2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Bobby is definitely into the women things

Wonder if he’s made a pass at Melania,

3 hours ago, hookemATL said:

I’m finished with holding back in any way. If someone gets the slightest bit sideways with me while I’m voting, they are getting the STERNESTLY written letter of all time. 

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Yep. There was an elderly man with a maga cap at the tailgate asking people who they're voting for.

Remind anybody screwing with you, that you’ll just vote 2-3 extra times to make up for them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"The average American will definitely respond favorably to a highly choreographed photo-op at McDonald's" seems like an theory dreamt up by someone who hasn't interacted with an average American in a very long time.

Dude.  The man is a professional vagina desiccator.  He has no idea about anything of relevance to non-warped Americans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

You have that badass ranked choice system we're jealous

Ballot Measure 2 this year is a referendum on getting rid of ranked choice voting.  It's hilarious because the Republicans introduced the original ranked choice system to get rid of Lisa Murkowski, a reasonable Republican who won't bend the knee to Mushroom Dick.  She lost the primary to a hardcore Trumpkin, but won the election due to ranked choice.  Ranked choice also got Mary Peltola, a Democrat, elected to the House of Representatives.  Now, of course, they want to get rid of it.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 6

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Unofficial 2 p.m. Georgia update, more than 1.6 million have now voted, per the local news.  

I could be wrong (of course) but I believe it’s more likely than not thay Democrats are going to outperform the Election day polling average in GA and NC by 2-3ppts. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I could be wrong (of course) but I believe it’s more likely than not thay Democrats are going to outperform the Election day polling average in GA and NC by 2-3ppts. 

Things are looking very promising in Georgia.  Just updated to about 1.65 Million votes.  

• Hook 'Em 6

Crossposting from the pinned thread since this is where everyone seems to be reporting:

Just now voted to get me some of that D.

csb time:

Spoiler

I decided to ditch Austin and my mortgage and moved back to my ruby-red (75-80% R) West Texas hometown of 25,000 a little over a month ago into the house I grew up. The county (pop. 30,000) has a single site during early voting, which seemed fairly bustling with a full parking lot.

A few local observations:
Folks were really chatty in a line of about 12-15 in front of me, but I think that's because so many of them know each other or are just freakishly neighborly. I overheard a couple of them (not there together) remarking on how they were pleased and proud to see it so busy. One of them responded, "This is a really important election that will change the future of our country."

My long-haired hippie-looking ass couldn't help but chime in and say, "Man, y'all should see the lines in places like Austin, where I just moved here from. The last time I voted in a presidential election down there, I had to wait about an hour and a half and swear the line stretched at least 100 yards through a parking lot, stretching from a Whataburger to behind a grocery store next to the dumpsters, and through a small break in the shopping center to get to the front of the store. But, of course, turn-out is always high down there because people in Austin are really motivated to vote."

The point of my saying it was to serve as a reminder that big liberal cities have lots and lots of voters that could swamp places like my hometown, where they just assume everyone votes just like them. It was a slightly dickish move, I'll admit, but it seemed to serve its purpose as both of them frowned slightly and looked at me like, "Oh..."

I'd guess the voting site had two dozen machines, but only about half of them were occupied. From what I saw in front of me, the demographics were mostly older and roughly 80% Anglo (only two Hispanics), but the county is about 45% Anglo/45% Hispanic. This county typically has fairly low voter participation rates, though. The woman manning the machine that I slipped my voter card into proudly said I was voter #606 for the day.

To give y'all additional perspective of how quick and easy it is to vote in a place like this: I walked out the door, drove five minutes to the polling station, stood in line, voted, and got back home in about 20-25 minutes.

I'm not exactly sure what any of that means from a turnout perspective, but I will say that despite only ever seeing one single Trump bumper sticker in my short time here, the rural red Rs do appear motivated. So don't interpret the lack of Trump signs when y'all travel around the state as a lack of support and motivation.

Once I get completely settled in here, I plan to get involved long-term in helping the sad little local Democratic Party, whose online presence (from the best I can tell) consists of a single, private FB group with only 156 members.

GET. YOUR. ASSES. TO. THE. POLLS.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I'm somewhat sanguine on Georgia but I have a sense you are right on NC.

• Hook 'Em 2

Well then. 

IMG_2902.thumb.jpeg.7586ab0a5161f6c0d9bf238f3f4f347d.jpeg
Dropped in a drop box at 7:45, get this confirmation 7 hours later.  After completing it at my leisure at home yesterday.   

Texas voting is…working as intended I guess. 

Lolz, no shit. I'm dehydrated and semi sunburned from voting. The boy lives in Colorado and laughed. Already dropped that ballot in the mail.
  • Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"The average American will definitely respond favorably to a highly choreographed photo-op at McDonald's" seems like an theory dreamt up by someone who hasn't interacted with an average American in a very long time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Anybody waiting until Election Day to vote had better have a lot of time on their hands. My polling site, which is traditionally busy, was more so this day. My wait was just over an hour and the line was longer than I have seen it as I was leaving. Large numbers of Indian Americans, with healthy doses of blacks and whites.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Went around lunch time to the Randall’s on Slaughter and Brodie. Took about an hour. Probably would have gone quicker if they had 3 stations to check people in instead of the 2, but whatever. Done and done. Vote registered against that fucking fascist fuck and that fucking smarmy fuck

For your reference, the location off of Monterey oaks had three people checking in and a dozen machines. Which reminds me of bolverk pointing out that his small rural location had the same amount of machines. Doesn't seem very logical

1 minute ago, texasdago said:

For your reference, the location off of Monterey oaks had three people checking in and a dozen machines. Which reminds me of bolverk pointing out that his small rural location had the same amount of machines. Doesn't seem very logical

Exactly how the Texas GOP wants it 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Let's take America back ...... to 18, err 1798!

