2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Harris should say she used to shovel shit at a waste management plant while she was in college so we can all get a laugh watch Trump run over there and shovel shit for a photo op just not to be outdone.

He'd make J.D. Vance do it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

There you go bragging. My first job didn't have paychecks, because the owner put cash into pay envelopes, and it was a big deal when minimum wage rose to above $2.00/hr.
I do not have any of those pay envelopes, but my social security account says I earned $77 in 1973. 
Now this is how you do a humble brag!
full disclosure - my first job was pumping gas, washing windshields, stocking coolers, cleaning the bathrooms, and mopping floors (if it was the closing shift). And we got a free cookie and a candy bar, which was not reported for tax purposes. And we would take and extra coke (later it was a beer) which was not reported to ownership. Yes, I am a criminal, running loose in America, may god save my soul.

My very first job I said “thank you” and “please”
They made me scrub a parking lot down on my knees
Then I got fired, for being scared of bees
They only gave me fifty cents an hour
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Just the fact that Harris has made Trump transform his campaign strategy into complete reactionary (or over-reactionary) mode has been glorious.

She should have a guy from Trump's golf club come on stage and wax poetic for 10 mins about how small Trump's penis is.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think @StassneyHorn mentioned there’s usually a mid morning update for the SOS site as more numbers come in. What you’re seeing now on their site is likely what was sent last night before whoever updates it logged off 

Yes. Any row with a 0 means the county didn’t report in time and will be in the noonish update. Dallas posted last night on their own website but Tarrant went to be as did a bunch of others. 

38 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Just point of order here.  I know your girls are angels, but the ONLY bad part of waiting an hour yesterday was a mom two people away from me with some unruly boys who needed to grow up and be taken in hand who just grabassed and yelled the entire time.

Probably Trump voters. Not an issue here. 

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

There you go bragging. My first job didn't have paychecks, because the owner put cash into pay envelopes, and it was a big deal when minimum wage rose to above $2.00/hr.

I do not have any of those pay envelopes, but my social security account says I earned $77 in 1973. 

Now this is how you do a humble brag!

full disclosure - my first job was pumping gas, washing windshields, stocking coolers, cleaning the bathrooms, and mopping floors (if it was the closing shift). And we got a free cookie and a candy bar, which was not reported for tax purposes. And we would take and extra coke (later it was a beer) which was not reported to ownership. Yes, I am a criminal, running loose in America, may god save my soul.

Off topic but a political issue.

• 1974 - minimum wage was raised to $2
  • 1991 - it hit $4.25. More than doubling it in 17 years.

We’re now 33 years later and it’s $7.25. At this rate, it may double the 1991 rate by the 50 year mark. Maybe.

i checked a cost of living calculator, and the 1991 $4.25 would be $9.50 now. 

• Rage+1 3

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rich kids in Missouri stealing Harris/Walz signs.

I'm in a Facebook group of Democrats who are mostly in (some around) the Park Cities. There are multiple posts every day of Harris and/or Allred signs being stolen from yards in HP/UP. I assume it's mostly dumb-ass HS kids or dick-head Boomers but it's wild this is happening even today in the era of surveillance cameras/Ring doorbells, etc -- especially in that neighborhood. One guy said his Harris/Walz sign was replaced with a couple of bags of dog shit.

2 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

So early signs look bad for Nevada, good for PA, and possibly promising for GA? Or am I misreading things?

And I'm guessing if one state is to look bad, Nevada would be the ideal choice (outside of # EVs) because it's probably least indicative of how other swing states are going?

I still expect maximum GQP fuckery in Georgia.

Edited by C-Man
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Off topic but a political issue.

• 1974 - minimum wage was raised to $2
  • 1991 - it hit $4.25. More than doubling it in 17 years.

We’re now 33 years later and it’s $7.25. At this rate, it may double the 1991 rate by the 50 year mark. Maybe.

i checked a cost of living calculator, and the 1991 $4.25 would be $9.50 now. 

One of my favorite AgWithKids moments on shaggy was when he said he was going to have to rethink whether he ate or tipped at restaurants that paid more than the minimum wage. 
To be clear- not talking about a law. I’m talking about restaurants paying the market rate to hire and retain employees. 

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

One of my favorite AgWithKids moments on shaggy was when he said he was going to have to rethink whether he ate or tipped at restaurants that paid more than the minimum wage. 
To be clear- not talking about a law. I’m talking about restaurants paying the market rate to hire and retain employees. 

Dude had like 17 kids. Can't really blame him for not eating anywhere where $54 and a crisp $2 tip wouldn't cover the whole family.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Truly one of our most special boys.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

He'd make J.D. Vance do it.

Cant Wait GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The Nevada returns so far show this may not matter, but this is what a future Trump administration will be - nothing but grifters and fraudsters looking to rip people off:

Lol. I told you fuckers that the inherent fraud and theft associated with door to door companies would be off the charts. 

20 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You can order an Arnold Palmer at the adult toy store.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Go in any adult store and you can order an Arnold Palmer.

You, uh, trying to go for 3 Putt's crown, bud?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. I told you fuckers that the inherent fraud and theft associated with door to door companies would be off the charts.

Can someone explain this to me like I'm 5? The best I can gather is that Elon hired a firm to GOTV for Trump, and it ended up being a bunch of lazy kids faking their effort level in their apps and playing Fortnite all day instead. Roughly?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Can someone explain this to me like I'm 5? The best I can gather is that Elon hired a firm to GOTV for Trump, and it ended up being a bunch of lazy kids faking their effort level in their apps and playing Fortnite all day instead. Roughly?

