2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

yet if Democrats proposed anything of that left-leaning nature it's characterized as a losing election issue for the people-you-cannot-blame

Or maybe the problem is that Democrat consulting and candidate class can’t sell those thing because they can’t relate to these problems or the people who have them (and maybe also don’t want them because they mostly belongs to the class on the good side of the widening wealth gap).

42 minutes ago, G650 said:

Thirdly I'm not really a Democrat, though I will be voting almost exclusively for them for the foreseeable future.

Este, and I would no longer actually describe myself as a Republican either. Probably never will. Just gotta vote for the best person from here on out, and this year the choice is more obvious than ever.

Edited by wood
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

He wants more people on salary so he doesn’t have to pay them overtime.

Gotcha. What's the Nazi tie-in?

:i'm lazy today:

Edited by wood

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Or maybe the problem is that Democrat consulting and candidate class can’t sell those thing because they can’t relate to these problems or the people who have them (and maybe also don’t want them because they mostly belongs to the class on the good side of the widening wealth gap).

I mean, these consultants are just dreadfully middle class too. Don't get me wrong, when it comes to bagging on their idiocy, I'm here for the gangbang, but they are just a different flavor of middle class shitbag than the Trump voting F250 driver.

• Hook 'Em 1

Shocking lack of Trump signs in Amelia Island Florida. Dozens of signs about voting NO on prop 4 (the anti-abortion side) but no Trump/Vance signs. Obvious Trump voters putting out signs, but not Trump signs.
Literally not seeing any.   

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Walser said:

Two things I keep coming back to

1) Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's.

2) There is no compulsion in religion.

I should not be getting so worked up on a Sunday morning. 

I have a feeling when Jesus comes back he is not going to be as forgiving to the Christofascists as he was to the money changers in the Temple.

I mean evangelicals frequently call on thier flock to literally murder thier enemies and cherry pick old testament passages as justify crimes while Forgetting the Ten Commandments or the New Covenant.  For a lot of "Churches" it's all prosperity gospel and cruelty. And you are exactly right, pissed off Jesus has a Lot to be mad about.

A lot of Athiest do a better job of being Christian than most self proclaimed Christians.  I saw a FJB bumper sticker leaving church today.  Out pastor does a wonderful job of clowning on these types, respectfully.

" We need the Ten Commandments in skool!!!"

Okay list them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Musk and Trump’s vendors are going to knock on a door, ask if they’ve heard of Trump, if they are going to vote, and maybe one or two other things. These are people that are stuck with this job and just trying to hit the quota so they can get paid, and fudging their numbers when they can (including standing on the sidewalk and deciding they aren’t home),

Harris’s door knockers are going to be like fucking cross-fitters or Mormons or desktop Linux users and will do everything they can to sell the person on showing up to vote and why it’s crucial to the country’s future,

At this point it’s not really persuasion, it’s just GOTV: have you voted, do you have a plan to vote, do you need a ride, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Kamala, who actually did work at a McDonald's, has less working class cred than Franklin Roosevelt?

All I know is I am sick of seeing ads every 5 minutes about Kamala giving taxpayer money to transgender prisoners (add in the anti Allred/Cruz ads scaring people that Allred is voting to give all kids sex change operations).  If Trump wins based on shit like this I truly will wish the worst for all the people that voted for him.  I’m a fairly rich white male so I am pretty sure neither president will affect my life but for those that vote for these guys and then can’t afford health care and die in their double wide, or freeze to death when the electricity/gas fails in Texas or lose their jobs because the corporations move overseas, I will have a smile on my face from ear to ear and won’t feel one ounce of sadness towards those people.  It sucks it will hurt tons of people that actually vote for Kamala/Allred and get hurt but I am kind of done with this country if Trump actually wins.  My father always said, “the people get the government and politicians they deserve based on how they vote”.  Sadly, he was right and we are about to fuck around and find out in the worst way.  

