2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

First day numbers for Travis Co:

6.02% of all registered voters have now voted.

Top three polling places by ballots cast:

• Bee Cave City Hall (2,072)
  • Ben Hur Shrine Center (2,041)
  • PFISD Rock Gym (1,942)

Bottom three polling places by ballots cast:

• Anita Ferrales Coy Facility (199) - the old Allen Jr High school
  • Travis Co Civil and Family Courts Facility (327) - two blocks southwest of where Players used to be
  • Cepeda Branch Library (379) - Pleasant Valley at 7th in east Austin

8 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

• PFISD Rock Gym (1,942)

• Travis Co Civil and Family Courts Facility (327) - two blocks southwest of where Players used to be

Yeah looking at the Travis County wait time map for voting locations, everything west was red and yellow.  Most stuff east of 35 was green (20 minutes or less)

5 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"The average American will definitely respond favorably to a highly choreographed photo-op at McDonald's" seems like an theory dreamt up by someone who hasn't interacted with an average American in a very long time.

I think my son was about 9 when he stopped wanting to go to McDonalds. Maybe 10, I dunno. Anyway, too bad 8 year-olds can't vote, they'd love that McD Trump photo op.

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

My brother lives in Mukilteo. He sends his home state brosef this kind of text every election cycle just to remind me what I’m missing.

Moved to WA earlier this year and primary voting was a revelation. It's so nice to be able to sit down and fill out your ballot as you research, and to be able to stop and come back. Our ballots came in the mail over the weekend while we were at the UGA game. I'll probably fill it out over commercials while watching football.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• PFISD Rock Gym (1,942)

Got a link where can we find this information for other polling locations?

14 minutes ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, Texas Jeff said:

• PFISD Rock Gym (1,942)

Got a link where can we find this information for other polling locations?

https://votetravis.gov/current-election-information/current-election/

G24 Daily Totals 10212024.pdf

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Bleach Blonde Butch Built Marge Greene said the exact same thing about Georgia the other day.  The plan is being executed.  MAGA knows they are losing so they're starting early on the "this is rigged" playbook.

Maybe they can convince the VP not to certify. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Bojack said:

This segment is a masterpiece of journalism. If you've never watched it, you should. Totally worth it. 

Just back from voting at Gus Garcia Rec Center on Rundberg. Wait time was about 30 minutes. About the least Trumpy looking group of people I've ever seen. 

Mentioned this before- my FIL worked at ODOT when this happened (they were responsible for the attempted detonation/disposal); guy who it was assigned to essentially ended up drawing the job because everyone else heard what was coming and avoided the office that morning.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Now that's a fucking headline

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Harris should lay out her plan on how she’s going to make sure dotard goes to prison.

Harris should lay out her views on Arnold Palmer's dick size, because apparently it's a big enough issue that Trump felt the need to start a rally off by talking about it.

And everybody here really should be asking their MAGA relatives why Trump is thinking about the dick of a guy who has been dead for almost a decade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Harris should lay out her views on Arnold Palmer's dick size, because apparently it's a big enough issue that Trump felt the need to start a rally off by talking about it.

And everybody here really should be asking their MAGA relatives why Trump is thinking about the dick of a guy who has been dead for almost a decade.

he’s not talking about anything relevant to american voters. he never does. that’s the genius of his rallies and why he’ll probably keep doing them straight through the election. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

he’s not talking about anything relevant to american voters. he never does. that’s the genius of his rallies and why he’ll probably keep doing them straight through the election. 

Well except for transgender folks.  Who are apparently extremely important to his voters, despite constituting less than 2% of the population.

And people who are that interested in a tiny fraction of the American people are also acutely interested in the dick size of long-dead golfers.

It really makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Faulkner is far from an unbiased questioner. Fox has her on because she’s African American and hates the Dems. Or hates the Dem for the money. I’ve watched her shows and I’ve never seen a fair question or comment out of her mouth.

There is zero chance that I could prove, via paperwork, my first couple of pre-college grad jobs. There are SS reports that show I have income but the source (employer) isn’t listed. For sentimental reasons, I wish I had kept the paystub just to remind myself how far I’ve come. I think the first job was $3.85/hr but could be slightly off.

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

Yep. Their playbook will be to repeat unsourced stories again and again. Get the average, low info GOP voter to start repeating that they heard Dems are up to their old tricks again.  Can’t trust the voting results unless Trump wins.

Fox News will start reporting the reports and quietly end the story that they working to verify the story. When in fact they’re not.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think the first job was $3.85/hr but could be slightly off.

There you go bragging. My first job didn't have paychecks, because the owner put cash into pay envelopes, and it was a big deal when minimum wage rose to above $2.00/hr.

I do not have any of those pay envelopes, but my social security account says I earned $77 in 1973. 

