2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

People with brains watching and listening to Trump: "Um, he sounds legitimately insane now."

Trump: "Many people are saying Kamala is insane!"

It's almost like, all together now, every accusation is a confession. 

I mean, he called her a retard. That is my far the most tone deaf projection he’s done. If he calls her an ignorant fascist painted in makeup next, the simulation will just explode 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I think it would be a nice gesture for her to take a cognitive exam. With a doctor looking for a bit of fame. Perhaps said doctor would extoll her mastery of the exam, which happens to be a much more difficult one than the one Donald “barely passed.” The doctor’s words would provoke an entertaining meltdown; and isn’t that the job of a president, to provide entertaining content for our mews programs?

Honestly, there's something to this. Maybe it can't pierce his veil of narcissism, but if she does an IQ test and cognitive test and releases them, and they're all way better than Trump's numbers, which he knows, he could have another unhinged meltodwn. Not that those are are, mind you. 

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The lack of media pushback on his "retard" comment is damning.  I understand that the average Joe is inured to his bluster, but the media should do their fucking job.

At this point he could call her a variety of racial slurs and it would be a "Trump continues his aggressive language! Will it work for him?" media response.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

Plouffe was on PSA and had some interesting campaign nuggets -

They like their internal polling in the swing states - close races but they numbers beneath the top line are much better for her than him 

They are doing the same thing Biden’s campaign did by inflating Trump’s numbers/groups favorable to him in their internal numbers to prevent complacency and ensure volunteers are working that much harder on specific groups, such as Latinos, young voters, black men, etc 

Re: that Latino poll, the campaign is targeting 60% Latino support and feels that that number as a baseline is enough to win 

• Hook 'Em 6

38 minutes ago, Red Five said:

People with brains watching and listening to Trump: "Um, he sounds legitimately insane now."

Trump: "Many people are saying Kamala is insane!"

It's almost like, all together now, every accusation is a confession. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extreme-rhetoric.html

• Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, immamac said:

I still don't understand why Trump gets any respect from anyone or any air time from any news outlet. I've never understood the whole allure of him getting ratings etc. It's not good TV. 

Wrestling gets ratings. Watch a Trump speech from 2016 and watch Ric Flair or Macho Man or some shit like that.

For a brief brief oh so brief moment he touched that sun performance wise (it’s always been bullshit).

Everybody chasing the dragon ever since

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

3 weeks to go. Where is everyone's head with how this will resolve.

I still think Harris is going to eke out a small EC win by early Wed morning. I'm guessing she wins with PA and NV. 

No real difference. Think she trades GA for NC and wins the Blue Wall, AZ, NV

303-235 and wins the PV by about 5 million votes or so 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

KamalaHQ would be a totally inactive account if you delete tweets that are about Trump.

She needs to remember also to make the positive case, especially on the economy.

No.

To everything here.

That account is doing its job.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm unsure if Quaid is a true believer or just someone recognizing that he appeals to MAGA so therefore he can earn money from them. Probably a bit of both especially given the crazy in his family

He’s got a Reagan biopic out that he’s trying to sell tickets to,

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

3 weeks to go. Where is everyone's head with how this will resolve.

I still think Harris is going to eke out a small EC win by early Wed morning. I'm guessing she wins with PA and NV. 

On Election Day, about an hour after the polls close and before results are in, Trump will be on TV declaring victory and thanking everyone to chants of "four more years".  He will put everyone on the defensive to say "well actually the results are coming in and it looks like Harris may have won PA/MI/WI/whatever".  Trump will say "the fake news is going to tell you that Kamala won but that's a lie."

It will be close all night and it will come down to PA and it might not be decided by morning.  It's going to be a long wait. I think Harris wins the blue wall states to clinch and maybe picks up Nevada to get to 276.  Trump picks up Arizona, Georgia, and North Carolina.

The next day, the shitshow begins.  Lawsuits, press conferences at landscaping companies, people with signs.  It's not going to be great.  The shitshow continues into December with rallies at state capitol buildings and "conventions" of alternative electors and a bunch of crazy stuff from the red team.

DC gets locked down over the holidays prepping for what is supposed to be a ceremonial count.  Harris as VP counts electoral votes and puts 276 in her column FTW.  Trump announces he is a candidate for the 2028 election, primarily to keep raising money and stay out of prison.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Honestly, there's something to this. Maybe it can't pierce his veil of narcissism, but if she does an IQ test and cognitive test and releases them, and they're all way better than Trump's numbers, which he knows, he could have another unhinged meltodwn. Not that those are are, mind you. 

You realize this is not how his game works right? 

She could ace said exam, best score ever... He will say it was fake and he knows more about testing than anyone and his scores are higher. 

It's a waste of brain to even consider it. 

Edited by Slacks
  • Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

On Election Day, about an hour after the polls close and before results are in, Trump will be on TV declaring victory and thanking everyone to chants of "four more years".  He will put everyone on the defensive to say "well actually the results are coming in and it looks like Harris may have won PA/MI/WI/whatever".  Trump will say "the fake news is going to tell you that Kamala won but that's a lie."

It will be close all night and it will come down to PA and it might not be decided by morning.  It's going to be a long wait. I think Harris wins the blue wall states to clinch and maybe picks up Nevada to get to 276.  Trump picks up Arizona, Georgia, and North Carolina.

The next day, the shitshow begins.  Lawsuits, press conferences at landscaping companies, people with signs.  It's not going to be great.  The shitshow continues into December with rallies at state capitol buildings and "conventions" of alternative electors and a bunch of crazy stuff from the red team.

DC gets locked down over the holidays prepping for what is supposed to be a ceremonial count.  Harris as VP counts electoral votes and puts 276 in her column FTW.  Trump announces he is a candidate for the 2028 election, primarily to keep raising money and stay out of prison.

