about much:

1. I don't want this pseudo intellectual, eye liner wearing creep with his weirdo beard to be a big part of American politics for 4 or 8 or however many years. I don't want to think about this guy again until he's up for re-election in 2028.

2. If Dotard becomes President again with immunity and no guard rails, his corrupt ass will enrich himself to the point of being one of the wealthiest people that ever lived. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

It will never make sense to me that a single veteran or active member of our military will vote for this literal piece of human garbage when he has nothing but awful things to say about the military. This coward shirked duty in Vietnam by faking an injury while people who weren’t privileged had to go over there. Many of us here have dads and other relatives who went over when their number came up, but not this shrinking violet. It’s just incredible the cognitive dissonance on display. 

And in 20 years almost none of them will admit they voted for him. 

History is going to be brutal on Trump and no one will admit they bought the con. 

• Hook 'Em 6

22 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Which app do you use? I usually just use ADSB Exchange in the browser, didn’t think they had an app. 

ADS-B Unfiltered Plane Tracker. It's awesome. Anything flies over our house that I'm curious about, I can ID it within seconds.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

this has to be photoshopped 

Nah, they take a lot of shots and pick the one they want. Reminds me of this Newsweek cover with Michele Bachmann back in the day - she was pretty photogenic and they picked what had to be one of the worst pics of her ever. Y'all remember when the Tea Party was the big thing we were all worried about?

image.thumb.png.8485ca5a5b3f0a51c9ab5e5adae249d0.png

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Yes?   It’s still here, it just goes by MAGA now 

Does make you sort of wonder what happened to the born again virgin Christine O'Donnell (not really, who fucking cares), but damn, her lunacy would seem minor by today's standards.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

image.thumb.png.acc4513ebd1e9d0ebbd6b2811f2ffaa3.png

So it should come as no surprise that none of that shit happened.  

You would think that today, people would recognize that the fear mongering is exactly that - fear mongering.  Every one of those people in that photo has a new boogeyman, and it’s not the thing that really needs to be feared.

• Hook 'Em 1