All this doom and gloom is probably because I am pissed about the UT football game yesterday but this shit is tiring.  I will vote and do my part but I can’t even watch the news channels anymore for fear I may have a stroke from the anger they induce. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

All I know is I am sick of seeing ads every 5 minutes about Kamala giving taxpayer money to transgender prisoners (add in the anti Allred/Cruz ads scaring people that Allred is voting to give all kids sex change operations).  If Trump wins based on shit like this I truly will wish the worst for all the people that voted for him.  I’m a fairly rich white male so I am pretty sure neither president will affect my life but for those that vote for these guys and then can’t afford health care and die in their double wide, or freeze to death when the electricity/gas fails in Texas or lose their jobs because the corporations move overseas, I will have a smile on my face from ear to ear and won’t feel one ounce of sadness towards those people.  It sucks it will hurt tons of people that actually vote for Kamala/Allred and get hurt but I am kind of done with this country if Trump actually wins.  My father always said, “the people get the government and politicians they deserve based on how they vote”.  Sadly, he was right and we are about to fuck around and find out in the worst way.  

All this doom and gloom is probably because I am pissed about the UT football game yesterday but this shit is tiring.  I will vote and do my part but I can’t even watch the news channels anymore for fear I may have a stroke from the anger they induce. 

I identify with these remarks. I’m unsure if my day to day will be impacted much by who wins but I can’t believe that so many people, who are hurting, want to vote for Trump. Some of them are willing to crawl thru broken glass to vote for Trump, even at the expense of making their life worse as long as they show them transgenders who’s boss.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Shocking lack of Trump signs in Amelia Island Florida. Dozens of signs about voting NO on prop 4 (the anti-abortion side) but no Trump/Vance signs. Obvious Trump voters putting out signs, but not Trump signs.
Literally not seeing any.   

What is with the “supposed” turnaround of The Villages to voting for Kamala?  That’s bullshit right?

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I haven’t followed her career closely but has Sage Steele always been a Trump supporter?

It’s been discussed here multiple times over the last few years. A quick search should do you well.

47 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

So he closed his business for a day and forwent profits to make an in kind campaign contribution for Dotard to make a commercial?

“A tremendous commercial.  A commercial the likes of which has never been seen.  A commercial that is amazing.  They’re eating pets you know.”

Michigan SOS Benson says full results for Michigan should be done by Wednesday night. Though I’m sure we will have a pretty good idea Tuesday night based on the returns from Detroit and the suburbs. 

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

A lot of Athiest do a better job of being Christian than most self proclaimed Christians

It is so true. I probably know a lot of Athiests but none proclaim it to me like a cross-fitter. As far as I can tell they just have quiet humanity.

For what it is worth, my mother lives in Buda. I go there several times a week to keep an eye on her and help out with random stuff. Deep Buda. The Harris/Walz yard signs probably outnumber Trump signs 3:1 in her quiet neighborhood where everyone waves at each other. It is heartening.

It just seems like the Trump enthusiam has waned somewhat and some people are feeling ashamed. They should. We shall see.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

TIPP has been found to have twice egregiously fucked with their LV samples. They also still claim to be the “‘most accurate pollster” in 2016 despite their national poll being 4 points off in Trump’s favor

This race hasn’t moved. At all. All these polls are bunk 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Keep your eyes on Kaufman County this fall. Yes Trump won it 66/32 in 2020 but it saw a 13 point swing in favor of Democrats. That was the largest increase in the entire state (and if I remember correctly, it was the second largest swing for any county in the entire nation). Do you know what Texas county saw the largest increase in voter registrations since November 2020? Kaufman County. 

I don't think it would flip blue but any close election should cause Republicans to panic big time. Even a 59/41 is panic worthy for the GOP. A Republican hasn't dropped below 60% in KC since 1996 (although that was also a three man presidential race, if it was two man that election would be 1988).

Kaufman county is also one of if not the fastest growing counties in the state so I don’t know what conclusions you can draw about new voters there

35 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I quit caring about Trump voters years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Yes, it does, and the bulk of the blame goes to people who will vote for a guy who will tell them "I don't care about you" to their face.

