2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

My 12 year old was telling us over dinner that a couple of kids wore Trump 2024 shirts to school today. Then we discussed how she has no memories of life before Trump. How depressing is that? She’s seen that fat bag of shit on TV and heard people at school talk about him basically her entire life. 

• Rage+1 8

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

My 12 year old was telling us over dinner that a couple of kids wore Trump 2024 shirts to school today. Then we discussed how she has no memories of life before Trump. How depressing is that? She’s seen that fat bag of shit on TV and heard people at school talk about him basically her entire life. 

We talk to our daughter about it too. All those kids see is a bombastic influencer. It’s no wonder why immature children like him. It’s the grown adults that worry me.

If someone is voting for the first time they are eligible in November all they’ve known is Trump.  Their whole political frame of reference is based on having a lunatic like Trump at the top of the ticket for one party.   It’s their normal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

https://www.thedailybeast.com/exhausted-trump-cant-make-it-through-dan-bongino-interview-in-his-own-home/

Donald Trump didn’t even have to leave his building for an interview that streamed live on his friend and loyal supporter Dan Bongino’s video podcastFriday morning. But he still had trouble making it to the end of what may have been intended to be a longer sit-down. 

After vamping for more than 30 minutes in Trump Tower as he waited for the ex-president to show up, Bongino began by boasting to the president about the “super, extra MAGA” crowd that tunes into his show. “We’re like the darkest MAGA of all,” Bongino said in an attempt to out-do Elon Musk.

At one point in the low-energy interview, Trump offered up insights such as how “amazed” he was that “king of woke” Harvey Weinstein got “schlonged.” But it was his final moment with Bongino that caught the eye of Kamala Harris’ social media team. 

“Trump abruptly ends his live interview after it is reported that he is canceling interviews because he is ‘exhausted,’” @KamalaHQ tweeted, referring to a new report from Politico that the Republican candidate is “exhausted and refusing interviews” with less than 3 weeks to go until Election Day.

After about half an hour, as Bongino tried to ask another question, Trump said, “Hey, Dan, off the record, I gotta get going,” seeming not to realize the interview was airing live. 

Bongino apologized to both Trump and his viewers for the abrupt end to the interview and let his guest go, but not before making him sign a baseball that he said he planned to auction off for charity. 

“Pretty good, just like the old days,” Trump said from his chair as Bongino stood up and admired the signature.

Spoiler

Then, shortly after this article was published, Bongino sent the Daily Beast what he described as “receipts” showing Trump did not end the interview early (along with the charming note, “Does your mother tell her friends she has no living children out of embarrassment for having spawned such an embarrassing piece of s--t?”)

But in the screenshot of an email in which Trump’s team confirmed the interview, it clearly shows it was meant to be an hour long. Instead of staying for the full time he agreed to be live with Bongino and pushing back his next event, Trump ended the sit-down after a little more than 30 minutes had elapsed.

Bongino is a former NYPD officer and Secret Service agent with three failed congressional bids under his belt who rose to prominence as a conservative pundit on Fox News during Trump’s first term as president. He very briefly had his own show on the network before “parting ways” with the company in 2023. (His 2018 departure from NRATV prompted a failed defamation suit against the Daily Beast.)

During the COVID-19 pandemic, Bongino became one of the loudest voices against mask and vaccine mandates, which ultimately led to a permanent ban from YouTube in 2022. He currently hosts The Dan Bongino Show on the conservative platform Rumble.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

If someone is voting for the first time they are eligible in November all they’ve known is Trump.  Their whole political frame of reference is based on having a lunatic like Trump at the top of the ticket for one party.   It’s their normal. 

every time we see early voting breakdowns, there's always "first time voters" or "didn't vote in 2020" or whatever. i would love to see a breakdown of those.

i can't imagine anyone of voting age voting for trump for the first time, though i'm sure they exist. not sure what happened over the past 4 years that would make you vote for trump after not voting for him in 16 and 20. then there are people who are just turning 18, and i guess some of them are voting for him?

all logic and reasoning say that if the first-time/didn't vote in 2020 number is large, it's good for kamala, right?  right?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, wood said:

How much money did we spend/add to the money supply with the stimulus checks? As soon as they announced that, my 'Inflation' alarm bells started ringing in my head. 

