2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

The part where he is over 46% is the most insane bit of this all.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Interestingly enough, secondary indicators like this are the one thing that DOES give me comfort.  Her team is well aware of the importance of focusing on the battlegrounds (the lesson that Hillary's neglect taught us all).  So, KNOWING that she knows that, and seeing that she is taking time to hit a non-battleground (or at least a very, very longshot battleground)?  That tells me that she has some good data.

Yep.  Fuck em all.  When Trump wins, and Bibi has full gloves-off, with 10 shipments a day of fucking 10,000 pound bombs coming from Trump's executive order pen, wiping out Gaza and Gazans completely without even the pretense of avoiding killing civilians and committing full-on ethnic cleansing, every fucking Arab American can SHUT.  THE FUCK.  UP.

You chose this, after the whole world told you this is what you are choosing.  Live with the consequences, and don't look to me for a fucking molecule of sympathy.  You decided to go full "Jews for Hitler" -- you lost all basis to bitch about the gas chambers he told you he was building to exterminate you.

I'm almost to this point ...

the-big-lebowski-jeff-bridges.png

Bring this dipshit on once again. Let's flush American as we know it down the fucking toilet. Let's see it happen and then do the most Gen X thing ever:

fucking-told-you-8c2acd31ce.jpg

And then I get out of this fucking hell hole.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm increasingly angry that the Harris campaign hasn't gone scorched earth on Trump.  The truth is that negative ads work.  He should be tarred 24/7 with Felon, sex offender, fascist... etc.  But nope they're gonna play it cute and tongue in cheek.

Probably feel this way because the Trumpkins here are starting to come back out of the closet.  It's infuriating.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Leopards eating faces:

Voting for your own genocide is certainly a choice...

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

by comparison, 2020 looked like 59D-35R :

https://www.aaiusa.org/library/the-arab-american-vote-2020

It's worth noting that The Arab News is a Saudi-funded paper. I would like to understand how the sampling was done, but I imagine they had a call list rather than just pulling numbers out at random hoping to get Arab-Americans.  If that call list was provided by The Arab News, it is likely the respondents were generally pro-Saudi, or at least regularly receive the pro-Saudi paper. The Saudi Arabia government does not give a shit about Palestine and is definitely friendly to Trump.  So, I would take this poll with a chunk of salt. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'm almost to this point ...

the-big-lebowski-jeff-bridges.png

Bring this dipshit on once again. Let's flush American as we know it down the fucking toilet. Let's see it happen and then do the most Gen X thing ever:

fucking-told-you-8c2acd31ce.jpg

And then I get out of this fucking hell hole.

I'm about where you are.

You want to fucking wreck the whole fucking thing?  Fine.  Have at it.  End the Republic.  Join hands with Bibi to exterminate all Palestinians from the Levant.  Hand Europe over to Putin.  You want all that shit?  You get it, enjoy.

When you then cry about the top-to-bottom misery you wrought, well, we fucking told you so.

I will tell you one thing for sure: when Trump wins, I'm no longer just talking about the grifting of MAGA idiots, I am going to do it.  I NEED to do it, because I need to build a pretty fucking big nest egg to fund my escape plan.  Y'all can have the fascist shithole you always wanted, I'll take 10% of your money and then GTFO and leave you to it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, G650 said:

It’s just inflation and nothing else. Things cost more when Biden was president and less when Trump was president. There is no thought beyond the surface level of that metric. No ability to comprehend why even if they had the desire to understand what happened. 

maybe sprinkle in a little misogyny. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

53 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The bond market is pricing in a GOP sweep. The “Trump trade” expects high inflation if Trump wins. Trump tariffs are inflationary. 

I listened to Paul Tudor Jones this morning on CNBC and he said he expects deficits to increase $500B under Trump and another $600B on top of that if Harris wins.  So, at least according to him, we are pretty fucked either way.  Minsky moment potential on mid/long dated treasuries.  

I can't speak for Arab Americans, but my experience with Iranians is that a lot of them like Trump as well. 

My stab at why: They don't necessarily have an issue with a dictatorship or a fascist, power hungry leader. They think there is a possibility of good ones and bad ones. And they think Trump would do good. 

• Haha 1

Man, if people re-elect that fucking moron because of inflation after all the hell he put the country through for 4 years then we deserve the utter ruin this country will become. At least people will have something to post angrily about online for 4 years. Shit isn't going to cost less under Trump if he tariffs everything. We really are a stupid fucking nation and deserve our fate. Muslims voting for the Muslim ban guy. Simply amazing. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

This board:

She's focusing on the states that matter!  She's not dumb like Hillary!

She's leaving the states that matter! She knows it's in the bag!

The polls have Harris losing, the betting markets have Harris losing, she’s doing dumb shit like going to Houston… a lot of copium being hit around here.

