2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Siap been out today and this thread moves fast…

on the not great news front Ralston is starting his deep dive on Nevada and thinks Harris is in danger based on shrinking dem adv in registration. He’s currently saying Harris needs to win independents by 3 pts, Biden won em by 6 for reference. 

• Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That sounds extremely doable 

The difference in strategy is fascinating. Republicans: "We have this in the bag. We are most definitely winning." Hell Trump is saying out loud "We don't need any more votes." 

Dems: "Looking grim guys. Gonna need a minor miracle, like getting fewer independents in Nevada than Biden got in 2020." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Great. Did she sound articulate, quick on her feet and thoughtful?  I bet she did. All the while he’s outside screaming potato, but it’s important to reach these people and somehow get them to actually hear her, which they’ve been actively avoiding. He’ll still scream potato while the media talks about his love for the quality vegetables from labor and knowledge of cultivation—a real man of the earth and pro farmer. It’s almost like the media does his talking for him. She can interview wherever, different rules man.  

But maybe she can convince a few that she’s not scary or looking to destroy their teetering livelihood of bad decisions. Whatever, a simple interview on any media can give them that same insight. How many Aggie minds do you think she changed? How about west Texas types? Independents that can actually stomach Fox?  Based on nothing, I’d guess that liberals watching specifically to see how she’d do is a large part of that audience. Few come away from almost voting for a cult with whew, till that Fox interview I was going to vote for potato. 

You’re right. She shouldn’t try to sway anyone. In fact she just should have shown up and Tom Herman flipped 2 birds and said “fuck y’all racist fucks” and flipped her chair and left. On the way out she should have said “fuck Palestine” too. Not that the Dearborn caucus was going to vote for her anyway, she lacks their purity quotient. 

You and chainsaw should get together and go bowling. She got massive ratings on a  network that has NEVER been exposed to her, and she did well enough that multiple fox hosts said later she should be pleased with her performance. The fact you think only texags watch Fox News is telling…I know several “Independents” who watch Fox News. 

Grow up. You meet people where they are, and you’re sitting over there going “fuck it everyone’s dumb.” Thanks but I have a fucking 7 year old, I need to at least think his future has a shot. So yeah, if she got one fucking vote I’ll take it. Or better yet, she makes people stay home. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That sounds extremely doable 

I’d like to understand what else changed. Nevada was fairly close, Biden won 6% of independents. Hard to see Harris doing worse, but ok. 

weird the extensive GOTV network in Nevada, which didn’t knock doors in 2020 thanks to COVID isn’t getting more positive numbers than Biden got…

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’d like to understand what else changed. Nevada was fairly close, Biden won 6% of independents. Hard to see Harris doing worse, but ok. 

weird the extensive GOTV network in Nevada, which didn’t knock doors in 2020 thanks to COVID isn’t getting more positive numbers than Biden got…

Ralston also is an overreaction guy early. His constant “we matter” is 100% to keep getting clicks. 

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The difference in strategy is fascinating. Republicans: "We have this in the bag. We are most definitely winning." Hell Trump is saying out loud "We don't need any more votes." 

Dems: "Looking grim guys. Gonna need a minor miracle, like getting fewer independents in Nevada than Biden got in 2020." 

Yeah I’m not a Democratic bedwetter 

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I spent most of Monday at the state fair. It was very interesting. I saw a ton of people wearing Harris Walz hats and Harris Walz shirts. I also saw an older African-American guy walking around with wearing a shirt that said “Trump Deez Nutz”. 
I saw one skinny Hispanic teenager wearing a red MAGA hat, and he was being clowned behind his back.
Of course, you could say that was Dallas and Dallas is not like the rest of Texas, and that’s true. Dallas is full of people and the rest of Texas is mostly empty. I hat said, in 2016 and 2020 I saw lots of MAGA hats and almost no evidence of support for Clinton or Biden.
My point is that I just don’t see the enthusiasm the way that we used to for Trump or the Trump campaign right now, and I see more enthusiasm than I have seen for an Democratic presidential campaign since 2008.

I was in fucking Garland the other day and saw this. Shitty photo quality but it was a Harris/Walz house that had a big “Prosecutor v. Felon” sign and a “Country Over Party” sign. I don’t think this was a bleeding heart lib house. Just a Texan who is sick of Trump’s shit. It goes to Rick Wilson’s post about GOP friends who just don’t want to put up with 4 more years of Trump. There’s no enthusiasm for that.

IMG_2297.thumb.jpeg.9d4829283b79837bd16939114b1dc76f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

32 minutes ago, bluto said:

Siap been out today and this thread moves fast…

on the not great news front Ralston is starting his deep dive on Nevada and thinks Harris is in danger based on shrinking dem adv in registration. He’s currently saying Harris needs to win independents by 3 pts, Biden won em by 6 for reference. 

I remember Carville saying he wouldn't be surprised if the R's won NV and the D's won NC and that was a a few months ago.

18 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I was in fucking Garland the other day and saw this. Shitty photo quality but it was a Harris/Walz house that had a big “Prosecutor v. Felon” sign and a “Country Over Party” sign. I don’t think this was a bleeding heart lib house. Just a Texan who is sick of Trump’s shit. It goes to Rick Wilson’s post about GOP friends who just don’t want to put up with 4 more years of Trump. There’s no enthusiasm for that.

IMG_2297.thumb.jpeg.9d4829283b79837bd16939114b1dc76f.jpeg

Anecdotal, and I've posted about my Republican friend in NC who seemed weak in her dotard support, but I'd figure she'd probably still quietly vote for him, even if at this point she  was clearly too embarrassed to admit it to the rest of us.  But after the lies about FEMA, she is PISSED at trump and is openly and vocally supporting Harris.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Jatrain said:

Actually, his full name is Adolfo Benito Franco.  

Couldn't they find Admiral Horthy Salazar de Schuschnigg?

(Kurt Schuschnigg of course being an original member of the Leopards Eating Peoples' Faces Party....)

Edited by flatdawgs
Austrian names are hard