About 800 billion of the 5 trillion that was spent for covid relief was the stimulus checks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I am watching as much of the turnip rally in Detroit as I can for yall. So far he threatened the microphone which I guess isn't working right. He is killing himself up there for the people bc of the microphone. 

Death penalty for immigrant murderers.

All new jobs are taken by migrants.

Edited by HOOKEM4
ousux
  • Haha 2

I might be a little bit high, but damn it must be fun to be the president. 

"Yo, I want a 30-page write-up on what's going on in Kyrgyzstan this month from the embassy by 6AM tomorrow." Wasting that kind of curiosity power on someone who won't read a damn thing like Trump is such a tragedy of resources.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

when other nations write their history books about how the mighty US came crashing down, the Citizens United decision will be the point-of-no-return in that story.  It is proving to be the poison from which we couldn't recover.

The Bible thumping theocrats/fascists are the single greatest force crashing American democracy. There is nothing even a close second.

The point of no return was the marriage of Reagan, Falwell, and the GQP. Fundagelicals/GQP have attacked and eroded secular society ever since. Social media idiocy, rulings like Citizens United, cowardly journalism, and insane conspiracy theory (celebrated on TV and in movies) only hastened the demise into sheer lunacy, sure to be backed by violence and guns and lots of bibles shoved down everyone's throats.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I might be a little bit high, but damn it must be fun to be the president. 

"Yo, I want a 30-page write-up on what's going on in Kyrgyzstan this month from the embassy by 6AM tomorrow." Wasting that kind of curiosity power on someone who won't read a damn thing like Trump is such a tragedy of resources.

Me too.  But I'm more of a pessimist.  I think it would more likely be "Sir, here is a 30-page report of Kyrgystan.  It sounds like the Russians crossed the border 2 hours ago and we need to determine the response quickly." 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's troubling. I hope it doesn't speak to all of Texas, but I'm sure it will. 

Seriously, how many people are just sending out bitly links and taking cash at this point?

I signed up for the Madison Square Garden thing, so I have been getting texts from the campaign.  I figured maybe I would fuck some volunteer, waste their time and amuse myself.  But keeping it low key.  Pretending I don't understand how hyperlinks work from their regular barrage of texts.  Asking what they wanted to know when they asked if I would take a survey. Congratulating them when they declare "I am Trump." Low key, but believable stupidity. But it's just a steady stream of automated texts.  No text banking.  They don't have volunteers, just robotexts.  For someone they think is going to a Trump rally. 

Edited by Tuco
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I signed up for the Madison Square Garden thing, so I have been getting texts from the campaign.  I figured maybe I would fuck some volunteer, waste their time and amuse myself.  But keeping it low key.  Pretending I don't understand how hyperlinks work from their regular barrage of texts.  Asking what they wanted to know when they asked if I would take a survey. Congratulating them when they declare "I am Trump." Low key, but believable stupidity. But it's just a steady stream of automated texts.  No text banking.  They don't have volunteers, just robotexts.  For someone they think is going to a Trump rally. 

to clarify, that's "to fuck with some volunteer." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Mine is 17, he got to see us lose to Iowa State and Kansas at home, plus  all the other fuckery.

Hates Trump and all politics.

Wild last decade.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

What else is new.

I say this with all sincerity, and I know others share this sentiment, but he can choke on a bag of dicks.  I’d be sorry if it wasn’t a bag of dicks that shot lava-hot gonoreah out the back of his skull.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/exhausted-trump-cant-make-it-through-dan-bongino-interview-in-his-own-home/

Hide contents

Then, shortly after this article was published, Bongino sent the Daily Beast what he described as “receipts” showing Trump did not end the interview early (along with the charming note, “Does your mother tell her friends she has no living children out of embarrassment for having spawned such an embarrassing piece of s--t?”)

