2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

52 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I’m not too sure. In his mind free Mickey D’s would be a great motivator.

He’s going try grabbing some “fresh” fries out of the basket immediately after it’s pulled from the oil

2 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

He’s going try grabbing some “fresh” fries out of the basket immediately after it’s pulled from the oil

I was the "fry guy" my first year at Wendy's.  You gotta wait 20-30 sec but damn they were delicious just out of the fryer.  Editorial comment:  Wendy's "new and improved" fries suck ass.

• Drool 1

27 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

How real are all these stories about Trump’s mental faculties? Propaganda, or is there something to it? 

I’m starting to get worried that this situation is starting to look like 2016. Trump somehow pulls a tiny electoral majority. I don’t think I can handle that if it happens. 

They’re not stories. Just watch the videos. Dude has lost it. This morning, he complained about how Harvey Weinstein was treated and then left an interview early because he was either tired or his handlers wanted him out of there asap because they knew he was falling apart. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

yep.  you couldn't pay me to vote on Election Day.  i'm gonna get it done next week, then spend November 5 on Twitter with cable news on so i can bask in the greatness of Dotard going down again, bigly.

My precinct will cast roughly 650 votes this year, including mail in and early voting. Voting mid morning in 2022 I had maybe a 10 minute wait in line. I don’t know how long the line will be in the evening, but by then I’ll have a bottle open and the news on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Which part? Her margin is exactly the same as Biden - Allred's race has a bigger chunk of undecided voters (7%) versus the presidential race

The percentages at the top. The margin is the same, but the percentage is lower on both sides. I'd love for that margin to be increased, obviously. How can there not be more enthusiasm than for Beto?

31 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

How real are all these stories about Trump’s mental faculties? Propaganda, or is there something to it? 

I’m starting to get worried that this situation is starting to look like 2016. Trump somehow pulls a tiny electoral majority. I don’t think I can handle that if it happens. 

Dude, you post regularly on this thread. How is this even a real question at this point?

26 minutes ago, heso said:

I had a coworker try to convince me to vote for Trump yesterday. This was a smart, rational man that has apparently had his brain completely infected by right wing media. I’ve talked to him regularly for years. This is the first time he’s ever brought up politics. 

He’s full on maga. Was at the rally in Butler when Trump was shot at. 

I stood there dumbfounded at the level of bad faith arguments. There isn’t a single thing better under Biden than Trump. Inflation was entirely caused by Biden’s spending (CARES act and CRRSA act were completely necessary and had no impact on inflation, it was entirely caused by the American Rescue plan and the inflation reduction act). The entire world was at peace under Trump and is now on the brink of WWIII and it’s Biden’s fault. We shouldn’t be giving anything to Ukraine, equipment or money, because that war is unwinnable and it’s not our battle to fight. Russias economy is booming, doing better than ours because of this war. Illegal immigration was completely under control under Trump and the border is wide open streaming criminals in and Biden is doing nothing to stop it. Violent crime was way down under Trump and it’s skyrocketing under Biden. Did you see they just had to revise the statistics upward for 2022. There’s nothing wrong with the religious right pushing religion into public schools. “A little more religion in schools wouldn’t be a bad thing instead of trans indoctrination and critical race theory for 6 year olds.” Almost everyone wanted roe v wade overturned. Even Ruth Bader Ginsburg thought Roe v Wade should be overturned. Even on the most absurd Trump lies like he’s studied wind better than anyone. “Maybe he has. How do you know he hasn’t seriously studied wind.” What about Trump claiming he is going to cut electricity prices in half and double our electricity supply IN 6 MONTHS OF BEING IN OFFICE? “I’m sure there are several things he could do to pull that off.” Like what? “…mumble mumble cut regulations mumble mumble” and onto the next load of nonsense. 

And all of those perceived failings of Biden are directly transferable to Harris. 

This is a gainfully employed, intelligent, navy veteran who has completely swallowed trumps whole mushroom. 

Imgflip

Dbeasy is reliably anti-Trump and opposed to the current state of the GOP.

It is, however, pretty stunning that he is unaware of Trump's obvious decline.  I generally won't listen to the sumbitch outside of this thread, but "my media" reproduces his foibles regularly.  My media being what Google news' algorithm feeds me.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The percentages at the top. The margin is the same, but the percentage is lower on both sides. I'd love for that margin to be increased, obviously. How can there not be more enthusiasm than for Beto?