But he doesn’t. He literally says “I will fix it.” Democrats don’t say either. Instead they rarely say anything and when they do it’s policy this and program that.

That asshole McDonald's owner says he has 200 employees.   The average store has 50 employees and nets about $150,000 per year.   He's more concerned about his taxes because he's failry close to being part of the 1%.  

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

That asshole McDonald's owner says he has 200 employees.   The average store has 50 employees and nets about $150,000 per year.   He's more concerned about his taxes because he's failry close to being part of the 1%.  

This is probably a decade ago, but I did a loan for someone who owned five McDonalds and they took home about $5k-$6k a month from each (so under $360K annually).  It's a good living but owning one wouldn't get you there (at the time, I'm sure there's also better locations than others). 

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You say it won’t affect you until they look at how you voted and come for you and your family. 

29 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Yeah, the average McDonalds store owner owns like 5-6. 

@Bozo_Casanova

Just clarifying your arguments: Dem economic policies are too complicit with and/or complementary to failed (for the middle class) GOP economic policies AND they suck at marketing that their shitty policies would be, maybe a tiny bit better for the MC?

If so, it seems to me the marketing failure is the far lesser problem, and really highlights that Dem marketing failures are baked in to the policy choices. Pepsi isn’t going to overtake Coke on marketing alone unless Coke pulls a Bud Lite and alienates a large portion of its target consumer.

Sure. Dems could be better at all this. No argument there. But, IMO, actually capturing the non-idiot 60% is impossible without a better product. IMO, Dems don’t want to create a better product because that requires risking their careers and the known path to wealth when their time in office is up  

If I’m missing something in your argument, please correct me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Yes he does. Literally.

But that’s a joke and his audience gets it, and he gets that they get it. Democrats are the ones who don’t get his audience, which is why they aren’t democrats anymore. We’ve got to stop deluding ourselves about Donald Trump and his audience. He’s good at this. Democrats are not. To beat him in a presidential campaign Democrats have to be better than him. Biden was still good enough to do it in 2020, but wasn’t anymore. Harris probably is, but it’s a close thing when she’s got the drag of those around her and limited time. So we’ll see

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

But that’s a joke and his audience gets it, and he gets that they get it. Democrats are the ones who don’t get his audience, which is why they aren’t democrats anymore. We’ve got to stop deluding ourselves about Donald Trump and his audience. He’s good at this. Democrats are not. To beat him in a presidential campaign Democrats have to be better than him. Biden was still good enough to do it in 2020, but wasn’t anymore. Harris probably is, but it’s a close thing when she’s got the drag of those around her and limited time. So we’ll see

What in gods holy name are you blathering about?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That's not a joke from Trump, but it's definitely interpreted as a joke by his audience. Trump says it and means it and loves the fact that even though he tells them he doesn't care about them they still love him. It feeds his narcissism.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Just clarifying your arguments: Dem economic policies are too complicit with and/or complementary to failed (for the middle class) GOP economic policies AND they suck at marketing that their shitty policies would be, maybe a tiny bit better for the MC?

Great question- mostly yes, but the GOP’s economic ie fiscal and monetary policy is a failure period and is structurally unsound. It doesn’t work for anyone. It’s their tax policy that fails the middle, which Democrats are mostly complicit with. 

7 minutes ago, softlynow said:

If so, it seems to me the marketing failure is the far lesser problem, and really highlights that Dem marketing failures are baked in to the policy choices.

No. The marketing problem is the first problem. If you don’t win, policy is irrelevant. And nobody wins on policy. But when they do win, yes the policy isn’t great for the middle and working class. Like I don’t see anybody rearchitecting education or housing policy explicitly to address opportunity hoarding by generationally affluent members of historically disadvantaged groups. 

11 minutes ago, softlynow said:

But, IMO, actually capturing the non-idiot 60% is impossible without a better product. IMO, Dems don’t want to create a better product because that requires risking their careers and the known path to wealth when their time in office is up  

Well that’s certainly true.