I hate most of your post but it ends well. I would love to see Trump continue to tie up the GOP for an extended period thru 2028 or whenever he dies. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

DC gets locked down over the holidays prepping for what is supposed to be a ceremonial count.

Needs to happen regardless. New Congress sworn in Jan 3 and if it’s a Dem House majority, it HAS to be locked down to prevent some crazies from trying to kill Dem representatives 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

All of this.

Except sprinkle in some bloodshed/violence.  There will be an assault on at least one state capitol by Trumpists attempting to either stop a legislative action of some sort, or force one.  Otherwise, 90% or more of this is what's going to happen.  Except, of course, I'm not sure at all that Kamala will get the votes.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

John Oliver's main story about Trump trying to steal another election was pretty sobering last night, especially the parts about Georgia, which seems like a lost cause at this point.

Can somebody please talk me off the ledge?

Cannonball! Cannonball!

44 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

KamalaHQ would be a totally inactive account if you delete tweets that are about Trump.

She needs to remember also to make the positive case, especially on the economy.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9523b14hexwzlwtxuunbm3

image.png.5c5d1b54b25b4075c2863a5b8810450f.png

image.png.1c9f2cbc620ee16db425b43a29724f5e.png

Now tell me, where do you think the best place to talk about policy would be?

4 minutes ago, Slacks said:

She could ace said exam, best score ever... He will say it was fake and he knows more about testing than anyone and his scores are higher. 

You clearly didn't understand my post. I'm not talkinga about what his response would be to this publicly. I'm talking about him unraveling privately becuase he knows a black woman is smarter than him. The same way the Lincoln Project aired ads in DC and Mar A Lago area for an audience of one.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I don’t see the base being as fired up this time since he’s not currently in office but Biden will definitely out the military on high alert to prevent another insurrection. Also more cameras to catch them all and lock them the fuck away.

DC will 100% be locked down on the day that Congress certifies the vote and potentially on inauguration day. 100% necessary but this action will also play into the MAGA's (notice how Q Anon has now fully morphed into MAGA) conspiracies.

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm unsure if Quaid is a true believer or just someone recognizing that he appeals to MAGA so therefore he can earn money from them. Probably a bit of both especially given the crazy in his family

He once defended the president. Now he’s taken up with this guy.

IMG_5160.png.983e4b4f7b3f88036a0e27a890a8344c.png

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hate most of your post but it ends well. I would love to see Trump continue to tie up the GOP for an extended period thru 2028 or whenever he dies. 

It’ll be interesting if he tries, because that would make for 8 solid years of him being out of office due to his losing while still taking money away from the GOP and funneling it to his businesses. That’s going to piss off a lot of Republican politicians who are not getting any younger, especially as he gets more senile. I can only imagine the crazy come late January,

Bonus: he’d probably toss Vance and Thiel under the bus, and Vance being young would have to decide whether to passively let Trump try and destroy his present and future political career, or take some of Thiel’s money and go after Trump.  And Thiel is a vindictive little asshole who plays a long game against those who have wronged him.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

DC will 100% be locked down on the day that Congress certifies the vote and potentially on inauguration day. 100% necessary but this action will also play into the MAGA's (notice how Q Anon has now fully morphed into MAGA) conspiracies.

Who fucking cares, once he loses, he's fucking done, and we can all move the fuck on. Let the republican party try to move past him, not our fucking problem anymore.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I really appreciate your updates, your knowledge about what various polls mean, and your insights about the "numbers behind the numbers." I feel good about her winning if people actually get out a vote as expected. If she loses I will blame you for consistently giving me hope lol.

Right now, I am thinking there is a 30% chance Trump wins a close one, 30% chance Harris wins a close one, and 40% chance Harris wins in a blowout.

I have decided to follow this election closely, despite knowing how crushed I will be if Trump wins. I figure I was already crushed a few months ago after watching the Biden debate. Worst case scenario is I got an extra 4 months of hope before 4 years of distraction and despair. Best case scenario is I get to watch America turn the page on this stupid, ugly chapter. This is Midway, and I can’t stop watching now.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Right now, I am thinking there is a 30% chance Trump wins a close one, 30% chance Harris wins a close one, and 40% chance Harris wins in a blowout.

I have decided to follow this election closely, despite knowing how crushed I will be if Trump wins. I figure I was already crushed a few months ago after watching the Biden debate. Worst case scenario is I got an extra 4 months of hope before 4 years of distraction and despair. Best case scenario is I get to watch America turn the page on this stupid, ugly chapter. This is Midway, and I can’t stop watching now.

I just can’t square the district polling and large sample polls of Latino voters, Asian voters, young voters and black voters with the state polls and tiny sub-samples in those polls. They don’t add up. 

The district polling was a huge warning sign in 2016, as was the GOP’s performance in special elections leading up to 2016. It’s been the exact opposite this year. There will have been signs if she wins easily.

Debbie Dingell at this time in 2016 was screaming that Hillary was going to lose Michigan. A lot of people just hand waved it away as typical pre-election BS.  Some of these state politicians know their state very well and will sound the alarms. I haven’t seen much of that 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Slacks said:

It doesn't matter what he says.  Poking the bear to get the freakout is the point.  His base won't care, but a small number of undecideds might.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

The lack of media pushback on his "retard" comment is damning.  I understand that the average Joe is inured to his bluster, but the media should do their fucking job.

The Times finally reported on Milley calling Trump a fascist and the most dangerous person to America today. What is that, four days late? And they buried it in like the 25th paragraph of a puff piece about Trump voters.  Meanwhile the Harvard President's dissertation citations got something like a dozen front page stories and/or op-eds a year ago.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3