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-harris-election-10-21-24#cm2jhmftv001x3b6mbkm82j5i

1 hr 49 min ago

Trump says “we have to go back to 1798” as he vows to invoke Alien Enemies Act

From CNN's Kate Sullivan in Greenville, North Carolina

Former President Donald Trump on Monday said “we have to go back to 1798” as he vowed to invoke the Alien Enemies Act of 1798 and expedite the removal of undocumented gang members if reelected.

“I will invoke the Alien Enemies Act of 18, no, of 1798. Think of that, 1798. That’s when we had real politicians that said we’re not going to play games. We have to go back to 1798 to target and dismantle every migrant criminal network operating on American soil,” Trump said at a campaign event in Greenville, North Carolina.

Trump first said he would invoke the act during a trip to Aurora, Colorado, as he made false and sensationalized claims about Venezuelan gangs taking over swaths of Colorado.

Stoking fears about undocumented immigrants is central to Trump’s campaign message and he has ramped up his dehumanizing and degrading language of immigrants in the final stretch before Election Day.

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

That was the bottleneck in Comal. 2 ladies for ID check and multiple empty booths waiting for voters.

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

“I’m a construction!”/Ralph Wiggum Voice

An effete violin prodigy with TV executive parents goes to private school, gets a book deal from a wackadoodle Christian publisher, gets a cushy columnist gig from Andrew Breitbart while in law school, does conservative talk radio, then jumps to David Horowitz's think tank before being bankrolled by oil tycoons to do Daily Wire.

He's been a media ghoul since the womb, and damn near every dark money asshole we've never heard of has a few of these pet projects cooking.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, mooseoutfront said:

Ballot Measure 2 this year is a referendum on getting rid of ranked choice voting.  It's hilarious because the Republicans introduced the original ranked choice system to get rid of Lisa Murkowski, a reasonable Republican who won't bend the knee to Mushroom Dick.  She lost the primary to a hardcore Trumpkin, but won the election due to ranked choice.  Ranked choice also got Mary Peltola, a Democrat, elected to the House of Representatives.  Now, of course, they want to get rid of it.

Well, guess that’s going to get repealed. Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

love that the GOP thinks you win the Black vote by: touting your own felony convictions, selling golden basketball shoes, and serving french fries at mcdonalds

Now had he gone to popeyes.......

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

First one is like, "Am I doing it right? I want to vote too "

The second, "Dad, you are such a dork. I can't believe you are making me wear this."

And @TexPx is saying “whaddya want from me?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, texasdago said:

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Exactly how the Texas GOP wants it 

Yep. There were 24-25 machines at the one early polling location. On election day, they'll have four voting sites overall, but I have no idea how many machines they'll divide among them (or if they have others in storage).

Obviously, I'd never voted here before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Like I said, roughly 12-15 people were ahead of me in line, but that measly number impressed all the locals. They have history on their side to judge if that was good, though. Coming from Austin and seeing just a few souls in the queue, it was a relief not to stand out in a parking lot for an hour or so.

If my experience was standard, the rurals (I'm one of them now) have it fucking easy while you big city folk gotta plan an excursion, sweat some, get dehydrated, and sunburnt to cast your vote. No doubt that's all by design.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Things are looking very promising in Georgia.  Just updated to about 1.65 Million votes.  

Not to be a wet blanket, but I seriously don’t know anyone opposed to early voting anymore. I imagine it’s only a small number of very old and retired republicans. I think the final results will show that republicans and democrats turned out to early vote at roughly equal rates

• Haha 1

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

WI-MI-PA-NE2 gets you to 270. PA is the hardest of those to win. 

She’s also been everywhere among the 7 swing states bc she’s not doing a Hillary and ignoring any of them 

• Hook 'Em 5

38 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

An effete violin prodigy with TV executive parents goes to private school, gets a book deal from a wackadoodle Christian publisher, gets a cushy columnist gig from Andrew Breitbart while in law school, does conservative talk radio, then jumps to David Horowitz's think tank before being bankrolled by oil tycoons to do Daily Wire.

He's been a media ghoul since the womb, and damn near every dark money asshole we've never heard of has a few of these pet projects cooking.

But he will still cry his wee beady eyes out tonight on his big giant pillow.

Edited by Born to Run
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Harris has practically become a resident of PA. What does that mean?  

That’s actually the bottom line in this race; Trump is campaigning in a place he can’t win without, Harris is campaigning in a place that if she takes it she can’t lose.  Harris just has more realistic paths to victory here.

I was shocked enough in 2016 to never be shocked again, so if Trump wins I won’t be shocked.  But I will be surprised.

• Hook 'Em 4