But in the screenshot of an email in which Trump’s team confirmed the interview, it clearly shows it was meant to be an hour long. Instead of staying for the full time he agreed to be live with Bongino and pushing back his next event, Trump ended the sit-down after a little more than 30 minutes had elapsed.

Bongino is a former NYPD officer and Secret Service agent with three failed congressional bids under his belt who rose to prominence as a conservative pundit on Fox News during Trump’s first term as president. He very briefly had his own show on the network before “parting ways” with the company in 2023. (His 2018 departure from NRATV prompted a failed defamation suit against the Daily Beast.)

During the COVID-19 pandemic, Bongino became one of the loudest voices against mask and vaccine mandates, which ultimately led to a permanent ban from YouTube in 2022. He currently hosts The Dan Bongino Show on the conservative platform Rumble.

Don Oingo Boingos grift is about to expire; he mad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Homercles said:

When I see that, all I can think about is hoping it’s their Nebraska Phone Flop Out moment

ok boomer. like i’m gonna remember every single detail from a story from 30 years ago.

this is the “niiice cock” story, right?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ok boomer. like i’m gonna remember every single detail from a story from 30 years ago.

this is the “niiice cock” story, right?

If you loose your one and only, there's always room here for the lonely...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

The Bible thumping theocrats/fascists are the single greatest force crashing American democracy. There is nothing even a close second.

The point of no return was the marriage of Reagan, Falwell, and the GQP. Fundagelicals/GQP have attacked and eroded secular society ever since. Social media idiocy, rulings like Citizens United, cowardly journalism, and insane conspiracy theory (celebrated on TV and in movies) only hastened the demise into sheer lunacy, sure to be backed by violence and guns and lots of bibles shoved down everyone's throats.

Until we fight back…

• Hook 'Em 2

I heard about Trump dancing for an hour at a town hall in Penn, so I had to check it out on C-SPAN:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?539179-1/president-trump-hosts-town-hall-oaks-pennsylvania

Sorry if it's already been covered here.  The great thing about C-SPAN is it's just the unblinking eye of a camera.  They just keep rolling.

Some unfortunate person fainted at about the 47 minute mark because it was hot in the venue without A/C, and the doors were all closed.  Old people standing around for hours, what could go wrong?  Trump just stood there for almost an hour dancing to various songs.  Kristi Noem looked like a hostage who couldn't find a gracious way to end it.  At one point she starts to rearrange the chairs, perhaps hoping that would be a sign that this thing is over.

Trump requested Ave Maria by Pavarotti.  He then stopped taking questions and just starts rambling.  An Ave Maria encore was followed by to "It's a man's world".  James Brown said:

This is a man's world
But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing, not one little thing, without a woman or a girl
He's lost in the wilderness
He's lost in bitterness, he's lost lost

They cut out that part of the song...

More Trump rambling was followed by "YMCA".  Noem tried to find an exit as Trump worked the crowd.  She failed and remained onstage for 20 more minutes.

The town hall music festival continued with "Hallelujah" while the screen behinds him changed from "TRUMP TOWNHALL" to  "TRUMP WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING".  The crowd swayed and turned on their camera flashlights.

I will spare you the rest but it did include Elvis singing "I wish I was in Dixie", followed by Guns and Roses singing "Nothin' lasts forever, and we both know hearts can change" and wrapped up with music from Cats.

It's like the movie Idiocracy came to life...

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m beginning to think he intentionally starts rallies late because he wants more people there and folks aren’t showing up timely and just stroll in whenever they want.  The folks that passed out had probably been waiting forever for him to start.  CNN mentioned a rally he had today started well past the scheduled time.