2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I *sort of* agree with this. 

Blacks who are Jehovah’s Witness and part of the Holiness churches have always been more right leaning. The more middle class nondenominational Blacks are also some of the ones who don’t want to be known as being “those Blacks” and can lean to the right but mostly stay Dem. 

I still see that more Blacks who go right/far right do it because they have been shunned culturally by the “in-group” Blacks in their community whether that be because of the way they talk, dress, or act. 

IMG_0261.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

3.  By age - 291k of cast votes are from those 65 and older.  (Not fretting this, the older typically vote early)

There have been numerous reports that the really old olds are moving more blue - maybe having their social security threatened and being told to die in order to save the economy isn't a great campaign strategy?  It's the "younger" boomers and older Gen-X that are the real shitheels.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, G650 said:

My man Snoop

Snoop in January:

“Donald Trump?” Snoop Dogg said. “He ain’t done nothing wrong to me. He has done only great things for me. He pardoned Michael Harris.”

Knight, alongside Harris and Dr. Dre, co-founded the Death Row Records record label in the 1990s, which signed Snoop Dogg early in his career. Harris was convicted of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder but was pardoned by Trump in 2021 after serving 30 years of a 25-year-to-life sentence, according to USA Today. Before leaving office, Trump pardoned Harris, along with 69 others.

“I have nothing but love and respect for Donald Trump,” Snoop added.

• Like 1

Back to the racist shit, did anyone else have a parent that cheered for sports teams based on the "BYU rule"? The more white kids on the team the more they liked them. It was meant in a half joke half serious way. Boomers from the South are much better than their parents or grandparents, but they're still a transitional generation on race relations.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Snoop in January:

“Donald Trump?” Snoop Dogg said. “He ain’t done nothing wrong to me. He has done only great things for me. He pardoned Michael Harris.”

Knight, alongside Harris and Dr. Dre, co-founded the Death Row Records record label in the 1990s, which signed Snoop Dogg early in his career. Harris was convicted of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder but was pardoned by Trump in 2021 after serving 30 years of a 25-year-to-life sentence, according to USA Today. Before leaving office, Trump pardoned Harris, along with 69 others.

“I have nothing but love and respect for Donald Trump,” Snoop added.

I know. I'm glad he turned that around.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Sounds to me like Snoop has opened his fucking eyes over the past 9 months.  I'll take it.

Ed Zachary

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My ballot gets mailed to me today. Still unsure if ballots are staged at post offices and that means the carriers deliver them today, or if they hit the mail today from some other locations, the state website is not clear on that.  Either way I expect to be able to mark it up this weekend and toss it in a drop box on Monday.   So I got that going for me, which is nice. 

Must be nice.  Here, if someone mails something it takes at least a full week to receive it even if it's only across town.

Republicans got smart in 2020 and realized how stupid and easily influenced most rappers are. Got in their ear with right ring talking points and money. You seriously will not find 1 mainstream rapper that supports Harris. Snoop, Ice Cube, Kanye, are all pretty vocal Trump supporters. Eminem ironically is not. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Back to the racist shit, did anyone else have a parent that cheered for sports teams based on the "BYU rule"? The more white kids on the team the more they liked them. It was meant in a half joke half serious way. Boomers from the South are much better than their parents or grandparents, but they're still a transitional generation on race relations.

Me personally, no. Parents cheered for their school teams when they were still the segregated teams of their childhoods, then kept on cheering for the same teams when they were integrated.

Dad also cheered for the Packers because he played high school ball with Bart Starr. Don't remember any commentary about race of players.

BUT down the street there were a couple of twangy families who no doubt did so. I remember one of their moms saying a little rhyme to the effect that Auburn's team was white and Alabama wasn't. But they were country.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Is Ice Cube still considered a rapper?

I was going to say, all that post tells me is that Helobious is now an old. None of those guys are mainstream rappers. Snoop is famous for being himself, Ice Cube is an actor you see sometimes, and Kanye is that crazy guy who married Kim Kardashian and interrupted Taylor Swift. This isn't 2006.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Nope, because my parents were actually, literally not racist. I grew up with Hakeem Olajuwon posters in my bedroom, the Rockets were our favorite sports team, and not because of Scott Brooks. My mom's favorite Texas Longhorn is Vince Young. My dad's favorite Astros coach is Dusty Baker.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Back in my Jr. High / HS days, the racist kids rooted for the Celtics while those of us that were cool rooted for the Lakers.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kamala-harris-holds-star-studded-151946714.html

Vice President Kamala Harris celebrated Hip-Hop’s 50th anniversary on Saturday (Sept. 9). Harris threw the star-studded event at her D.C. home, inviting over 400 guests. Rap royalty including Common, Lil Wayne, Slick Rick, D-Nice, Doug E. Fresh, Jeezy, MC Lyte, Roxanne Shante, and more popped out for the house party.