Now this is how you do a humble brag!

full disclosure - my first job was pumping gas, washing windshields, stocking coolers, cleaning the bathrooms, and mopping floors (if it was the closing shift). And we got a free cookie and a candy bar, which was not reported for tax purposes. And we would take and extra coke (later it was a beer) which was not reported to ownership. Yes, I am a criminal, running loose in America, may god save my soul.

11 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Now this is how you do a humble brag!

No, pretty sure below is how you humblebrag

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Fuck that rotten brat and his horrible mom.  
I have no fucking chill about this. In 2020 my daughter (then 14) destroyed a neighbor’s Trump sign and I dragged her ass up on their front porch and made her apologize to their face and bring them a new one, too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Georgia data dump update:

1.  1.69 Million votes cast - and yes, it's great to finally have a 69 to include in my update

2.  Relative to 2020 - this is 6% lower participation at the same calendar date, somewhat misleading, due to Covid, returns were accepted a bit earlier in 2020.  By the end of the day today, we will surpass that rate, and by the end of this week move early votes will be cast than all of 2020.  

3.  Of the 1.69 Million votes almost exactly 100k are mail in, significantly lower, again Covid.  In person voting is definitely the flavor of the day.

4.  1.33 Million of the votes are from early voters of 2020, represent 79.1%

5.  The female vote now outpaces the male vote by 183k or 55.2 to 44.4%

6.  2020 non voters represent 262k, with the youth vote (18-29) outpacing the elder vote (65+) by 20k.  This group represents 15.6% of total votes cast and Dems are winning it.  

Per @Helobious who brought up a good point about turn out and Republican early voting this time around skewing the numbers higher, this does not at all appear to be the case. Between the 79.1% retention and the 15.6% of new, that would leave only a differential margin of 5.3%.  

Fortress Atlanta (all percentages relative to 2020 turnout)

Clayton County - 39k or 18%

Dekalb County - 120k votes cast or 20.5%

Fulton County - 196k votes cast or 22%

Random Rural Republican turn outs

Pickens County - 6750 votes or 23.2%

Rabun County - 4400 votes or 29.4%

Habersham County - 7500 votes or 22.6%

Plenty to be excited about, turnout yesterday was almost 300k, with 2.3 million being the tally from 2020 of early voting.   At the current rate, we will meet that by end of day Wednesday or early Thursday.  

• Hook 'Em 2

So early signs look bad for Nevada, good for PA, and possibly promising for GA? Or am I misreading things?

And I'm guessing if one state is to look bad, Nevada would be the ideal choice (outside of # EVs) because it's probably least indicative of how other swing states are going?

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Fuck that rotten brat and his horrible mom.  
I have no fucking chill about this. In 2020 my daughter (then 14) destroyed a neighbor’s Trump sign and I dragged her ass up on their front porch and made her apologize to their face and bring them a new one, too. 

And that's how @Bozo_Casanova and Matt Mackowiak became best friends.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

So early signs look bad for Nevada, good for PA, and possibly promising for GA? Or am I misreading things?

And I'm guessing if one state is to look bad, Nevada would be the ideal choice (outside of # EVs) because it's probably least indicative of how other swing states are going?

I don't think there is any real information on Nevada. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yep. Their playbook will be to repeat unsourced stories again and again. Get the average, low info GOP voter to start repeating that they heard Dems are up to their old tricks again.  Can’t trust the voting results unless Trump wins.

Fox News will start reporting the reports and quietly end the story that they working to verify the story. When in fact they’re not.

Exactly this.  Keep the cult frothing.  Perhaps incite them to violence.  Again.

10 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

I'm hyper focused on Georgia, so I will leave the other states to people that have been tracking that, but as to Georgia, it's looking really good.  I'll make a prediction, amateur is it maybe, come November 2nd (early voting ends on November 1).  Based on everything I am seeing right now, Dems are outpacing performance from 2020.  I'd like to see us build an even larger bank, and hopefully over the next 10 days we will bank it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952vxecp0bo1jbkdburc8p

It was a legit good question, and until today, I hadn't broken that out, but as I said, after examining the data, the small 5% that this proved out to be isn't enough for me to be concerned about a false positive, not once you weigh out the other factors.  

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't think there is any real information on Nevada. 

It kind of bugs me how Ralston is currently treating it like a football game

ITS THE 2ND QUARTER AND THE GOP TAKES A 1 POINT LEAD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

10 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

And that's how @Bozo_Casanova and Matt Mackowiak became best friends.

Gen Z is built different. Her big sister was told explicitly to stay out of it. I said “your sister is in big trouble and I need you to stay out of it. She destroyed the Trump sign in front of that house around the corner,” and her sister goes “well she couldn’t just burn it down.”

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

5.  The female vote now outpaces the male vote by 183k or 55.2 to 44.4%

FYI regarding gender breakdown of electorate historically. 

https://infogram.com/number-turnout-presidential-years-fig-2-1hmr6g7730lyo6n

2020 was 53.1% female.  So that 55.2 is a good number. 

• Hook 'Em 2