• Fuck You 5

Almost literally the very first thing Trump did when taking office in 2017 was ban Muslims from entering the country. This included Muslim-Americans returning home from visiting relatives in the middle east. And the Supreme Court upheld it. If Muslim-Americans don't think this time he'll do worse to them, I really don't think there's going to be any way to convince them. That's a level of stupid usually reserved for wealthy white people who get afforded infinite opportunities to fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm increasingly angry that the Harris campaign hasn't gone scorched earth on Trump.  The truth is that negative ads work.  He should be tarred 24/7 with Felon, sex offender, fascist... etc.  But nope they're gonna play it cute and tongue in cheek.
Probably feel this way because the Trumpkins here are starting to come back out of the closet.  It's infuriating.

I find myself getting frustrated at some of the ads I see that are like “Donald Trump’s policies might be bad for some of America…..”

Yeah he’s not Mitt fucking Romney. Shit like that is just more normalization of the worst candidate for office in the history of this country.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, locodos said:

Remember, they did media studies that the more negative she went on Trump, the more it hurt her numbers.  Voters responded way better to her positive ads.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, G650 said:

People on this board and blue safe spaces can laugh about the McDonald’s business, but I worry about the all these little stunts. He’s good at this and they work. 

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Remember, they did media studies that the more negative she went on Trump, the more it hurt her numbers.  Voters responded way better to her positive ads.

I assumed that was the case, but I think it is a HUGE mistake.  Don't normalize his awefulness.  That allows the BOTH SIDES crowd to feel ok about being a horrible person by voting for a horrible agenda.  Make grandma pull the lever for a rapist.

Edited by locodos
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The polls have Harris losing, the betting markets have Harris losing, she’s doing dumb shit like going to Houston… a lot of copium being hit around here.

Fuck me, I've found myself in agreement with this guy, I need to take a long hard look in the mirror. 

• Haha 1

To share a bottle of whiskey with Brisket on the ledge, we are a few weeks a way from these 2 scenarios: 

1. Trump loses, and there will be blood in the streets again. For those of us paying attention, we were not surprised at all with what happened on January 6th.  Trump will deny election results but since he's not in power right now that will be tamped down legally fairly quickly. Eventually Trump makes the decision to run in 2028, or leave the country, or makes a deal to avoid jail time. If he goes away (inshallah), the GOP is in shambles and there is a glimmer of hope to pick up the pieces of American society and function again. 

2. Trump wins, and society becomes completely broken for at least a generation if not more. The "civil war" won't be an actual war, but a clear separation within communities that will happen swiftly and silently. People will just find their tribe and hold on for dear life. It's already kind of been happening, but it will be much more obvious and the general apathy towards each side will make a lot of institutions in this country crumble. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep.  His shitiness is a feature to his followers. 

I mean, calling BIden a pig?  Talking about A. Palmer's cock?  Ha ha, how funny is that!

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well except for transgender folks.  Who are apparently extremely important to his voters, despite constituting less than 2% of the population.

And people who are that interested in a tiny fraction of the American people are also acutely interested in the dick size of long-dead golfers.

It really makes perfect sense when you think about it.

i'm gonna need a venn diagram.

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I saw a study a few years ago that showed right leaning voters are more motivated by fear based messaging and prefer more authoritarian leaders while left leaning voters are more motivated by optimistic or hopeful messaging and prefer more democratic leaders. 

Im pretty sure it was a global study but it was a while ago and might have just been a US study. 

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

the polls that are skewing the numbers towards Trump are all GOP friendly and the betting markets showing Trump leading are seeing big money thrown in by big GOP supporters.  and the GOP is now telling us that the machines are rigged bc they're flipping Trump votes to Harris.  see a pattern?  the GOP needs to convince America that Trump is winning this thing bigly heading into November 5 based on the polls and betting markets.  and when he starts getting crushed on November 5, he can say, "See, the Dems are cheating.  I had this thing locked up.  The machines are flipping votes.  Rigged rigged rigged!"

i'll trust Harris's internals suggesting that she can spare a night in Houston than the polls and betting markets.

Everything showing that Harris is doing bad is GOP propaganda? That doesn’t sound just a little too convenient to you?

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm about where you are.

You want to fucking wreck the whole fucking thing?  Fine.  Have at it.  End the Republic.  Join hands with Bibi to exterminate all Palestinians from the Levant.  Hand Europe over to Putin.  You want all that shit?  You get it, enjoy.

When you then cry about the top-to-bottom misery you wrought, well, we fucking told you so.

I will tell you one thing for sure: when Trump wins, I'm no longer just talking about the grifting of MAGA idiots, I am going to do it.  I NEED to do it, because I need to build a pretty fucking big nest egg to fund my escape plan.  Y'all can have the fascist shithole you always wanted, I'll take 10% of your money and then GTFO and leave you to it.

