2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not what an allegedly winning campaign does. Especially considering last minute rates 

Eh, it’s neutral at worst. If he was pulling out that would be a bad sign. My guess is that either they have some bad footage or a quote that tested well or the trans stuff is resonating strongly with suburban women and minority men. 

12 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Breaking news: obsolete bro culture doucherag favors obnoxious, tacky real estate prick for President. 

Owner/Editor-in-Chief is Iranian ...like legit born in Iran, not Iranian decent.

2 hours ago, heso said:

I had a coworker try to convince me to vote for Trump yesterday. This was a smart, rational man that has apparently had his brain completely infected by right wing media. I’ve talked to him regularly for years. This is the first time he’s ever brought up politics. 

He’s full on maga. Was at the rally in Butler when Trump was shot at. 

I stood there dumbfounded at the level of bad faith arguments. There isn’t a single thing better under Biden than Trump. Inflation was entirely caused by Biden’s spending (CARES act and CRRSA act were completely necessary and had no impact on inflation, it was entirely caused by the American Rescue plan and the inflation reduction act). The entire world was at peace under Trump and is now on the brink of WWIII and it’s Biden’s fault. We shouldn’t be giving anything to Ukraine, equipment or money, because that war is unwinnable and it’s not our battle to fight. Russias economy is booming, doing better than ours because of this war. Illegal immigration was completely under control under Trump and the border is wide open streaming criminals in and Biden is doing nothing to stop it. Violent crime was way down under Trump and it’s skyrocketing under Biden. Did you see they just had to revise the statistics upward for 2022. There’s nothing wrong with the religious right pushing religion into public schools. “A little more religion in schools wouldn’t be a bad thing instead of trans indoctrination and critical race theory for 6 year olds.” Almost everyone wanted roe v wade overturned. Even Ruth Bader Ginsburg thought Roe v Wade should be overturned. Even on the most absurd Trump lies like he’s studied wind better than anyone. “Maybe he has. How do you know he hasn’t seriously studied wind.” What about Trump claiming he is going to cut electricity prices in half and double our electricity supply IN 6 MONTHS OF BEING IN OFFICE? “I’m sure there are several things he could do to pull that off.” Like what? “…mumble mumble cut regulations mumble mumble” and onto the next load of nonsense. 

And all of those perceived failings of Biden are directly transferable to Harris. 

This is a gainfully employed, intelligent, navy veteran who has completely swallowed trumps whole mushroom. 

I didn’t realize that my dad has gone back to work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Dumb question amnesty. I've seen a lot about lines for early voting. I thought the point of early voting was to avoid lines on election day (other than you might be out of town or whatever). Seems odd that the lines are so long. My precinct is unusually small and Oklahoma has like a 30% participation rate so I never have a line on election day even for presidental elections. Either way, I'm glad people are enthused, and I have to assume its more for Harris than dipshit.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Dumb question amnesty. I've seen a lot about lines for early voting. I thought the point of early voting was to avoid lines on election day (other than you might be out of town or whatever). Seems odd that the lines are so long. My precinct is unusually small and Oklahoma has like a 30% participation rate so I never have a line on election day even for presidental elections. Either way, I'm glad people are enthused, and I have to assume its more for Harris than dipshit.

They are long because people are excited and want to get it over with. 

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Do you have eyes? Dude is obviously unwell and incapable of answering even the most simple of softball questions, much less leading a nation. 

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

What the fuck is wrong with you?

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

WTF? Have you, I don't know, listened to him talk in the last 2 months? He's old, of course he's losing mental sharpness. He's getting worse every day (like the vast majority of 78-year-olds) and it's been a noticeable pace the last 2 months. That age plus the stress of the campaign combined. 

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s amazing that yall were all in on Biden’s mental faculties not being up to being president but you’re actually asking this question.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

@Dbeasy "guys, any truth to the rumor that Trump isn't that bad? I've heard people say he is actually the best person ever and I'm unsure of what to believe. "

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Dbeasy is reliably anti-Trump and opposed to the current state of the GOP.

It is, however, pretty stunning that he is unaware of Trump's obvious decline.  I generally won't listen to the sumbitch outside of this thread, but "my media" reproduces his foibles regularly.  My media being what Google news' algorithm feeds me.

I don’t think any of you understand how deep my hatred for Trump goes. Have I listened to him in the last six months? No. No I have not. Every time he is on tv, or I see a social media post where he is speaking, I do everything in my power to click away as soon as possible. I do not want to waste one brain cell on anything that moron has to say. He is a worthless human being.

Everyone knows he says crazy things and is a terrible person. Having not watched him in six months, I wasn’t sure whether the reports of his mental decline were just political maneuvering or actual serious issues. I haven’t seen news outlets like ABC pick up the stories. That’s all I was asking. Relax. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 9

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They are long because people are excited and want to get it over with. 

They're also long because citizens are worried that there will shenanigans on voting day.    

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm thinking of another reason, especially in states like Georgia:  fear.  Fear that someone is going to roll up on Election Day and open fire on a line of people waiting to vote.

I'll be very surprised if this actually doesn't happen this cycle.  Call me a pessimist, but the potential is high, especially in a handful of states and their large metro areas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The total number of people trying to early vote is smaller, but there also aren't as many polling locations. As with all things voting, it's super easy if you are in a rural location, and more time consuming if you are anywhere that the democrats get a lot of votes.