Obviously I do not think Allred will get all 7% of the undecided, but typically late deciders break for the challenger.  Obviously would love to see him closer to Beto's 58% 

Trump leads 51-46 statewide and Cruz leads 50-46 in the polling done by UH

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

If I were working with him, I'd tell him he got the oil too hot and that he needs to pour a little water in it to cool it down.

I’d tell him that a popular Halloween party game is bobbing for fries. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So who's the assbag he's interivewing with? I'm assuming assbag becuase he's helping him push a literally false statement. 

It makes me so mad, because it only reminds me of Tim Walz mixing up which summer month he was in China 40 years ago. 

Something tells me we won't hear nearly as much about this verifiable, boldface lie as Walz's China trip. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because Allred has no rizz

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He also made Mandela sit at the back of the plane.

I heard he threw a Big Mac at him.  Nelson thanked him.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
For the chartered plane…and the Big Mac. But mostly the Big Mac.

56 minutes ago, heso said:

I had a coworker try to convince me to vote for Trump yesterday. This was a smart, rational man that has apparently had his brain completely infected by right wing media. I’ve talked to him regularly for years. This is the first time he’s ever brought up politics. 

He’s full on maga. Was at the rally in Butler when Trump was shot at. 

I stood there dumbfounded at the level of bad faith arguments. There isn’t a single thing better under Biden than Trump. Inflation was entirely caused by Biden’s spending (CARES act and CRRSA act were completely necessary and had no impact on inflation, it was entirely caused by the American Rescue plan and the inflation reduction act). The entire world was at peace under Trump and is now on the brink of WWIII and it’s Biden’s fault. We shouldn’t be giving anything to Ukraine, equipment or money, because that war is unwinnable and it’s not our battle to fight. Russias economy is booming, doing better than ours because of this war. Illegal immigration was completely under control under Trump and the border is wide open streaming criminals in and Biden is doing nothing to stop it. Violent crime was way down under Trump and it’s skyrocketing under Biden. Did you see they just had to revise the statistics upward for 2022. There’s nothing wrong with the religious right pushing religion into public schools. “A little more religion in schools wouldn’t be a bad thing instead of trans indoctrination and critical race theory for 6 year olds.” Almost everyone wanted roe v wade overturned. Even Ruth Bader Ginsburg thought Roe v Wade should be overturned. Even on the most absurd Trump lies like he’s studied wind better than anyone. “Maybe he has. How do you know he hasn’t seriously studied wind.” What about Trump claiming he is going to cut electricity prices in half and double our electricity supply IN 6 MONTHS OF BEING IN OFFICE? “I’m sure there are several things he could do to pull that off.” Like what? “…mumble mumble cut regulations mumble mumble” and onto the next load of nonsense. 

And all of those perceived failings of Biden are directly transferable to Harris. 

This is a gainfully employed, intelligent, navy veteran who has completely swallowed trumps whole mushroom. 

Pretty simple answer. "You make a strong case for Trump, and I'd vote for him if all that were true. But unfortunately it's all bullshit, and because you're my friend I am afraid it's rotting your mind."

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if trump was at the top of his mental game, would that change things for you?

he could be winning jeopardy every night then doing a 90 minute set at the comedy store and he would still be trump.

It would be worse, the only reason we're still a democracy is because Trump is an incompetent failure who is only able to surround himself with morons

56 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

I just hope one of the counter guys launches and ice cube 3 from downtown.

53 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was the "fry guy" my first year at Wendy's.  You gotta wait 20-30 sec but damn they were delicious just out of the fryer.  Editorial comment:  Wendy's "new and improved" fries suck ass.

Worked at McDonalds, The best fries are the ones sitting under the heat lamp a little bit and have been salted and crisped to perfection...  I'm not talking about those fries that have been there for hours, but a good 15 mins...  Chef's kiss.

Agree the newer fries at McD's and elsewhere are a crime against humanity, fat, happy humanity

Also I worked the counter because I could count and didn't look like heavy metal troll.

59 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

They’re not stories. Just watch the videos. Dude has lost it. This morning, he complained about how Harvey Weinstein was treated and then left an interview early because he was either tired or his handlers wanted him out of there asap because they knew he was falling apart. 

Holy shit Dong Bongdingo is still around.