2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

For fuck's sake, it came right out of his mouth.  He literally threatened use of the National Guard and "if necessary" the military.

Yeah, but c'mon, man. You don't think he really means that, do you?

Oh, wait.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

For fuck's sake, it came right out of his mouth.  He literally threatened use of the National Guard and "if necessary" the military.

It’s an opinion piece by a Heritage Foundation guy 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

47 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The list is incredibly long, but Elon's inevitable very public meltdown when Kamala wins is very close to the top of Things I'm Most Looking Forward To on November 6.

I’ve been watching the guy who owns WordPress try to pull an Elon, and he’s been absolutely melting down.  Kind of a precursor of Elon. A lot more public,

nsiap

Trump compares jailed Capitol rioters to Japanese internment during World War II https://apnews.com/article/jan-6-trump-japanese-capitol-riot-85573774c03b46f36aadd35d5f0b77ca

Former President Donald Trump on Friday compared the people jailed on charges that they stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to the more than 120,000 people of Japanese origin incarcerated on U.S. soil during World War II.

“Why are they still being held? Nobody’s ever been treated like this,” he said in an interview with conservative commentator Dan Bongino. “Maybe the Japanese during Second World War, frankly. They were held, too.”

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

The list is incredibly long, but Elon's inevitable very public meltdown when Kamala wins is very close to the top of Things I'm Most Looking Forward To on November 6.

Number 1 is Trump’s shitposting on truth social on Nov 5 at about 1030 pm forward

Edited by tx ind
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/arizona-battleground-senate-house-races-rcna176110

“The political environment is worse for Republicans than it was in 2020 in a few suburban districts, namely Omaha and throughout Arizona. This is a concern with three valued incumbents: [Nebraska Rep. Don] Bacon, Ciscomani, Schweikert,” Dan Conston, the president of the Congressional Leadership Fund, a GOP super PAC, wrote in a memo to allies obtained by NBC News.

• Hook 'Em 5

16 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I am watching as much of the turnip rally in Detroit as I can for yall. So far he threatened the microphone which I guess isn't working right.

Well the microphone is black so......

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

But they can't contradict Trump because then they need his support. I guess that's the good thing about cults. When the head dies, the cult dies.

At least this whole saga has exposed (to me) the utter bullshit that is the core of modern "conservativism".
  • Hook 'Em 5

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/oct/19/trump-campaign-leaked-data-voters-elon-musk

Exclusive: Trump ground game in key states flagged as potentially fake

Data suggests canvassers linked to Elon Musk’s America Pac falsely claimed to have visited homes of potential voters

The potentially fake door-knocks – when canvassers falsely claim they visited a home – could present a serious setback to Trump as he and Kamala Harris remain even in the polls with fewer than 20 days to an election that increasingly appears set to be determined by turnout.

The Trump campaign earlier this year outsourced the bulk of its ground game to America Pac, the political action committee founded by Musk, betting that spending millions to turn out Trump supporters, especially those who don’t typically vote, would boost returns.

But leaked America Pac data obtained by the Guardian shows that roughly 24% of the door-knocks in Arizona and 25% of the door-knocks in Nevada this week were flagged under “unusual survey logs” by the Campaign Sidekick canvassing app.

The Arizona data, for example, shows that out of 35,692 doors hit by 442 canvassers working for Blitz Canvassing in the America Pac operation on Wednesday, 8,511 doors were flagged under the unusual survey logs.

The extent of the flagged doors in America Pac’s operation underscores the risk of outsourcing a ground-game program, where paid canvassers are typically not as invested in their candidate’s victory compared to volunteers or campaign staff.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Lol GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I have another hypothesis about Trump door knocking (the GOTV kind, not the post-inauguration Gestapo kind).

Accepting the premise that Likely Trump voters are more paranoid and more racist than the typical American, and the premise that an outsourced team is more likely to consist of young people of color, common sense tells me that these interactions might not go as well as Musk would hope, which would lead to high turnover and low morale. So these guys finding ways to juice their stats is not at all surprising.

Carry on, Musk.

• Hook 'Em 2

Is there any mentally well person left campaigning for Trump? Says a lot that my first reaction to hearing about Antonio Brown going MAGA is that he must be more off the deep end than I thought. 