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t think any of you understand how deep my hatred for Trump goes. Have I listened to him in the last six months? No. No I have not. Every time he is on tv, or I see a social media post where he is speaking, I do everything in my power to click away as soon as possible. I do not want to waste one brain cell on anything that moron has to say. He is a worthless human being.

Everyone knows he says crazy things and is a terrible person. Having not watched him in six months, I wasn’t sure whether the reports of his mental decline were just political maneuvering or actual serious issues. I haven’t seen news outlets like ABC pick up the stories. That’s all I was asking. Relax. 

I don’t think willful ignorance of your enemy is one of tsu’s major tenets. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

He legit seems dumber than usual.  His speeches are a free-association ramble of incoherent and irrelevant thoughts.

One of the most ludicrous and amusing is that he had heard of all these immigrants seeking "asylum."  He has that confused with insane asylums and thus has concluded and asserted that emigrant countries are emptying their asylums and sending people here.  And a corollary of that is constant reference to Hannibal Lecter, as someone who inhabited an insane asylum, or should be in one, or something like that.

Then there's electric boats and whether it's worse to be electrocute by the sinking electric boat or eaten by the nearby sharks.

He also looks like shit.  I mean shittier than usual shit.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He also looks like shit.  I mean shittier than usual shit.

Yeah he looks like a guy who knows he is losing.  The walls are closing in - he looks like shit, he's lashing out on Truth Social, he's getting more and more incoherent and slurring his words. 

I'm fairly close to believing he's going to get wheeled out in a wheelchair with a blanket covering his diaper the day before the Election so he can start the "Why won't mean old Joe Biden and nasty Kamala Harris pardon a feeble old man?" bullshit 

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

One of the most ludicrous and amusing is that he had heard of all these immigrants seeking "asylum."  He has that confused with insane asylums and thus has concluded and asserted that emigrant countries are emptying their asylums and sending people here.  And a corollary of that is constant reference to Hannibal Lecter, as someone who inhabited an insane asylum, or should be in one, or something like that.

This is my "favorite" iteration of his insanity.  It's just so perfect that he would do this.  I 100% believe this is true.  He is THAT dumb.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

The walls are closing in

Dude, we've been saying this for a decade.  They never close.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dude, we've been saying this for a decade.  They never close.

He's only running again to keep himself out of prison.  Harris wins and the lawsuits proceed again, big time - Georgia, DC and it's just a matter of time until the Eleventh overturns Cum on Aileen's shitty dismissal.  Merrick Garland is going to be out of a job, so he can't even rely on a feckless AG taking their sweet time to charge him again. 

The new AG is going to hit the ground running, regardless of Trump likely declaring his candidacy again on November 6. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Do we have any predictions on who this might be in a Harris admin?

It's been a long time since speculation abounded, but the last time there was chatter coming from the Dem circles, it was Catherine Cortez Masto for AG.  Was the Nevada AG before she ran for Senate.  She was AG of Nevada around some of the same time as Harris' tenure as AG in California. 

This is going to be a very important and personal pick for Harris if she wins - she is a former AG herself and you know she's probably been bitching about Garland behind closed doors for years. 

Only issue might be a Republican governor in NV picking a replacement, but I believe Dems have supermajorities in the NV legislature and can pass the Mitt Romney/Mitch McConnell law to mandate that the pick is from the same party as the outgoing Senator. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

CCM not a good choice. I've been impressed with Jack Smith.

Would be a good pick too, if Harris like it. 

Dude has prosecuted a lot of political figures, so that's a plus for a guy who needs to coordinate going after Trump

He spent five years as chief of PIN, where he prosecuted a variety of corruption cases, including those against Virginia governor Bob McDonnell, U.S. representative Rick Renzi, Jeffrey Sterling, a Central Intelligence Agency officer who shared national secrets,[18][15] New York State Assembly speaker Sheldon Silver,[19] and North Carolina Senator John Edwards

Joshua Smithley@blockedfreq

It is my sense that based on movements from VBM and how it intersects with Election Day turnout, Democrats will want to see a revised firewall of roughly half a million in PA to feel decent heading into ED. This incorporates NPAs, which typically break 70-30+ for them via VBM.

Based on this, the current firewall (If NPAs typically break 70-30) is 345,733, or 69% of the way to half a million
506,320 Dems - 212,015 Rep = 294,305
73,469 NPAs breaking 70/30 is 51,428 for Dems and 22,041 for GOP

This popped up while i was working around the house, the Al Smith Catholic Charity dinner in New York. The first ~20 minutes is basically Jim Gaffigan doing a roast, which is pretty funny. He jokes about both sides pretty well, and then slips in one kitty grabbing joke while introducing Trump that was "agreed to be left out" as someone near the podium says audibly on the video. There's a short Kamala video, which was 2 minutes of the Mary Catherine SNL character and a few minutes of Harris giving a short formal address. 

Then it's like 30 minutes of Trump trying to make some jokes and possibly the most coherent speech he's given in months. He's following a script and actually sticking to it, which is kind of surprising he can do. Not that the content is anything interesting, but i did think it was funny when he announced he was at the "self deprecating jokes" part, and then side stepped it saying there were plenty of other people that do it for him. He actually calls Bill Deblasio a "shitty mayor," and talks about how Eric Adams is going to beat the charges and come out on top. I like how he talks about his dad giving money to charity when he was a kid, but fails to mention anything he's ever done for charity. 

• Hook 'Em 1