That's it.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The Nevada returns so far show this may not matter, but this is what a future Trump administration will be - nothing but grifters and fraudsters looking to rip people off:

1.  That's just for people who don't want to walk.  Usually the biggest issue is getting people to knock on doors and talk to strangers.  That would be way easier to fake.  

2. The vendor has zero financial interest in catching and firing cheaters.  Fewer employees=less income. They get a cut of every fake.  I imagine the fakers pull in more dollars per hour than those actually doing the work. 

“Every door that is marked leaves unique fingerprints, and the fingerprints of a door marked with a spoofing app leave these fingerprints in neon colors. We have tech-enabled auditing and fraud prevention tools to identify and dismiss the bad apples, the Pac doesn’t pay a dime, and the door gets knocked by the next canvasser,” it said.

I mean, what unmitigated bullshit.  Here is someone explaining how they have been successfully gaming the system, and the these dipshits are trying to pretend it's impossible. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, your general gist isn't wrong, but the details are not quite what you're suggesting.

Door to Door sales is a major, major commercial business segment. Most companies use 3rd party door to door sales companies, who employ their own folks to go out and knock on doors and sell things. It can really boost sales numbers, so people/companies are addicted to those sales #s, but they're often highly fucking shady. In Energy, and Telecom, think about people who prey on old folks and get them to sign shit they don't understand. Or fake their signature. Etc. It often comes with a high level of regulator risk, so some companies won't employ Door to Door sale anymore. 

Elon basically hired a bunch of pros to do the door knocking. The only thing pros care about is fucking quotas. How many doors did you knock? How many sales did you make? It's a metrics game. And since they're usually third party working on temporary contracts, they're happy to fudge the fucking numbers to make their quotas/get their bonsues considering in a few weeks they'll be working on another contract somewhere else and there isn't much blowback. 

Contrast that mentality with people who are volunteering, or have more permanent type positions with a democratic party...people who actually care about the outreach and not just checking a box and getting paid. Or the Culinary Union in Nevada. These people care about actual results. 

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

1.  That's just for people who don't want to walk.  Usually the biggest issue is getting people to knock on doors and talk to strangers.  That would be way easier to fake.  

2. The vendor has zero financial interest in catching and firing cheaters.  Fewer employees=less income. They get a cut of every fake.  I imagine the fakers pull in more dollars per hour than those actually doing the work. 

I mean, what unmitigated bullshit.  Here is someone explaining how they have been successfully gaming the system, and the these dipshits are trying to pretend it's impossible. 

You nailed it. Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding.

• Hook 'Em 1

So continuing to add 15-25k per day.  

348k now (D/R) puts the 390k there reachable at Thursday (if you average 20k a day today + tomorrow)

30k a day (D/R + I) would give you 500k by Monday (probably from the weekend dump) 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Leopards eating faces:

Voting for your own genocide is certainly a choice...

Fuck them. I won’t cry when they get deported or their entire family gets nuked in Gaza 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Leopards eating faces:

Voting for your own genocide is certainly a choice...

by comparison, 2020 looked like 59D-35R :

Because Arab American voters view President Donald Trump as having been ineffective in addressing most issues of priority concern to their community, 59% say they are casting their ballots for Democratic candidate Joseph Biden with only 35% voting to reelect President Trump. This is one of the findings of a nationwide poll of 805 Arab American voters conducted by the Arab American Institute during the second week of October 2020.

https://www.aaiusa.org/library/the-arab-american-vote-2020

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Does the 390K buffer number for PA make sense given how different early voting is this time than last time?  Wasn't that number built on expectations of people's early vs day-of voting looking like previous years -- and we're already seeing it doesn't?

This was based on 2022 style voting, which is going to mirror 2024 voting (about a quarter of the total votes by mail and 75% in person). He did not derive that number based on how people voted in 2020, because it was much more polarized mail vs in person 

He accurately called both the 2022 races and 2023 SCOPA race. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Interestingly enough, secondary indicators like this are the one thing that DOES give me comfort.  Her team is well aware of the importance of focusing on the battlegrounds (the lesson that Hillary's neglect taught us all).  So, KNOWING that she knows that, and seeing that she is taking time to hit a non-battleground (or at least a very, very longshot battleground)?  That tells me that she has some good data.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Fuck them. I won’t cry when they get deported or their entire family gets nuked in Gaza 

Yep.  Fuck em all.  When Trump wins, and Bibi has full gloves-off, with 10 shipments a day of fucking 10,000 pound bombs coming from Trump's executive order pen, wiping out Gaza and Gazans completely without even the pretense of avoiding killing civilians and committing full-on ethnic cleansing, every fucking Arab American can SHUT.  THE FUCK.  UP.

You chose this, after the whole world told you this is what you are choosing.  Live with the consequences, and don't look to me for a fucking molecule of sympathy.  You decided to go full "Jews for Hitler" -- you lost all basis to bitch about the gas chambers he told you he was building to exterminate you.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Does the 390K buffer number for PA make sense given how different early voting is this time than last time?  Wasn't that number built on expectations of people's early vs day-of voting looking like previous years -- and we're already seeing it doesn't?

The buffer is based on partisan data, not total votes.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, G650 said:

The part where he is over 46% is the most insane bit of this all.

And it is why I will never leave the ledge.

A country that would go 46% for someone who is literally the worst, most malevolent candidate for POTUS in American History, is not a country that can or should be saved.  Anyone whose body is 46% cancer should be fucking euthanized.

• Hook 'Em 4