12 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

He and Leveon Bell are having aMAGA registration drive tomorrow. 

LOL imagine thinking it's a good thing to have Antonio Brown speak at your event. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If paid get out the vote is anything remotely like door to door sales, those fuckers are fudging their fucking numbers in ways hard to verbally describe. 

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wouldn’t they get paid hourly?  Do they just sit at Starbucks and use google maps and county tax records to enter names and addresses into their logs?  

You're down to less than a quarter tank. The next name is 10 miles one way in some little bitty town and there are...three others there.

Why yes I did go to Palookaville! It was 4 hours. Pay me.

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

Is there any mentally well person left campaigning for Trump? Says a lot that my first reaction to hearing about Antonio Brown going MAGA is that he must be more off the deep end than I thought. 

Yeah and I was thinking about something similar last night. Harris has the Obamas, Bill Clinton, lots of high-profile Dems, and multiple prominent Republicans actively campaigning for her. Meanwhile, Trump can't get past Republican Presidents or even many current high-profile Republicans to lift a finger to campaign for him or endorse him, even his own VP. That alone says all we need to know imho. 

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wouldn’t they get paid hourly?  Do they just sit at Starbucks and use google maps and county tax records to enter names and addresses into their logs?  

I assume the pubs have an app similar to VAN, which I’ve used previously. The canvasser has a list of houses they are assigned to, with the names, party registration, and ages of who you are to speak with. You then enter the result of the attempt in the app- not accessible, wrong address, no answer, no interest, wants a sign, is interested in volunteering, etc..

There is a ton of discretion for the canvasser. How long are you going to wait for an answer after ringing the doorbell? Are you going to ignore “no solicitation” signs? Are you going to try to get into controlled access areas like apartments or gated communities? I’ll admit I wasn’t terribly aggressive about it, but I bet I was a shit ton more aggressive than someone working hourly. I would set aside my natural introvertism because I wanted my candidate to win. It would have been a very easy job to milk.

8 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I assume the pubs have an app similar to VAN, which I’ve used previously. The canvasser has a list of houses they are assigned to, with the names, party registration, and ages of who you are to speak with. You then enter the result of the attempt in the app- not accessible, wrong address, no answer, no interest, wants a sign, is interested in volunteering, etc..

There is a ton of discretion for the canvasser. How long are you going to wait for an answer after ringing the doorbell? Are you going to ignore “no solicitation” signs? Are you going to try to get into controlled access areas like apartments or gated communities? I’ll admit I wasn’t terribly aggressive about it, but I bet I was a shit ton more aggressive than someone working hourly. I would set aside my natural introvertism because I wanted my candidate to win. It would have been a very easy job to milk.

Yes. And on top of that, not all neighborhoods are created equal when it comes to inaccessible doors, stray and inadequately restrained pit bulls, aggressive homeless, and assorted hazards such as rotted out walkways, rusty nails and bolts scattered about, erratic drivers, and questionable drainage/mud/puddle situations. There's a reason mailmen and UPS drivers have unions who can negotiate excellent pay and benefits. Shit can go sideways in many ways when you're approaching someone else's house, on any given day.

Now, I bet a large chunk of Trump's likely voters aren't in neighborhoods like this, but quite a few low propensity voters like in places like this

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Yep. I came to terms with this a few years ago. My body is too wrecked for adequate field work, but I can advise. 

Put me in an Alamo situation and I'll do my best not to be a liability.

Layin' in bed with a couple of pistols, I could do that.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Vance seems to be out of sight as well.  He might be doing rallies and maybe they are so pitiful nobody is covering them, but it feels like somebody in the Trump campaign knows he’s a drag in the campaign.  

Speaking of vanishing acts, is Walz still alive?  I haven’t seen or heard shit from him since the VP debate. Granted I’ve been a bit swamped since then so may have missed it. 

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Speaking of vanishing acts, is Walz still alive?  I haven’t seen or heard shit from him since the VP debate. Granted I’ve been a bit swamped since then so may have missed it. 

He was on Fox News Sunday at the start of the week. He'll be on The View next week.