As far as the grifting goes ...

t8IgzqZ.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, your general gist isn't wrong, but the details are not quite what you're suggesting.

Door to Door sales is a major, major commercial business segment. Most companies use 3rd party door to door sales companies, who employ their own folks to go out and knock on doors and sell things. It can really boost sales numbers, so people/companies are addicted to those sales #s, but they're often highly fucking shady. In Energy, and Telecom, think about people who prey on old folks and get them to sign shit they don't understand. Or fake their signature. Etc. It often comes with a high level of regulator risk, so some companies won't employ Door to Door sale anymore. 

Elon basically hired a bunch of pros to do the door knocking. The only thing pros care about is fucking quotas. How many doors did you knock? How many sales did you make? It's a metrics game. And since they're usually third party working on temporary contracts, they're happy to fudge the fucking numbers to make their quotas/get their bonsues considering in a few weeks they'll be working on another contract somewhere else and there isn't much blowback. 

Contrast that mentality with people who are volunteering, or have more permanent type positions with a democratic party...people who actually care about the outreach and not just checking a box and getting paid. Or the Culinary Union in Nevada. These people care about actual results. 

Man we used to get so many door to door sales people in our neighborhood because it’s a newish neighborhood. The best investment was 2 no soliciting signs for $20 on Amazon. Put on near the edge of my sidewalk/driveway and the other on my door. It drastically reduced the numbers of people knocking and ringing. We do still occasionally get the Chinese restaurant or pizza drop offs that just slide it in the crack of your door. 

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, locodos said:

Make grandma pull the lever for a rapist.

Every grandma who is pulling the lever for Trump knows he's a rapist or doesn't care.

It's a tossup.  If any of us can find one voter that might have blown off voting to go vote, that's about all we can do.  No sense worrying about it.

We live in a society were intelligence, honesty, patriotism and truth don't matter to a near majority of people.  

Plus, rapists>>>>>homos and trannys and most of them are bad people negroes and mexicans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

So early signs look bad for Nevada, good for PA, and possibly promising for GA? Or am I misreading things?

And I'm guessing if one state is to look bad, Nevada would be the ideal choice (outside of # EVs) because it's probably least indicative of how other swing states are going?

my hope for nevada is that the counting is a shitshow like always and the election is over several days before they announce who won because at that point, who gives a shit.

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The polls in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania have been pretty rock solid for awhile now. Anything beyond that is just gravy.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Man, if people re-elect that fucking moron because of inflation after all the hell he put the country through for 4 years then we deserve the utter ruin this country will become. At least people will have something to post angrily about online for 4 years. Shit isn't going to cost less under Trump if he tariffs everything. We really are a stupid fucking nation and deserve our fate. Muslims voting for the Muslim ban guy. Simply amazing. 

Yeah, but my guess is he won't impose tariffs just like he never had a plan to replace Obamacare. It served its' purpose on the campaign trail. He completed a few miles of the border wall. That's it. If he wins, he will do two things -- pardon himself and cut taxes for the rich. Period. End of story. And then he'll hand over everything else to the Stephen Millers and Roger Stones and Steve Bannons of the world, who will bend this country over and butt-fuck it (well maybe not white males because that's gay and shit) to Bolivia.

Just now, BrickHorn said:

You’re generally a good poster. That’s a really shitty take and you can go fuck yourself.

No, they can go fuck themselves which they will do if they vote for him or vote against her and Trump takes over. But they may be too stupid and one-issue to see that. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

People on this board and blue safe spaces can laugh about the McDonald’s business, but I worry about the all these little stunts. He’s good at this and they work. 

I mean, I guess. I'm a construction worker by trade and spend all my days with the working man. They aren't really super horny for Trump. It's the upper middles that have all the Trump signs out.

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, locodos said:

I assumed that was the case, but I think it is a HUGE mistake.  Don't normalize his awefulness.  That allows the BOTH SIDES crowd to feel ok about being a horrible person by voting for a horrible agenda.  Make grandma pull the lever for a rapist.

Her campaign vs him is enough with the hate rhetoric. You can’t run that as your positive campaign and run non stop negative/hate related ads. 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, they can go fuck themselves which they will do if they vote for him or vote against her and Trump takes over. But they may be too stupid and one-issue to see that. 

No. What they see is a slaughter that is being supported by the current US administration, and they refuse to support it. I don’t think they’re making the best choice, because I believe Democrats are more likely to come to their senses and rein in Israel. But I also can’t blame them for (a) not voting for the party whose current leader is providing material support to Israel and (b) believing a change will improve the situation, because it’s already as bad as it can get.

If you can’t understand why someone might not vote for a party that currently has the power to stop a massacre but is instead paying for it, then you’re a fucking heartless idiot.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2