A few older guys might be dumb enough to support Trump but the hip hop world is not likely to be friendly territory for him or other MAGAts

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Republicans got smart in 2020 and realized how stupid and easily influenced most rappers are. Got in their ear with right ring talking points and money. You seriously will not find 1 mainstream rapper that supports Harris. Snoop, Ice Cube, Kanye, are all pretty vocal Trump supporters. Eminem ironically is not. 

wrong.  again.

WATCH: Lil Jon performs during Democratic National Convention state roll  call | 2024 DNC Night 2 - YouTube

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You think those people are mainstream rappers today? Kids who listen to rap have never fucking heard Ice Cube rap in his life. But since you want some proof, Megan Thee Stallion literally endorsed Kamala at her first rally.

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Those are dad rappers. They are no longer mainstream.

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kamala-harris-holds-star-studded-151946714.html

A few older guys might be dumb enough to support Trump but the hip hop world is not likely to be friendly territory for him or other MAGAts

Common I would’ve guessed. Lil Wayne is surprising, he was a Trump guy in 2020 and met with him.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Those are dad rappers. They are no longer mainstream.

Younger folks are going to look at Ice Cube as the goofy dad from the "Are we there yet?" movies.  Sort of like how most people under 30 think of Ice T an actor on one of the bazillion cop shows we have.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 4th&Five said:

This is likely his response to Kamala being asked about Trump calling her the border czar and she said she doesn't have time to respond to all his stupid nicknames for her or she'd never get her message out 

2 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I really have never followed or watched wrestling ever. Closest I ever got was playing WWF: Westlemania the arcade game back in the day, which was made by the Mortal Kombat people. But I know Dave from movies and he's fucking awesome. Huge fan as well, Dude is legitimately a great actor and has some crazy range, I love the more serious roles he's been getting. I became a huge fan during that scene in GotG2 when the mantis chick touches him and immediately starts sobbing heavy tears while he has this super calm expression on his face.

EDIT: This scene:

And this guy came up to me… Big guy. A big blue guy with big muscles and red tattoos and no shirt on. He kind of looked like an alien. And he had tears in his eyes. He said “Sir, thank you.” This big tough guy with tears in his eyes said “Thank you, sir, for killing Thanos and bringing half of the universe back from the dead.”

No one has done more for The Avengers than me. I helped them out. Bigly.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Younger folks are going to look at Ice Cube as the goofy dad from the "Are we there yet?" movies.  Sort of like how most people under 30 think of Ice T an actor on one of the bazillion cop shows we have.  

LL Cool J is the guy on that NCIS show grandma watches.

T-Y-P-E-G-U-Y I'm that type of guy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

"He was so gangsta, I used to have dreams that Ice Cube came to my house and killed my whole family."

"That dude that makes family movies? He was a gangsta rapper?"

AND THAT WAS 20 FUCKING YEARS AGO, LMFAOOOOOOOO AT "MAINSTREAM RAPPERS" BRO YOUR ASS IS OLD AS SHIT

• Haha 1

I trust Pancho over Helio when it comes to what the black community thinks of these "rappers" supporting Trump.

Most of the things I see on Black People Twitter is mocking them and calling them traitors and Uncle Ruckuses doing it for the grift.  Ain't no gullible market like the MAGAs.

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I was going to say, all that post tells me is that Helobious is now an old. None of those guys are mainstream rappers. Snoop is famous for being himself, Ice Cube is an actor you see sometimes, and Kanye is that crazy guy who married Kim Kardashian and interrupted Taylor Swift. This isn't 2006.

I’m not an old but I don’t listen to much rap anymore, and used to be pretty plugged in I loved Kid Cudi, Eminem, and Tyler back when I was in high school. In college it was Denzel Curry, Lil Peep, A$AP Rocky and $uicideboys.  Genre fell off a mountain after that. I honestly couldn’t tell you a young big time rapper right now. I bet most average people couldn’t either, it’s really fallen off in popularity to pop music

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m not an old but I don’t listen to much rap anymore, and used to be pretty plugged in I loved Kid Cudi, Eminem, and Tyler back when I was in high school. In college it was Denzel Curry, Lil Peep, A$AP Rocky and $uicideboys.  Genre fell off a mountain after that. I honestly couldn’t tell you a young big time rapper right now. I bet most average people couldn’t either, it’s really fallen off in popularity to pop music

YouTube

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You've never heard of Travis Scott? Kendrick Lamar? Childish Gambino? Future? Like all of these are the most surface rappers I can think of, Travis Scott had a fucking McDonalds meal named after him.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed